Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Fury's Dubious Decision & Why Wilder Won't Accept Arum's Offer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
    Why the **** would Wilder give Bob Arum his next five fights, at any price?

Answer that before you start spinning, lol.
    The price was 4 million.How much did he fight Ortiz for? 2.1

Comment

• Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
      I am not getting misled in any way. Go back and read what I said. I never said Arum can't send another offer. But the offer Arum DID send is a five fight contract.

What do you mean by "misleading you guys like that's the only choice Wilder has to fight Fury"? What's that mean?
      That's an optional offer, so yes you are being mislead. The article makes it out as that's his only option to fight Wilder. Wilder fans like being mislead so have at it. Ha

Comment

I am not getting misled in any way. Go back and read what I said. I never said Arum can't send another offer. But the offer Arum DID send is a five fight contract.

What do you mean by "misleading you guys like that's the only choice Wilder has to fight Fury"? What's that mean?
        Who said its five fights mate? Ive been looking for another source and all i can find is this website and youtubers (quoting this site)??

Also, the article says Arum "didnt mention..."
        Last edited by leeroy84; 02-22-2019, 01:41 PM.

Comment

• Fury took less dangerous path....

Fury family didn't want him to take the rematch because even they believe it might not end well. Fury heading their warning signed with Arum. This gives Fury cover as lineal champion, undefeated fighter and someone who fought Wilder in which some believe won although I must note others believe Wilder won, and some believe it was a draw. At any rate we have 3 undefeated champions all fighting on opposite networks and the winners will be the Whytes, Ortizes, Millers of the world because they'll be opponents and can go with the highest offer of all 3 networks.

Comment

• Originally posted by REDEEMER View Post
            That's an optional offer, so yes you are being mislead. The article makes it out as that's his only option to fight Wilder. Wilder fans like being mislead so have at it. Ha
            "that's his only option to fight Wilder" huh? What are we talking about here now? Actually, what are you trying to say here?

Are you saying Wilder has received multiple offers and this is only one of them?

Comment

• Originally posted by leeroy84 View Post
              Who said its five fights mate? Ive been looking for another source and all i can find is this website and youtubers (quoting this site)??

Also, the article says Arum "didnt mention..."
              From the article this thread is about:

Arum told BoxingScene.com and other outlets this week that Top Rank wants Wilder-Fury next. What the Hall-of-Fame promoter didn’t mention is that the accompanying contract his company offered Wilder on Wednesday is for five fights.
              BoxingScene.com has been informed that the first fight of that proposed deal for Wilder would require him to fight someone other than Fury on ESPN+, the streaming service Arum’s company is helping ESPN push. Wilder would be paid handsomely to fight an undetermined opponent next on ESPN+ because Top Rank’s budget for fights on ESPN+ is bigger than its budget for fights on ESPN.

Comment

From the article this thread is about:
                Yeh thats it.... Im struggling to find an article about the 5 fights for deontay that isnt sourced from this site, and i just cant find any

The Article says Arum "didnt mention" it, and then with the obvious Boxingscene/CBS/Shotime link just makes me wary of it being fake news :-)
                Last edited by leeroy84; 02-22-2019, 01:53 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jax teller View Post
                  So historically AJ never avoided Ortiz that is non-negotiable, if you disagree you are ignoring the facts and simply incorrect.

He said it on the Breakfast Club yesterday.

Whyte wanted more than a 50-50 split in rematch and believed he could get it further down the line so he's waiting but sure lets blame AJ completely.

Who was available? He already KO'd Whyte which is also not happening for the above reason and Ortiz (who only appeared after Miller was as good as a done deal) is fighting Hammer, you can't expect AJ to risk the fight not happening because of a potential upset as can happen in this division.

You said Wilder had to fight Ortiz as if AJ should have done it instead.

Povetkin was regarded as top 3, Parker was regarded top 3 and Wlad was top 3 and even no.1 by ring, all until AJ beat them.

Also Fury was not regarded top 3 by anyone at the time with most saying he wasn't ready including his own fans, are you saying Wilder believed in Fury more than his own fans because that would be very strange? It will go down as cherry pick gone wrong in the history books and a props to Fury proving everyone wrong.

You can blame Wilder for putting all his eggs in one basket and not considering AJ in the name of "freezing him out", saying you're gonna freeze someone out is a down point in anyones career.

If he doesn't fight Fury next and doesn't take Whyte/Ortiz I hope your just as critical since there is no one else thats bettter than Miller level that he could fight.
                  1) Ortiz for one. Ortiz is fighting in two weeks. Ortiz said he can fight every other week if need be and open to fighting anybody, so that leaves 3mo. What was stopping AJ from doing Ortiz fight instead of Miller? Nothing. Miller easier fight.
                  2) AJ himself said there was a rematch clause if Whyte won the rematch. Right? Why dint they force a rematch Clause for Miller? Cuz there not worried about Miller winning are they? There worried about Whyte winning. So they forced a 50% 50% split if he wins cuz there greedy, not if he loses. Champ gets 60% 40% spilt. So not a fair contract is it? Also I was pointing out how Wilder has stepped up his competition over his last couple of fights because you or someone pointed out that Wilder needs to step it up and not have AJ do all the work (lol) i.e. being Critical of Wilder after he fought Ortiz and Fury back to back. So I made the point. Now your twisting it up saying I'm being critical of AJ cuz I made the point. I never said AJ hasn't fought a top #3 fighter did I? Please, If you feel Miller is the best choice your entitled to your opinion. At least you bring a thought out argument to the table even if it has a few holes in it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                    Why would Wilder accept 4m dollars? He would look like a mug after calling higher offers slave wages. I actually feel sorry for him in that sense. He was expecting the Fury rematch which would have probably made him 20m dollars if it sold well, and now you offering him an interim fight for 4m dollars? Didn't he get a better offer to fight Whyte 18 months or so ago?

Arum should offer him something better for the interim fight, unless they knew the offer wasn't far off what he made from the fury fight. Because there is no way you can offer someone 4m dollars if he made what his fans believe was 14 to 20m in his last fight.
                    **** Bob Arum and his company.

Wilder is now likely to fight Dominic Breazeale on that May date (won't be PPV, but Showtime or FOX will gladly carry the fight, ITV will feature the fight in the UK, and it'll likely head to Wilder's 18k-seat venue in Birmingham or stay in Brooklyn tbh), with Wilder likely on a 80/20 share and owning a significant piece of the show.

Wilder wins that fight, and his camp likely goes into talks with Joshua; if Joshua is still on that bull**** (fight has to be in the UK, fight has to be on DAZN in the US, etc), Wilder moves on to his second PPV (likely an Ortiz rematch at this point).

If Joshua and Fury are still bull****ting after that, Wilder builds to a possible Spring 2020 PPV against Kownacki/Joyce (or whomever emerges).

85/15 share and ownership of your own pie, isn't a bad way to live a life, especially as you're breaking out on PPV.

Comment

• Originally posted by leeroy84 View Post
                      Yeh thats it.... Im struggling to find an article about the 5 fights for deontay that isnt sourced from this site, and i just cant find any

Article says Arum didnt mention and then obvious Boxingscene/CBS/Shotime link just makes me wary of it being fake news :-)
                      I mean if you want to disqualify Idec's reporting because boxingscene is owned by CBS, that's your choice.

But Idec has been rock solid for years. Btw, he even said on Mannix's podcast a few days ago that he still expects the rematch to happen and said even if it has to take place on ESPN.

Comment

Working...
                      X