Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder: I'd Definitely Rather Fight Breazeale On Fox Than PPV

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Comments Thread For: Wilder: I'd Definitely Rather Fight Breazeale On Fox Than PPV

    With the amount of money being offered by various promoters and outlets, it's no surprise that Deontay Wilder's next fight could very well land on Pay-Per-View. It doesn't mean the defending heavyweight titlist has to embrace such a concept. Next up for Wilder (40-0-1, 39KOs) will be a World Boxing Council (WBC)-mandated title defense versus mandatory challenger Dominic Breazeale. Preliminary discussion has the bout landing on May 18 at Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York.
    [Click Here To Read More]

  • #2
    At least wilder isn’t pretending to be a ppv fighter like some of his fans are. The fury number was an anomaly he can’t fight guys like breazle on ppv he’s not aj

    Comment


    • #3
      Lol. His voice ain’t deep enough, first of all! - Wilder made me laugh forreal w that one.

      Comment


      • #4
        ... Wilder said it as it actually is...

        Comment


        • #5
          “Pay-Per-View for me is definitely those big moments, those special magical moments for fights that people have to see. Breazeale don’t fit that bill,” Wilder readily admitted when asked during a recent interview on Tha Boxing Voice podcast. “Nobody knows Breazeale. He tries to play that tough man role, but his voice ain’t even deep enough for starters and he ain’t got no swagger.”

          damn I don't know why I laughed so hard at that

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
            “Pay-Per-View for me is definitely those big moments, those special magical moments for fights that people have to see. Breazeale don’t fit that bill,” Wilder readily admitted when asked during a recent interview on Tha Boxing Voice podcast. “Nobody knows Breazeale. He tries to play that tough man role, but his voice ain’t even deep enough for starters and he ain’t got no swagger.”

            damn I don't know why I laughed so hard at that
            when wilder heads back home to the pbc/fox/showtime brand the typical uk guys are gonna call him a ducker and scared and all of that

            whos really the ducker when you wont come to the table unless you have options on both guys so you cant lose?

            wilders team has already tried many times in good faith to make this fight as a co-promotion...both sides run the risk there that theyre guy wont have the same value after that fight

            DAZN will only really push it if they have 100 percent control and options on both guys...theyve invested about 50 mil betwen the povetkin and miller fights....and would go near 100 mil if you include aj/wilder....if AJ lost without them having an option on wilder it would be disaster for them......its clear as day theyre only interested in making this fight if they are protected and cant lose in the deal

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
              ... Wilder said it as it actually is...
              Indeed. Stay tuned. The AJ fans and the self proclaimed Wilder critic will be here to tell how how he erred in saying it as it actually is.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
                when wilder heads back home to the pbc/fox/showtime brand the typical uk guys are gonna call him a ducker and scared and all of that

                whos really the ducker when you wont come to the table unless you have options on both guys so you cant lose?

                wilders team has already tried many times in good faith to make this fight as a co-promotion...both sides run the risk there that theyre guy wont have the same value after that fight

                DAZN will only really push it if they have 100 percent control and options on both guys...theyve invested about 50 mil betwen the povetkin and miller fights....and would go near 100 mil if you include aj/wilder....if AJ lost without them having an option on wilder it would be disaster for them......its clear as day theyre only interested in making this fight if they are protected and cant lose in the deal
                That's what gets lost with some critics regarding the big money deals that are being offered. Some of them require the fighter to sell out the very folks that got him to the high point of his career. Povetkin signed that option contract to get AJ. Usyk signed the option contract to fight Bellew. Now they have DAZN fights for the next few fights.

                Comment


                • #9
                  The Champ is on point! No PPV! "Breazeale don't fit the bill!"

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
                    That's what gets lost with some critics regarding the big money deals that are being offered. Some of them require the fighter to sell out the very folks that got him to the high point of his career. Povetkin signed that option contract to get AJ. Usyk signed the option contract to fight Bellew. Now they have DAZN fights for the next few fights.
                    wilder side is willing to co-promote an aj fight and a fury rematch

                    those sides only want the fight if they have options on wilder...which tells the whole story and everything you need to know...theyll come to the table if they get 100 percent control and guaranteed winner of the fight

                    wilders side is willing to take on the risk with everyone ...they believe in their fighter...its plain as day the other sides want a backup a backup plan and guaranteed control over the winner.....that tells you everything you need to know and it couldnt be more obvious in the way they are dealing

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X
                    TOP