Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Fury's Dubious Decision & Why Wilder Won't Accept Arum's Offer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The article here reads that Fury opted for "a 60-40 split that would favor Wilder in a WBC purse bid"... and WBC did say exactly "what" regarding this option??? (I didn't follow the news)...

Comment

• They already fought!! I believe we’d see the same type of fight we already saw. I want to see one of them fight the bigpu$$ie.

Comment

• Can someone please link me to a credible source regarding the 5 fight deal??
        There's only this site reporting it although the article says "other outlets" but there's nothing else anywhere??

Comment

• This as a whole deed has been completed by Dirty Frank. The sneaky snake has decided to double cross wilder and essentially turn his back on the straight up 50/50 offering that has been muted by Finkel/Deyonce.

Why would he look a gift horse in the mouth? It seems that the mind spinning numbers that are available for these huge bouts have created a desire in Warren to run his own show and that’s why ESPN are in the mix. It means that using that platform as a vehicle for negotiations that there will not necessarily be a 50/50 but could instead mean a flat fee negotiation. The lion share of course being taken by Fury/Warren. It seems they are not satisfied with a simple split and want more and to generate more they have signed with ESPN. They will most definitely bring that to the negotiating table and argue possibly for a flat fee of £25M to wilder with the rest going to Fury/Warren etc or a larger percentage in their favour based on their platform reach ability. It’s certainly a power play to take control of the Tyson’s Fights and have the leverage in negotiations.

I understand that Dirty Frank wants to make his and Tyson’s pockets bigger but where does that leave the fans.

I want to see Tyson/Wilder/Joshua fight it out with trilogies for the next 3 years not a waiting game of watching class B opponents.

The division is clearly separated in two parts there’s Aj/Wilder/Fury and then the rest who are not necessarily worth speaking about. There is no interest from me to see a Fury vs Pulev or Deyonce vs Breazeale. There’s better fights in other divisions.

I guess it leaves a very open playing field in the heavyweight division and I guess it’s time for the likes of Deyonce to sign up a deal with a major US broadcaster either sign a Showtime Deal or sign for ESPN and get some of that power back in your hands.

Losing a fight is not a death sentence to a boxing career we need to get back to the time when the best wanted to fight the best and didn’t care about protecting the 0 and would come back stronger in a rematch to reclaim their belts or redeem a loss.

Some big fights do need to be built by increasing the consumer base to maximise the big bouts to record levels. I understand that model or strategy it’s how 1M PPV can turn to 3M PPV it has to marinade all we ask as fans is don’t make us wait too long ...
          Last edited by Batfink; 02-22-2019, 09:47 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
            "Showtime is owned by CBS – literally the most-watched network on American television. CBS, which also owns BoxingScene.com and employs this writer"

This is all you need to know abut this article. Biased crap.
            absolutely! more pbc propaganda incoming.

Comment

• I'm not sure if Frank was the one behind this deal. It's great money I'm sure but he now loses any power he had with Fury. It is the Arum show from this moment on and Warren is really useless here.

Why not just send an offer for this fight to happen in May or June? Why do they need to take an interim fight next and why does Wilder need to sign a five fight deal? Just make an one fight offer and go from there.

Anyways, may be time to get the mandatory out of the way and turn the attention to Joshua.

Comment

• Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
                I'm not sure if Frank was the one behind this deal. It's great money I'm sure but he now loses any power he had with Fury. It is the Arum show from this moment on and Warren is really useless here.

Why not just send an offer for this fight to happen in May or June? Why do they need to take an interim fight next and why does Wilder need to sign a five fight deal? Just make an one fight offer and go from there.

Anyways, may be time to get the mandatory out of the way and turn the attention to Joshua.
                I just personally can't see a five fight deal with Wilder financially viable.. He thinks he's the A-side so would want at least what Fury got.... How the hell is he gonna keep that belt for 5 more fights???.. and who will he fight to maximise income after he loses???.. If he isn't a draw now, he wont be when he's lost

Maybe a 3 fight bum carousel followed by Fury then AJ???
                Just cant see it.....

2 fights is all Arum ever mentioned

Comment

• Originally posted by BoxOfficer View Post
                  Of course the 'champ' can make an optional defence, even against Breazeale, if he wishes. But an optional defence again? Thought Wilder/Fury 1 was optional? Well, it has happened many times before, so that's okay. But the point is, what would the WBC do? Abandon the eliminator and call their mandatory between Wilder/Breazeale? With that body, anything goes. I would be least surprised if they allowed Wilder yet another voluntary defence, of which he picks Breazeale (after all, they've got beef, whatever that is), and then order Whyte/Ortiz as an eliminator for the next shot. Sadly, with the WBC, anything goes.
                  It would make sense for the WBC to order a mandatory with Breazeale as they only asked for the Whyte eliminator as they wanted the Fury rematch but now that Fury is chickening out they should order Breazeale/ Wilder and strip Wilder if he refuses

Comment

• Bob has to understand that ESPN is not the only game in town. Yes, he has a huge budget and more creative and artistic autonomy and control over its boxing platform and content than either Al Haymon or Eddie Hearn.

However, at the same time when you combine all the platforms together. Overall, Top Rank has the smallest budget out of the three.

While the DAZN has the largest budget and the PBC has the largest platform with both the CBS and Fox television networks, which can reach more viewers and households than ESPN and DAZN combined.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                      "Showtime is owned by CBS – literally the most-watched network on American television. CBS, which also owns BoxingScene.com and employs this writer"

This is all you need to know abut this article. Biased crap.
                      Did he lie? Was he wrong?

Comment

Working...
                      X