No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: WBC Prez: Wilder-Fury Rematch Will NOT Happen Next

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
    Judging is subjective. When such a large percentage of the most respected ringside experts have Ward winning, you can't cry robbery if Ward wins.

A robbery is when an overwhelming majority of ringside experts have one guy winning and the judges give it to the other guy.
    Forums are great for expressing opinions. Its lucky we dont need to put an * by things we type with something in intalics at the bottom saying (excluding yahoo, msm, usa today & bigfoot)

EDIT, and lets not forget the 'legendary' ringside experts, who are seldom if ever wrong of course p
    Last edited by Songbird; 02-26-2019, 04:26 PM.

Comment

• Comments Thread For: WBC Prez: Wilder-Fury Rematch Will NOT Happen Next

With the stroke of a single network contract, the anticipated heavyweight title fight rematch between Deontay Wilder and Tyson Fury has gone from "nearly done" to "not just yet." A twice-altered deadline imposed by the World Boxing Council (WBC)-whose heavyweight title Wilder has held since Jan. 15-was set for Wednesday with the demand of talks either wrapping up or the matter heading straight to purse bid. The Mexico City-based sanctioning body got the news it sought one day early, even if it's the news that few want to hear.
      [Click Here To Read More]

Comment

• Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
        he didnt put all his eggs in one basket...hes still going to end up with a fight he would have had without fury....joshua wasnt fighting him next anyway if he had beaten fury....hes still gonna end up basically with the same type of fight he would have had without fury.....
        He will be able to still fight Breazeale, correct. But who is to say his team doesn't get in negotiations with Joshua? It seemed like all parties were keen on a rematch and that's where they put all their attention to. And really after how well the first fight negotiations went and the overall success of the first fight, it made sense to do so. However, it is now obvious that Fury had other plans and he may not have wanted the rematch next. From hiding the ESPN deal from Wilder's team to now requesting an interim fight, the proof is in the pudding.

Comment

• The only losers in these network problems stopping fights are the fans.

Comment

• And the guys comparing this to Canelo /Gennady are going full ****** with their
            Reason

Fury/ Wilder from media and people in the sport 55% had Fury winning 34% had it a draw and 11% had Wilder winning. Not exactly the stats of a robbery when 45% feel it was the right decision

Now look at the first Canelo/Gennady fight 88% had Golovkin winning and 12% had it a draw no one except Oscar ,Bernard , Chavez and Moreales thought Canelo won. Add to the questionable scorecards. That’s a case that can be made of a robbery when 0% thought Canelo won and 12% thought the result was fair plus he got 10 rounds from 1 judge. That can classify as a robbery

Even the second fight 66 %!Golovkin winning. 31% scored it a draw and 3% had Canelo winning.

These can be classified as robberies when 3-12%of people agree with the final decision not when it’s 45% basically half thought that Wilder/Fury had the proper result.

Comment

• Wilder is left out in the dark now. He's gonna have to have some hard talks with his team. Otherwise, he will go back to making 1-2 million per fight and possibly getting beat as well. He should have taken the 15 million to fight for all of the belts hahahahahaha ****ing idiot. Fury straight used him to jump start his career. But this is what you get when you refuse to step up and fight for unification. He'll get pennies on the dollar now to fight in arenas that aren't even half full. If I were Hearn, I wouldn't even give him the 40% any more. I'd make him grovel for 20% hahaha

Comment

• Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
                He will be able to still fight Breazeale, correct. But who is to say his team doesn't get in negotiations with Joshua? It seemed like all parties were keen on a rematch and that's where they put all their attention to. And really after how well the first fight negotiations went and the overall success of the first fight, it made sense to do so. However, it is now obvious that Fury had other plans and he may not have wanted the rematch next. From hiding the ESPN deal from Wilder's team to now requesting an interim fight, the proof is in the pudding.
                nah i totally agree...i guess maybe he could have gotten AJ but i doubt it....im fairly certain hearn wanted to come over and fight miller in NY for some time...hes been talking about it for like a year now....i dont think they wanted wilder now....maybe later in the year or next year

i agree on fury...i just think AJ was the only other guy they are really missing out on but i dont think that was ever going to be on the table anyway so wilder is basically getting whatever he woulda had without fury anyway IMO

Comment

• I don’t blame Fury for getting a network deal especially since his promoter already had one with ESPN. Fury had a right to get the best deal for himself. Wilder now had a myriad of contenders to choose from that will keep him busy over what is presumably the last two years of his career and I hope he does that on the FOX portion of PBC

Comment

• Originally posted by R_Walken View Post
                    And the guys comparing this to Canelo /Gennady are going full ****** with their
                    Reason

Fury/ Wilder from media and people in the sport 55% had Fury winning 34% had it a draw and 11% had Wilder winning. Not exactly the stats of a robbery when 45% feel it was the right decision

Now look at the first Canelo/Gennady fight 88% had Golovkin winning and 12% had it a draw no one except Oscar ,Bernard , Chavez and Moreales thought Canelo won. Add to the questionable scorecards. That’s a case that can be made of a robbery when 0% thought Canelo won and 12% thought the result was fair plus he got 10 rounds from 1 judge. That can classify as a robbery

Even the second fight 66 %!Golovkin winning. 31% scored it a draw and 3% had Canelo winning.

These can be classified as robberies when 3-12%of people agree with the final decision not when it’s 45% basically half thought that Wilder/Fury had the proper result.
                    ive got no problem if you have golovkin winning the 1st fight....but how 66 percent can have given the 2nd to golovkin is beyond me....

Comment

• Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post
                      It wasn't the same at all, Fury dominated! It was way different than Canelo vs GGG 1 where Canelo was more accurate and landed more power punches in a majority of the rounds. Wilder was less accurate, landed less power punches and just got outboxed.
                      I didn't see any domination, after watching it live I thought for sure fury won but after re watching more n more fury didn't do much, a lot of the rounds were close and wilder looked very sloppy which made it look worse than it actually was. that was hardly a domination by fury but I can see why you and others say he won. Domination is Floyd vs canelo

Comment

Working...
                      X