Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Fury's Dubious Decision & Why Wilder Won't Accept Arum's Offer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by leeroy84 View Post
    "I'll assess their positions, understand the situation, and from there we'll determine the steps to take," Sulaiman added.

"A purse bid's possible. It's their willingness to participate in the bout (that's important); then we'll make a ruling. They might ask for additional time.

"Whenever a fight's been ordered by an organisation it's most likely to happen. - WBC Prez

Does anyone think the WBC will do anything about this?? I mean, they came out and said the fight is "owed to the fans"... If Wilder flatly refuses, are the WBC just going to renege on any purse bids and keep him champion???... that would look awful after what they've said, i don't put it past them though
    I get what you are saying...but Wilder isn't the only factor here. The most important factor is Fury, who is under no obligation to subject himself to a purse bid. Recall, Bob has already stated that he doesn't want the fight next. So if they are committed to an interim fight, why then would the WBC continue with the purse bid?

Comment

• Writers always mention the booze, the coke, and the depression, but rarely do I see the anabolic steroid use mentioned.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
        I get what you are saying...but Wilder isn't the only factor here. The most important factor is Fury, who is under no obligation to subject himself to a purse bid. Recall, Bob has already stated that he doesn't want the fight next. So if they are committed to an interim fight, why then would the WBC continue with the purse bid?
        That's true, there's a few to blame for the mess... I just like to think it can be worked out and personally I think the one who's most likely to lose and never get the chance of this level of payday again is Wilder. He's spoken so much big talk and usually gets through by the skin of his teeth or worse (see Fury I)

What the WBC do is crucial and after Sulaiman's statement the other day saying the fighters "owe it to the fans", you would think the pressure would be immense .. But will they enforce?? I'm not certain at all now but i think raising the purse rate for fury to 40% is telling

Comment

• Originally posted by REDEEMER View Post
          Wilder won't be doing any PPVs. Delusional!
          The Ortiz rematch is a PPV, as are the Fury rematch and the Joshua fight.

Wilder puts together 2-3 profitable PPVs in a row and Deontay Wilder stands as a PPV fighter.

Fury on SHOPPV, Breazeale on Showtime (possibly CBS), Ortiz2 on SHOPPV. If Fury and Joshua still want to BS, The Deontay Wilder Show goes back to Brooklyn to fight Adam Kownacki or Joe Joyce.

Comment

• Originally posted by R_Walken View Post
            Yeah Fury definitely never really ever wanted a rematch. That KD in the 12th shook him to the core and probably took his confidence. for a fight he thought he easily won his actions say something completely different and at best could be looked at
            As won the battle but lost the war . Even if you feel Tyson won the first fight with ease Blatantly Dodging a rematch has to drop him down in the HW ranking to #3

Him swerving the rematch for 50/50 in a fight you’d assume would be financialy bigger then the first and a For the winner to leave himself without doubt one of the last 2 HWs left standing for the crown , and instead Fury chose to go and fight on ESPN for what Id assume is A string of shallow pool of 2nd tier HWs for a couple years can’t be praised Or looked At positively.

Arum looking to lock Wilder up for 5 fights have him fight on ESPN +’next and not
            Even guarantee a Fury fight after just stating it be somewhere in the 5 fights is joke and even think that offer would / will be accepted

As a boxing fan Cant really be surprised by what’s happend in the last couple days.
            But as a Fury fan and I still am the moves he’s made can’t be looked at as positive for fans or the sport . Props to Fury for getting
            Paid but Disappointed About how his decision to join TR has negatively effected every aspect of the the HW division
            Very well said! My view of Fury had risen tremendously over the last 6 months and we could start to makeout how the HW landscape could lead to only 1 Champ and now this has screwed it all up. Very shady dealings to appear to fight for an immediate rematch and about to receive it at 50/50 with the Champ and then tuck tail and run behind a wall of Arum and his B.S. tactics. It is shameful to try to put this on Wilder and act like this was a honorable move by Tyson. Why not take the fight first and then sign with Arum?

Fear and Doubt are the reason.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
              Wilder's not signing a five fight deal with ESPN, full stop. Just like Wilder wasn't going to give DAZN 2-3 fights for Joshua.

Keep ignoring that simple reality if you want.
              Wilder can always fall back on a fight with the "REAL" Bermane Stiverne.

It's a big draw

Comment

• Originally posted by MELLOMAN007 View Post
                Very well said! My view of Fury had risen tremendously over the last 6 months and we could start to makeout how the HW landscape could lead to only 1 Champ and now this has screwed it all up. Very shady dealings to appear to fight for an immediate rematch and about to receive it at 50/50 with the Champ and then tuck tail and run behind a wall of Arum and his B.S. tactics. It is shameful to try to put this on Wilder and act like this was a honorable move by Tyson. Why not take the fight first and then sign with Arum?

Fear and Doubt are the reason.
                Why would Fury be fearful? We all saw Fury make Wilder look stupid for 12 rounds.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
                  The Ortiz rematch is a PPV, as are the Fury rematch and the Joshua fight.

Wilder puts together 2-3 profitable PPVs in a row and Deontay Wilder stands as a PPV fighter.

Fury on SHOPPV, Breazeale on Showtime (possibly CBS), Ortiz2 on SHOPPV. If Fury and Joshua still want to BS, The Deontay Wilder Show goes back to Brooklyn to fight Adam Kownacki or Joe Joyce.
                  Doing too much assuming. Ortiz on his beat day is not a 200,000 PPV draw

Comment

• Originally posted by leeroy84 View Post
                    That's true, there's a few to blame for the mess... I just like to think it can be worked out and personally I think the one who's most likely to lose and never get the chance of this level of payday again is Wilder. He's spoken so much big talk and usually gets through by the skin of his teeth or worse (see Fury I)

What the WBC do is crucial and after Sulaiman's statement the other day saying the fighters "owe it to the fans", you would think the pressure would be immense .. But will they enforce?? I'm not certain at all now but i think raising the purse rate for fury to 40% is telling
                    Fury is not accepting 40% and he doesn't need the WBC or their belt.

Comment

• Originally posted by factsarenice View Post
                      Fury is not accepting 40% and he doesn't need the WBC or their belt.
                      Absolutely!

Comment

Working...
                      X