Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Whyte: How is Wilder-Breazeale Ordered? It's a Joke, Politics!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ducking Joshua and £7million is predictably looking like a foolish move for Whyte.

Comment

Yeah, it's weird, Breazale is not bad, but Whyte would be a better opponent. I haven't been following closely but it also seems like Whyte should have been the mandatory for Wilder

Comment

Originally posted by sanapuki View Post
        Whytes got a point here. Not only is he number one but he has the silver WBC belt and defended it, which means he has been paying sanctioning fees for them fights. Not sure what Brezeale has done for the WBC to get him mandatory.
        Brazeale has done nothing for the WBC you are correct, but now AH , well that is a different story...maybe all the experts here who seem to know how TR's relationship with the WBO is have some insight into the relationship between pbc and wbc...this match up is fishy, and it's making Wilder look bad. It's making his title reign look bad, and the fact that there is such a discrepancy in purse amounts makes DW look really stupid too, although any interview of his where he is required to put more then 12 words together makes that obvious.

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
          People forget Whyte signed to fight Parker instead of taking the IBF final eliminator against Pulev. Around the same time the WBC made Breazeale vs Molina a final eliminator. Breazeale won with an 8th round KO. He has been the mandatory since late 2017 & waited 18 months for this shot. He took the Negron fight to stay busy. Whyte is more deserving but he took the Parker fight instead of the Pulev or Ortiz fight. I believe the WBC was going to make Breazeale/Molina & Whyte/Ortiz in a mini tournament. I can't recall if those were the correct matchups but I do know there was going to be some sort of WBC 4 man box off for the mandatory spot...
          Whyte went for the money fight there. But before that Breazeale turned down a fight with Whyte on AJ's undercard for the same reason ... the money wasn't enough for him.

After Sulaiman revealed that Breazeale's next fight had to be a final eliminator, because of a contract they gave him for the fight that never happened, vs Stiverne, Hearn was very annoyed and said that if he'd known Whyte vs Breazeale would be a final eliminator when he was trying to make it, he would have offered Breazeale a lot more money and got it done.

Comment

Originally posted by SchoolTheseCats;19567545[B
            ]If you believe they offered wilder 15mil to fight Whyte which is more than what they offered to take on aj it’s no hope for you[/B] I understand being a match room Stan but some **** just not that believable
            He was offered $15million to fight AJ last year, as a matter of fact. But that offer was from Matchroom alone, not Matchroom and DAZN combined.

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
              People forget Whyte signed to fight Parker instead of taking the IBF final eliminator against Pulev. Around the same time the WBC made Breazeale vs Molina a final eliminator. Breazeale won with an 8th round KO. He has been the mandatory since late 2017 & waited 18 months for this shot. He took the Negron fight to stay busy. Whyte is more deserving but he took the Parker fight instead of the Pulev or Ortiz fight. I believe the WBC was going to make Breazeale/Molina & Whyte/Ortiz in a mini tournament. I can't recall if those were the correct matchups but I do know there was going to be some sort of WBC 4 man box off for the mandatory spot...
              You got everything you said.... wrong. Whyte/Parker happened mid last year, not about the same time as the Breazeale/Molina as you think. I wouldn't bother correcting your other errors; other guys here would do us the honour.
              Your 4-man fantasy mini torni almost made me laugh.

The fact that Breazeale/Molina was ordered as a final eliminator tells you all you need to know about the corrupt WBC.

Comment

Whyte is more deserving of the mandatory position than Breazeale.

However, with that said, Breazeale was named mando in November of 2017 and would have been fighting Wilder as mando had Wilder won versus Fury. They removed Breazeale as mando to mandate the rematch. Although I disagree with the decision, giving him the mando spot back is reasonable. If someone is going to cry injustice, it happened back in 2017 when Whyte beat Helenius to win the WBC Silver belt, but was not made mando in favor of making Breazeale Molina a final eliminator. At the time, none rated Whyte as highly as they do now so to suggest that the WBC is protecting Wilder from Whyte is to me quite preposterous. To be fair to the WBC, there is no rule that says the "Silver" champion is the mando nor does it the number one challenger hold rights to the mando position. Besides, the Breazeale-Molina winner was named mando before Whyte became the #1 challenger so Whyte's current argument doesn't hold water. What this boils down to in my view is crying over spilled milk.

I will say this, Wilder asked for the same type of deal that Hearn mentioned in the media recently. He asked for $7M and a guaranteed shot at Joshua in 2018. That is the exact type of deal Hearn mentioned regarding $15M for Breazeale, Kownacki, or Whyte, then a two fight round robin with Joshua. At the time Hearn told Wilder "that's not how this works". So Whyte should in small part be disappointed in his promoter who, in my view, has sacrificed his top opportunities to facilitate Joshua's career (rightly so).

Comment

The WBC ordered Shyte vs Luis Ortiz as a final eliminator.

Naturally Shyte ducked out of that fight but now wants to complain.

Comment

Whyte isn’t signed with pbc that’s why he didn’t get the fight

Pbc have the wbc in their pocket

Painfully obvious

Comment

Originally posted by sanapuki View Post
                      Whytes got a point here. Not only is he number one but he has the silver WBC belt and defended it, which means he has been paying sanctioning fees for them fights. Not sure what Brezeale has done for the WBC to get him mandatory.
                      You have a valid point here, but the WBC are as corrupt as any other money making mob & will do whatever they can to keep the ca$h in house. The truth is that Whyte could actually beat Wilder, where as Breazeale has little chance of making a dent, which of course would put the mockers on a mega money Joshua/Wilder showdown!!..

Comment

Working...
                      X