No announcement yet.

"Depends on my promoter Bob Arum"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by filup79 View Post
    JUst like Fury is free to fight on any network. He isn't exclusive to ESPN, just like Loma and Crawford aint. All those fighters are free to fight on any network as well. However, both PBC and TR have exclusive deals with networks and both have to provide fights. Those networks want the marquee fighters to fight on their network. Arum will never allow any of his named fighters to fight off ESPN. He says he works with other promoters but in reality he's just forcing all these other promoters to have their fighters fight on ESPN. It's easy for lower tier guys to say yes but when its top fighters that are backed by a network, they ain't just going to allow Arum to dictate everything and get options.
    Fury is signed to ESPN haven't you been reading the news FFS. Wilder isn't signed to a promoter or a network. He's a free agent, he can do whatever the **** he wants.

Comment

Originally posted by dannnnn View Post
      Garcia and Spence are both with Haymon though, no? When have Top Rank ever let their fighters decide who they're gonna fight? Not every promotional company runs their business the same way. I don't think any Top Rank fighter has a "big say" in who they're fighting next, unless you can point one out?
      I can’t think of one now
      BUt every fighter has a say
      That I can guarantee
      They just hide behind the promoters when theirs public outcry

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
        Fury is signed to ESPN haven't you been reading the news FFS. Wilder isn't signed to a promoter or a network. He's a free agent, he can do whatever the **** he wants.
        Fury I saw not signed by ESPN
        His promoter has ties to the network not him

Comment

Originally posted by MulaKO View Post
          I can’t think of one now
          BUt every fighter has a say
          That I can guarantee
          They just hide behind the promoters when theirs public outcry
          these guys, especially a guy like crawford, should have put a buyout clause in his new deal.....the way floyd had one.....when floyd said he wanted an oscar fight and bob said " no ill lose money it doesnt make sense for me"....floyd bought that b1tch out and got it done his way....

most of these guys should have a buyout clause...even if its a pricey one...floyds was only like 750k....but these guys should be able to buy their freedom if they are unhappy with the fights

but most of them arent...when arum is feeding them 3 mil to fight guys they know they should beat why cry? thats why golovkin had no problem taking his 2 mil checks to fight guys like stevens who had lost to D level fighters like brinkley and primera

Comment

Originally posted by MulaKO View Post
            Fury I saw not signed by ESPN
            His promoter has ties to the network not him
            The 80 mil ESPN deal is for Fury specifically. Same as Canelo being signed to DAZN.

Comment

Originally posted by bballchump11 View Post
              Fury is losing support fast. What a complete turnaround from last year.
              He's losing support from people who were never really his fans in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by todisday View Post
                Welp, it's official: Everyone's ducking Wilder until his prime is over in a year or two. Pacquiao-Mayweather all over again.
                Arum just sent him an offer to fight Fury and AJ was "begging" to fight him, according to Deontay.
                Last edited by kafkod; 02-20-2019, 08:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                  Luckily for us Wilder is free to fight who he wants on any network. A fight on ESPN shouldn't be a problem. He should be accepting that Arum offer any day now.
                  lol. Except Fury just said he don't even give a shiiit. Fury knows the gameplan is at least 2 fights before a rematch. Nobody signs a fighter to that kind of money one day and then sign him to a fight to get ktfo the next day.

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
                    people tend to forget, or dont want to admit, what arum did to floyd

jerked him around in public pretending to negotiate but never really wanting the fight....it caused dan rafael, who had always championed pac, to even blame arum...and of course the famous "99 arum excuses" article

arum was so awful during that time floyd finally said "fock it...dont care im done with them dudes".....it worked

hearn seemed to try a similar tactic over the last year with wilder.....i wonder if bob will do the same trick again
                    arum also paid off the judges for the 1st castillo fight

Comment

Originally posted by SA96 View Post
                      Why does Fury have to prove anything?

He's the lineal champion. All roads lead to him.
                      He's the one who ended up on his back listening to numbers, LoL! I know ... scorecards, rounds, etc.

In a real fight those knockdowns would be what everyone watching would remember, not all the dancing and prancing.

A real Lineal Champ would want to set the record straight, not be remembered as "lucky he got up".

Comment

Working...
                      X