No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin Wants The Best at 160 - With Or Without The Belts

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Robi13 View Post
    My point is that, all your hate for him is overcome by people who support him. So more people support him than hate him. You just one of the few haters he has lol.
    do you even read posts on here? He's hated by plenty of boxing fans and 90% of the fans who support him, do so because they're Mexican. So your unconditional love for him still won't erase that plenty of fans still consider him to be a belt dropper who avoided ggg for almost 2 yrs and took peds.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing1013 View Post
      When did Canelo ever dare to be great? And don't say Floyd - everyone takes the decision loss, payday and exposure from a Floyd fight.
      answer this question for me...how many times has ggg moved up in weight to challange himself in another division...I will wait

Comment

• It seems to me GGG doesn't want to fight Andrade or Charlo. It would be a good fight for both.

Comment

• Originally posted by LADIV View Post
          answer this question for me...how many times has ggg moved up in weight to challange himself in another division...I will wait
          If Canelo moving up to face GGG was Canelo daring to be great, then logically GGG is great. That was my main point btw :0.

And come on man - most guys move up because they have trouble making the weight or they are looking for a new challenge. GGG has been a great pro at taking care of himself and pretty amazingly has just never grew out of the weight in his entire late amateur/pro career. So that was never an issue.

GGG's biggest money and legacy opportunities were always with guys slightly smaller than him. Pac May Cotto Canelo. He was always angling for one of those fights because they were legacy fights but also the big money fights. Staying put at 160 and waiting on Canelo or Cotto, or even staying put at 160 with the possibility of moving down for Pac or May just made sense.

And unfortunately at 168 there just wasn't really much there. GGG wanted to go up and fight Froch and Chavez at 168. Those were good business/exposure fights and the Froch fight would have been a legacy fight. GGG played his role as the B side but he was too risky for those guys and didn't bring much to the table so those never happened.

As far as Ward - I honestly can't believe people try and give GGG stick for the Ward stuff. Even Ward fans would acknowledge he is a diva in negotiations and Ward was basically always the clear B side in negotiations with GGG, yet acted like the A side. Expecting GGG or any other fighter to completely abandon any leverage they have just to fight a tough opponent, it's just silly.

Moving up in weight is not the sole criteria for judging greatness. He fought about 20 really good to great fighters in his career and as Abel just said, he never has been dominated in the ring. That in and of itself is a testament to his greatness. If he wasn't great Willie Monroe would have gone 12 rounds with him. Or Stevens would have dropped him. Or Lemieux. Or Rubio would have frustrated him and lasted 12 rounds.

I respect GGG because he never had a hiccup. He always did what you expected and more. I have followed boxing fairly closely for the past 10 years and I can remember the vibe going into most of GGG's fights. Almost always, the Jacobs Brook and Wade fights were somewhat notable exceptions, his detractors would start hyping up the other guy and saying that guy would beat him. Then GGG would dominate and people would say that guy ******. Rinse/repeat. When a guy handles his business that many time against good to great opposition, all different types of fighters too, I have to tip my hat to him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jab jab boom View Post
            do you even read posts on here? He's hated by plenty of boxing fans and 90% of the fans who support him, do so because they're Mexican. So your unconditional love for him still won't erase that plenty of fans still consider him to be a belt dropper who avoided ggg for almost 2 yrs and took peds.
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypot3CYECwE

Comment

• Originally posted by Nusky View Post
              Better than Canelo and Jacobs probably not. But he definitely was hungrier (at the time) and probably still is hungrier than them both. So I believe he would've given GGG all he can handle.

The real question is why didn't GGG fight him instead of getting stripped? I don't expect you to provide any insight or answers that don't have anyting to do with money or politics. If however, your answer is somewhere along the lines of "he didn't wanna risk losing before the Canelo rematch" than that would be refreshing.

I had GGG winning both Canelo fights and losing to Jacobs for the record.
              You seem to have changed your tone. It's gone from "Chenko would beat his ass" to "Chenko would give him all he could handle" Big difference don't you think?

He was so hungry he lost to Jacobs. Does this not prove Jacobs was hungrier?

G thought the fight was worth more than what HBO were willing to put up at the time so he gave it a swerve. To suggest G was ducking even though he fought Jacobs and Canelo twice is nothing short of ******. But if you insist otherwise, that's on you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jab jab boom View Post
                Dazn gave him 365 million.. I think more people support him than hate him. You're just a hater. You admitted it yourself lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing1013 View Post
                  So all of that will work itself out. I just don't think GGG should take business advice from the people who hate on him, they just want to see him lose and make no money, and obviously he is trying to do the opposite.
                  Who you talking about? 🤔

Comment

• Originally posted by MPDKSAB View Post
                    Who you talking about? 🤔
                    I guess you if you hate on him and are trying to dictate his career? Pretty easy to translate bro

Comment

• Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
                      After having spent the greater part of his record-tying middleweight title reign on a campaign theme of "all the belts," it seems that alphabet hardware is no longer on the list of priorities for Gennady Golovkin. Make no mistake, the former unified middleweight titlist will gladly accept the challenge of any of the division's current claimants-including a lucrative third showdown with World 160-pound king Saul Canelo' Alvarez. But the next six fights he will spend on DAZN will have less to do with the belt at stake than how those fights can redefine his legacy.
                      [Click Here To Read More]

bullshyt !!

heard all that rubbish before

says he wants to fight the best... picks a total scrub... rinse wash repeat

Comment

Working...
                      X