Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lets get it straight, Fury didn't duck or owe Wilder a damn thing.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In this sport fighters need to to do whats best for themselves so can’t knock Fury for taking a big cheque

But anyone trying to convince themselves that while in negotiations for a highly anticipated rematch you enter into secret negotiations and accept terms with a different platform and essentially kill the rematch because so far there is no evidence of the 3 platforms working together to make figjts

Has to accept the Fact that Fury didn’t really want the rematch. You can make your own conclusions why that’d be.

For me Fury didn’t want to possibility of getting clipped in the rematch and not get up .
    Much easier to be on a the 3rd platform , all 3 HWs different islands , Beat his chest that he’s the #1 HW build his profile on ESPN in the States fighting 2&3rd tiers and if the fights happen with either AJ / Wilder because he relays on his excellent boxing IQ and Boxing Skills the longer it takes to make only make it more advantageous to Fury

Comment

Originally posted by makaveli1875 View Post
      I want to see Wilder fight Fury and Joshua , no bull**** , no excuses just fight them

Id rather see him fight Joshua but theres a demand for the Fury rematch so was happy with either
      That is the correct attitude.

I will take you off the list of flippers and floppers.
      Last edited by Jax teller; 02-19-2019, 06:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jax teller View Post
        It's worse as they let the AJ offer time out for Wilder, it nearly looks intentional announcing this deal a couple days after the AJ fight was announced. An attempt to weaken Wilder/Haymons position and forced AJ v Miller.
        Yep it’s just not a great look at all. You could have said you are not interested in doing the rematch. And maybe down the line we can have a look at the fight, at least Wilder would know he needs to move on to another fight in that time.

Am still hoping the fight can come off though.

Comment

Im glad the fight isnt happening. Im fed up of manufactured trilogies and rematches because the rightful winner got robbed and they have to 'put the record straight', they usually get jobbed again. **** wilder and his crybaby 'fans' who have now reappeared after deserting him after the first fight, who are resuming the 'everyone ducking wikder' talk even tho fury fought him before he even was pressured too and made him look a novice.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
            It's a mandated fight though right? So it's possible they do a final purse bid and Top Rank wins? That would be interesting. Would Wilder go to ESPN or vacate?
            Exactly! Surely now the WBC should let this go to purse bid. They gave them an extension and Frank Warren said there would be an announcement today but it was the wrong announcement! Surely that is enough for the WBC to say 'enough is enough'.

Isn't this the same situation with Povetkin for AJ last year!?

Comment

Originally posted by R_Walken View Post
              In this sport fighters need to to do whats best for themselves so can’t knock Fury for taking a big cheque

But anyone trying to convince themselves that while in negotiations for a highly anticipated rematch you enter into secret negotiations and accept terms with a different platform and essentially kill the rematch because so far there is no evidence of the 3 platforms working together to make figjts

Has to accept the Fact that Fury didn’t really want the rematch. You can make your own conclusions why that’d be.

For me Fury didn’t want to possibility of getting clipped in the rematch and not get up .
              Much easier to be on a the 3rd platform , all 3 HWs different islands , Beat his chest that he’s the #1 HW build his profile on ESPN in the States fighting 2&3rd tiers and if the fights happen with either AJ / Wilder because he relays on his excellent boxing IQ and Boxing Skills the longer it takes to make only make it more advantageous to Fury
              I agree totally with what you are saying. Good for Fury to get a deal like that. Good coin for him and family.

I'd like to clear up whether the WBC did in regards to ordering the fight to happen or whether they just sanctioned it, I can't remember.

I'd be over the moon for a rematch to be announced despite the speculation after Fury's announcement but would be equally as happy to see DAZN wade in and win a purse bid for it. That would really kick the hornets nest.

Fury needs the WBC or one of AJ's to get consistent top fights though. Like it or not, Joshua has had a lot of consistency and expectation in his career since beating Martin. If Fury did what Joshua has done, beats Wilder, takes the WBC and then takes on Whyte or Breazeale as mandatory, Ortiz and all of the other top 10 WBC fighters, he will be head and shoulders above the rest - except Joshua possibly.

Comment

Originally posted by SeGoodland View Post
                I agree totally with what you are saying. Good for Fury to get a deal like that. Good coin for him and family.

I'd like to clear up whether the WBC did in regards to ordering the fight to happen or whether they just sanctioned it, I can't remember.

I'd be over the moon for a rematch to be announced despite the speculation after Fury's announcement but would be equally as happy to see DAZN wade in and win a purse bid for it. That would really kick the hornets nest.

Fury needs the WBC or one of AJ's to get consistent top fights though. Like it or not, Joshua has had a lot of consistency and expectation in his career since beating Martin. If Fury did what Joshua has done, beats Wilder, takes the WBC and then takes on Whyte or Breazeale as mandatory, Ortiz and all of the other top 10 WBC fighters, he will be head and shoulders above the rest - except Joshua possibly.
                With Fury on Espn The purse bid probably never happens and they’ll pull out of WBC ; I can’t see a rematch happening anytime soon. The top 3 HWs have all aligned with the 3 different US platforms and they don’t seem to share talent , this likely is no different . Wouldn’t be a suprise if None of them fought each other the next year or 2 with each claiming to be the man.

That will most likely have AJ / Wilder /Fury probably beating down the remaining 2nd and 3rd tier guys

AJ has overall the best resume of the 3 and probably the better possible fights in the future with Whyte and Usyk on his street

Wilder only really has Ortiz , Breazeale, Kowanaki and maybe Whyte if he goes WBC route

And I honestly can’t even think of any
                Decent names onFurys platform that make even a half decent fight with

from the looks of it Fury is getting not only the Warren but now also the Arum influence at the WBO because someone just posted a thread andna like magic Fury is now #4 who wasn’t rated last month and with Whyte probably going the WBC route and Miller dropping if/when he loses he’s just like that will be right in position the become the Mando against Tom Shwarts and get a mandated AJ fight or have AJ vacate the belt to him l.Like they don’t even try and hide the influencial probably corrupt f.uckery that these guys pull or maybe I’m cynical Of the sport with the odds of it happening today along with Saunders fighting for a strap is just a coincidence and all above board

Overall great day for Fury and his bank account but as usual and to be expected sh.itty for fans of the sport

Comment

wilder da champ still doe. fury not.

Comment

I picked Bomber but scored the fight for Gypsy...and if they don’t run it back next it’s Gypsy who gets the blame and the duck suit

Comment

Damn straight! Finally some SENSE on here!

I used to like wilder and his fans but now I’m seeing through them with all this ‘blame Tyson fury’ BS!

Fury went to his backyard whilst he was fat and gave him a whooping already! Why would a FIT in shape Tyson fury be scared of wilder

Comment

Working...
                      X