Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Underappreciated Legend: Miguel Cotto

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He ain't underappreciated by me... fine fighter who gave his all. Sure fire HOfer and rightfully so.

Comment

he disgraced himself at MW and ended up getting beat up by sadam ali..chickens came home to roost

Comment

I was a big fan

Comment

A real good fighter but a huge diva who spoke about himself in the third person

Comment

Miguel Cotto Full Career Fights

https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...d.php?t=663859

Comment

I don't think he was underappreciated at all. I think he had a lot of people giving him massive props. Maybe his own people don't appreciate him because of Tito but a lot of people that i know like and appreciate Cotto over here.

Comment

I think he's overrated. He was a bigger star than he was a great fighter. He was excellent, there's no doubt and he took them all on but he wasn't a special fighter IMO.

Comment

He gave real boxing fans some great fights. Can't say he never ducked because he avoided GGG while he was MW champ, but he also didn't pretend that he wanted him or that he was the best MW. I always respected Cotto and I wish there were more fighters with his work ethic, bravery and sportsmanship.

Comment

Cotto had a great career and got out at the right time.

Comment

Originally posted by E-Thug View Post
                      What a load of bollocks. If Margarito had plaster in his gloves that first fight, Cotto would be dead because there's no human on this Earth who can take 10 rounds of plaster and not come out differently.

Besides, if Margarito cheated in the first fight then how the hell did Cotto have an extremely successful career post Tony?
                      The idea with plaster of Paris is that it takes about 4-6 rounds to harden. It is sulfur and calcium. It must remain soft in order to conceal it during the hand wrapping phase with eyes on the wraps.

Comment

Working...
                      X