No announcement yet.

Wilder in talks with DAZN, meeting John Skipper next week

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
    And why wouldn't people love DAZN if they start to get more quality fighters and are able to make the biggest fights? That's exactly what a boxing fan should root for.

John Skipper is a deal maker and the ultimate closer. No surprise once he started getting more involved that DAZN took off. He's going to offer Wilder a deal that's going to be extremely difficult for him to turn down. Interested to see what happens here.

So the five parties will be Haymon/Skipper/Finkel/Dibella/Wilder? Why leave out Jay Deas???? Kidding, but if Wilder ends up going to DAZN, then that ESPN deal going to be looking awfully shaky for Fury...I mean not for him, but the other way around. Can't even sell Wilder or Joshua coming to ESPN when they can say you come to us.
    I would go to DAZN just out of spite for how dirty Fury did him. Getting his own deal with DAZN landing a even bigger fight with Joshua and leaving Fury stuck on ESPN who has none of the top heavyweights or belts would be the ultimate to Fury, Arum and Warren

Comment

Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post
      The whole things madness from one day to another. Arum sitting there thinkings hes pulled the perfect move, same time Wilder's calling Skipper. Never know whats coming next.
      LOL, the NBA is the best soap opera in the offseason with all the different moves/trades that happen. Boxing is now surpassing it. Get a different surprise every day.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
        I would go to DAZN just out of spite for how dirty Fury did him. Getting his own deal with DAZN landing a even bigger fight with Joshua and leaving Fury stuck on ESPN who has none of the top heavyweights or belts would be the ultimate to Fury, Arum and Warren
        Fury/Warren/Arum definitely played Wilder's side, no other way to look at it. Shrewd operating on them, but damn did they drag Wilder to hell and back with months long of negotiations to only announce the ESPN deal when they were close to making the fight LOL.

I actually respect folks that have no shame at all lmao.

Comment

LOL, the NBA is the best soap opera in the offseason with all the different moves/trades that happen. Boxing is now surpassing it. Get a different surprise every day.
          Oh ****! I hope Dillian Whyte hasn't made any hasty decisions

Comment

Originally posted by killakali View Post
            criss out Haymon from that statement. He doesn’t want wilder to go there. He doesn’t have a choice. Wilders managers have the final day along with wilder himself.

Haymon has multimillion dollar tv contracts to fulfill at fox and showtime.

Wilder leaving would cost showtime several millions and could start a ripple effect. If wilder leaves it’s much easier for Jermall Charlo and Dominic Breazeale to follow suite and further deplete the pbc shows.

Haymon didn’t want Alvarez Beterbiev Khan Vargas etc to go either.
            This Wilder thing does hurt PBC somewhat, but they also still have plenty of elite and ppv worthy fights in other divisions.

Look at welterweight for example. Plenty of elite match ups in other divisions to make up for those losses. Also, they can focus on these divisions rather then spreading themselves too thin.

But I will reiterate, losing Wilder would be somewhat of a blow. If he can win those titles and bring them back to Showtime though while increasing his profile, he'll force guys to come to him. It's a monetary thing and calculated risk.

Comment

You know? It's sad to see where Showtime Boxing is right now. Showtime under Ken Hershman was the best ****ing boxing you would ever see: Super Six. Bantamweight tourney. Rise of Donaire. Cruiserweights. Rios-Antillion. Great fight after great fight. Why?

Because they had no fucking angle. They didn't have top-heavy names fighting bums. They aired the best fights possible, regardless of demographics, nationality, etc etc etc. Once he left and Espinoza came in, it's been an all-in flavor of the month club at Showtime. It used to be all Golden boy, now all Haymon. It's a stupid model and I sorely miss what Showtime was a decade ago.

Comment

Well this very good news. Joshua vs Wilder is on its way? I tried to tell everyone that Wilder would eventually come around. Hopefully this move signifies that Dazn would sign Wilder to a Multi-$Million, Multi-fight deal.

Comment

Fury/Warren/Arum definitely played Wilder's side, no other way to look at it. Shrewd operating on them, but damn did they drag Wilder to hell and back with months long of negotiations to only announce the ESPN deal when they were close to making the fight LOL.

I actually respect folks that have no shame at all lmao.
                  When Arum and Warren colluded to ruin the Wilder/Fury rematch I said that day damn this sucks fans lose out on a great fight BUT I also said there might be a silver lining this might force Wilder and Joshua to fight. Wilder/Joshua is the bigger and better fight anyway and if fans can get that later this year and if it all happens because Wilder is on some spiteful shyt towards Fury I'm all for it.

Comment

Originally posted by lolpz View Post
                    This Wilder thing does hurt PBC somewhat, but they also still have plenty of elite and ppv worthy fights in other divisions.

Look at welterweight for example. Plenty of elite match ups in other divisions to make up for those losses. Also, they can focus on these divisions rather then spreading themselves too thin.

But I will reiterate, losing Wilder would be somewhat of a blow. If he can win those titles and bring them back to Showtime though while increasing his profile, he'll force guys to come to him. It's a monetary thing and calculated risk.
                    How do you push PPV as being viable with whats going on at DAZN? The public are going to cotton at some point at being made to pay $75 for fights.

Comment

This is the most sensible move from Deyonce since that fake 50m PR victory to boost his profile.

Everything before and after that has been a disaster. He got used by Fury and turned down more money against Joshua to pick up less money against Fury.

If he steps over dollars to pick up pennies on Showtime once more against Breazeale he may just pay for it with a loss on his record and financially.

A multi fight deal will leave Fury out in the cold and leave the undisputed title on the horizon.

Comment

Working...
                      X