No announcement yet.

Is Usyk still going to clear out heavyweight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shrap View Post
    Holy s**t. Are you both serious? Usyk is far more skilled than Fury. This is one of those times when YDKSAB is appropriate.
    I don't know who I will vote for in the 2020 Election. But I WILL tell you how a Presidential Candidate gets my vote: demand more ********s! We can't fix the past, but we can make sure future generations aren't afflicted by "persons" such a this ^

LOL, bytsh thinks Usyk is more skilled than Fury. God, bring on the saline baths.

Comment

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
      The way he's been talked up as being able to defeat the champions at HW and how poorly he looked against Bellew, yes.
      It's really touching that the Boxing Scene Community includes blind people among its membership. Bravo for "Cutthroat" to overcome the discouragement of being unable to intelligently discuss a topic, and still commit to posting here. He's very brave.

But I wonder how he'd feel if he knew his caretaker has uploaded a gif and avatar of Andre Ward. If he weren't a handicapped person, the irony would have me dying w/ laughter.

Comment

Originally posted by Dariusz View Post
        Usyk is physically too weak to be in top10 of HW, let alone win belts.
        Physics don't win fights, for christ's sake

Comment

Originally posted by LetOutTheCage View Post
          Usyk is technically a better fighter than Fury, you forget that Fury was getting outboxed by a much smaller Cunningham until the massive size difference started to tell.
          lol, no. not at all. He got tagged by cunnigham for GOING ON THE OFFENSIVE.

Fury is like the Heavyweight Kalambay - with Walker's chin and desire to win. He is amazing defensively, but he can't mount an offense. In fact, he does himself a terrible disservice whenever he tries.

I have long suspected that was a major factor for the split w/ his uncle. Obviously there were many potential personal issues. I won't say that any of them weren't factors, but I think both men realized they had reached their ceiling, and Tyson needed someone else to not only get him back on track, but lay track further afield.

Usyk is more well-rounded/versatile, but he's definitely not more skilled. Fury has more depth and technical prowess.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackSoul View Post
            damn i didnt know he was THAT small to them. and vitali & vlad aint even taller than AJ which is the shortest of the big 3 damn.
            Joshua is 6`6. Wlad 6`7 and Vitali was 6`7 on paper as well, however on all pictures or who met both of them live, knows that Vitali always was taller than Wlad.
            Last edited by Ogecca MaMa; 02-25-2019, 11:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty Tromboni View Post
              No way he beats Fury. It's just too much of a size and skill disparity. Fury is a spoiler. If they were the same size, Fury's defense would make him a tight favorite.
              If they were the same size there's no way Fury would be the favourite, tight or otherwise. One of Fury's main assets is his enormous size.

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty Tromboni View Post
                lol, no. not at all. He got tagged by cunnigham for GOING ON THE OFFENSIVE.

Fury is like the Heavyweight Kalambay - with Walker's chin and desire to win. He is amazing defensively, but he can't mount an offense. In fact, he does himself a terrible disservice whenever he tries.

I have long suspected that was a major factor for the split w/ his uncle. Obviously there were many potential personal issues. I won't say that any of them weren't factors, but I think both men realized they had reached their ceiling, and Tyson needed someone else to not only get him back on track, but lay track further afield.

Usyk is more well-rounded/versatile, but he's definitely not more skilled. Fury has more depth and technical prowess.
                Watch the John McDermott fight (1) and tell me he has more boxing skills. That was a controversial win to say the least against McDermott in the first fight.

Fury even admits himself that he was getting outboxed by Steve Cunningham.

I'm not saying Fury is a bad boxer by any means, but when you have a considerable height and reach advantage over most of your opponents, that puts you at a significant advantage...

Usyk is technically superior because he is defensively solid and can mount a sustained offense

Comment

Originally posted by Ogecca MaMa View Post
                  Physics don't win fights, for christ's sake
                  Generally you're right but HW is a special category where physical differences play much bigger role than in any other ones as there is no upper limit.

Comment

Usyk is the only top heavyweight i'd favour against fury. Fury will never take that fight

Comment

Originally posted by Lomasexual View Post
                      Usyk is great. He's seriously talented and seems to be a good guy, who doesn't take things too seriously and likes to have a laugh.

He could easily have continued at cruiserweight and become the best ever in that weightclass - because the really excellent cruisers always seem to end up at heavyweight, fighting for much bigger paychecks. If he bucked that trend, he could have gone down as the greatest cruiserweight in history. Or he could have got beaten. Who knows?

He is more skilled that Fury, AJ or Wilder. But he's significantly smaller, and he doesn't have a huge punch either. How will he cope with Wilder's power, when Wilder just walks through Usyk's punches in order to land his own? How will he cope with Fury's awkwardness? How will he cope with AJ's smoldering good looks?

I wish him luck, and I hope he gets some good paydays. But I don't know if I can see him even winning a legit belt in the ring at heavy.
                      Yeah Usyk is ugly as hell. AJ mogs him hard. Plus you know AJ has to be way thicker where it counts. I picture Usyk as being pretty long but not too thick.

Comment

Working...
                      X