Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Fury's Dubious Decision & Why Wilder Won't Accept Arum's Offer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well for all the people that kept saying the five fight deal offered to wilder to have to fury rematch espn just reported it also

Comment

• Originally posted by P4P Forever View Post
      I started feeling that way too after my frist few posts on here. I only started posting here a few weeks ago keep in mind and was complimented for a good post by until dude starts losing it and starts making up storys and then with then insults me.
      Then starts accusing me of be another members Alt account all the time doing exactly what you said. Spouting off about how Wilders Ducking AJ and bashing him and his carear but everything Hearn Is the best. LOL! Litteraly talking for Hearn as though he's his mom, down too other members on here that, even went slightly againt Hearn on any point. It was hilarious.
      Haha your right to be skeptical of posters on here, including me but I'm not mad at you. You come off as reasonable, saying whats on your mind with out acting crazy and simply making things up. I have also posted on a bunch of other story's besides this and the HW division.
      I've been a boxing fan for many years, had a subscription to (Flash) & (Boxing update) back in the day, before internet, if your even fimilar with those, been in few gyms over the years as well. I try be unbias but got to call out trash, like that when I read it. You or anybody else can read my past posts. Im not perfect but try to be reasonable.
      Your dealing with a new phenomena. basically a lot here are fans of various promoters. So they treat the promoter as the fighter... I don't quite get it myself, all I know is that King and Arum have been hated as long as I can remember and here comes one of them to screw things up again. I really wish these men would take their golden years and be with family and stop destroying the legacy these fighters need!

When Fury is old and grey hes going to be very sad if him and Wilder have to look at each other and AJ and lament what might have been.

By the way this same group hate the lineal title. Because the lineal belongs to the fans and is based on a wholesome premise> that the best need to fight the best and win to be considered the best. This group wants more governing bodies, like the British Boxing council that is best known for trying to stop one of the best heavyweight matches in years (Chisora Haye), and more promoters to figure out how to create an intractable situation so no great fights get made.

Its a horrible situation...I was just getting comfortable not having heard terrible Bob's name in so long when there the bastard is... doing what he does best.

Be on the lookout for one Robbie the Rat Barrett. He is rumored to write love letters to hearn addressing him as "Tommy Twinkle Toes" and threatening to have a go "on the cobbles" with anyone who does not think Hearn is the second coming og Jesus. He also has a sexual attraction to AJ.
      Last edited by billeau2; 02-22-2019, 08:31 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by hitking View Post
        “Romanticize” is exactly what Wilder’s little haters have done with that Fury fight. Fury fought a good defensive fight. But he did next to nothing offensively. And he only landed at about a 25% rate. If you’re gonna be defensive and economical with your punches. You have to be accurate. And most importantly, you can’t get put on your ass twice in the fight. When you get dropped twice and score no KDs of your own. You basically have to win eight rounds to win the fight. And in a fight where each fighter is basically landing an equal number of shots in each round. It’s kinda hard to definitively win 8-9 rounds, which Fury needed to win the fight.
        Exactly man. Those early rounds were not definite wins for Fury. He was backing up an not throwing anything. Wilder was coming forward and landed some jabs and body shots. He easily won the first 2 rounds based off of activity alone. I am/was a fan of them both and applauded Fury for stepping up to the challenge, but the consensus before the fight was Fury on points or Wilder by K.O.

Because Fury controversially made it to the last bell, folks felt he won. Officially of course he didn't and I am all for a rematch. I just think Wilder took something out of that man during the 12th round. You know how they say the first round in a rematch is round 13? Based off of round 12, I think they are worried.

Comment

• Fury's Dubious Decision & Why Wilder Won't Accept Arum's Offer
          "Dubious?"

What made it dubious? I'm confused.

Fury doesn't owe Wilder anything, imho.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
            What's the wager?
            Lets say £100 pouns shall we ?

Comment

Wilder-Ortiz drew 1.3m, was a great fight, Wilder-Fury drew 325k+ on US PPV (public report if the projection plus what Showtime sold direct to consumer), Ortiz is on track to have flattened his 3 opponents since, and the rematch is still a great matchup.

Doubt if you want
              ortiz is a non draw but you keep believing it won't even do 100k plus wilder could very well lose. that's pie in the sky non sense you pond scum.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jax teller View Post
                At the end of the day Ortiz chose to fight Wilder, it would be factually incorrect to say AJ avoided him regardless of agenda this topic has been covered extensively. I believe IBF announced Pulev/Takam mando before AJ even had the WBA, who Ortiz was mando for.
                Joshua had the IBF title before the WBA title and was granted the exemption to fight for the WBA super title against Klitschko instead of the mandatory.

Ortiz chose to sign with Haymon first (March 2017), then claimed a thumb injury when it was time for him to get tested. He was supposed to fight in April of that year but backed out due to that scheduled test.

These people continue to spread the myth of Luis Ortiz.

Comment

• I have read all the comments to this point .......deontayduckus wilderquackus and the wilderettes dont wanna see Whyte vs deontayduckus.....nor does the WeBeCorrupt

Comment

The Ortiz rematch is a PPV, as are the Fury rematch and the Joshua fight.

Wilder puts together 2-3 profitable PPVs in a row and Deontay Wilder stands as a PPV fighter.

Fury on SHOPPV, Breazeale on Showtime (possibly CBS), Ortiz2 on SHOPPV. If Fury and Joshua still want to BS, The Deontay Wilder Show goes back to Brooklyn to fight Adam Kownacki or Joe Joyce.
                    The Ortiz rematch is PPV ? How many PPV's has Ortiz generated ? no one even knows Ortiz outside Barclays like Wilder to generate significant numbers. Ortiz will be a PPV next but that's because he will fight Joshua most likely. how old will you guys claim he is then? Ha

You talk as if Wilders going to snatch up PPVs now when he has only Fury available for that. He's not very bright if he doesn't take the ESPN deal and fight on the App.

Joyce and Kownacki aren't PPV either. Wilder wont even see Joyce because that cant happen until 2021. you guys really need to calculate time frames and consider the fact he may not be the champion ,that's a long way for him to avoid guys..

Comment

• Originally posted by SchoolTheseCats View Post
                      Well for all the people that kept saying the five fight deal offered to wilder to have to fury rematch espn just reported it also
                      I think Arums words have more impact and legitamacy, a report isn't a fact its announcing news that's spread. ESPN isn't in negotiations that's the network. Arum is, in no way did he say Wilder must sign a 5 fight deal to fight fury ,you guys are spreading lies. Ha

Comment

Working...
                      X