Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Fury's Dubious Decision & Why Wilder Won't Accept Arum's Offer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BoxOfficer View Post
    Did you notice how the writer didn't make reference to the eliminator between Brezeale/Whyte? He simply assumed Brezeale will get Wilder right away. Well, I'd like to see the WBC's next move and won't be surprised if they make a fool of themselves... again.
    True true...

Comment

Originally posted by Mikedadon View Post
      I wonder what the original purse split for wilder and fury was in the first fight. I don't think its on record.
      There was no purse bid, it was a voluntary fight. Fury was offered a guarantee of 3m dollars, and if the PPV do more than 250K (It did 325K) he and Wilder would get more money on top from the 75K PPV.

Not sure what the UK PPV scenario was with Fury and BT sport but am guessing he made some money from that too, even though it was viewed at 5am here.

Comment

Furys and Wilders managers and handlers would both be reasonably happy with the outcome of the first fight. Snub Joshua, gain recognition and $$.

Now Fury's team are smartly (but annoyingly) waiting for Wilder to fight Joshua and then take on the winner. Probably issues with Furys ESPN deal & politics of joint broadcast between dazn/espn (and the need to make it bigger). Taking on Wilder is a big risk for anyone with his power / potential ko.

Rather than fight his way to the top, Fury will take the easier path. This seems to be the normal path for most boxers nowdays (most recent being Saunders), and Joshua would probably prefer to fight Wilder first as he's more likely to get outboxed by Fury.

That's my prediction. Wilder vs Joshua first then Fury vs winner. In that order sometime within the next 7 years.

Comment

Did you notice how the writer didn't make reference to the eliminator between Brezeale/Whyte? He simply assumed Brezeale will get Wilder right away. Well, I'd like to see the WBC's next move and won't be surprised if they make a fool of themselves... again.
          Absolutely, the WBC would do anything to help Wilder, i think they are probably pissed with Team Fury (I dont blame the WBC for that) for string them along.

If they knew Fury would sign with ESPN then they wouldn't have extend the purse bid for him nor called for a fight between Whyte and breazeale. Now lets wait and see how they spin this for Wilder (If the Fury rematch doesn't happen).

Comment

Breazeale can bypass an eliminator for a straight title shot and so can any other fighter. It's happened plenty of other times. The champion can make an optional defense against anyone in the top 10.

The only reason the WBC ordered the eliminator is because they ordered an immediate rematch between Wilder and Fury.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
              I swear his fans said he made 14m to 20m dollars in his last fight, so i doubt he would accept 4m from ESPN. Maybe the 50m dollars that "they" have for AJ would be used for his next two fights.

I mean showtime showed Whyte the money, he saw the 50m dollars. They could use that for Wilder next two fights.
              Wilder made under 10 million probably 6 . That wasn't Wilders 50 million that was an offer from BT sports financing it. So that's actually Joshuas money because the money is not accessible without him being involved , no one generates that kind of money. Fury and Wilder made an estimated 15 million combined , Joshua himself making over 30 just by fighting Miller.

Comment

"Showtime is owned by CBS – literally the most-watched network on American television. CBS, which also owns BoxingScene.com and employs this writer"

This is all you need to know abut this article. Biased crap.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikedadon View Post
                  I wonder what the original purse split for wilder and fury was in the first fight. I don't think its on record.
                  payouts for the PPV card, which starts at 9 PM ET:
                  Deontay Wilder (40-0Here are the , 39 KOs) $4,000,000
                  Tyson Fury (27-0, 19 KOs) $3,000,000
                  Jarrett Hurd (22-0, 15 KOs) $1,000,000
                  Jason Welborn (24-6, 7 KOs) $30,000
                  Luis Ortiz (29-1-1 NC, 25 KOs) $375,000
                  Travis Kauffman (32-2, 23 KOs) $125,000
                  Joe Joyce (6-0, 6 KOs) $40,000
                  Joe Hanks (23-2, 15 KOs)

Comment

Why would Fury want to get robbed again for 50%, when he's the draw??
                    Not only was the last fight a cherry pick gone wrong, that cherry is leaving an awful sour bitter taste behind too
                    F0ok that coward Wilder, he'll lose or get stripped within 12 months anyway
                    Well played Fury.... Couple of tune ups to get to 100%, build up to an AJ fight and let the WBC strap find a more deserving, maybe even a decent boxer, take hold of it in the interim..
                    Fury don't need Wilder, Wilder NEEDS Fury
                    Last edited by leeroy84; 02-22-2019, 04:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by REDEEMER View Post
                      Wilder made under 10 million probably 6 . That wasn't Wilders 50 million that was an offer from BT sports financing it. So that's actually Joshuas money because the money is not accessible without him being involved , no one generates that kind of money. Fury and Wilder made an estimated 15 million combined , Joshua himself making over 30 just by fighting Miller.
                      You come off as Bias, Very. Are you paid to bash Wilder?
                      All you do is bash every HW except AJ over and over...

Comment

Working...
                      X