Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Marvin Hagler Praises Golovkin, Slams Boxing's Title Confusion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by McNulty View Post
    Shucks, I mean wow - beating a 25-2 Caveman Lee (real name) when you was 52-2-2 and then when you put that whippin a 30-0 homegrown no-name Obelmejias when you was 54-2-2! That's fo' real!

For all y'all that forgot about that 20-1 Hamani when you were 46-2 or was it that 50-15 Marcos 'Mo Cushion for the Pushin' Geraldo that lost to everybody and their mother?? They was beast doe!

No no wait, I know -- it was when you beat that 10-5 kid Jamie Thomas when you were 44-2-1!!!

That my friends, that was the hard road. Tell these kids how it was Marvin!!!
    He wasn’t handed a title and only got a shot after like his 40 something fights.

Also boxers fought better comp more often

Comment

Real recognizes real.

Hagler just knocked out the whole crew of degenerate GGG haters.

Comment

Originally posted by NachoMan View Post
        I don't need a Youtube refresher on Fernando Vargas' career. I saw it and remember it well. He was good, but nowhere near great. You should change your avi to Hagler or GGG, dummy.
        When GGG gets wins over talent the caliber of a prime Winky Wright and Ike Quartey I'll consider that, moron.

Don't tell me what you need. You clearly know very little about this sport. I'll decide what you need, idiot.

Comment

Good words from the Marvelous one. Glad to see him helping kids. And yes! Way too many belts out there now and someone thinking Tyson is champ would not surprise me. Haha.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing1013 View Post
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhUGbzsx0S8

How can anyone watch someone like Monzon and say he would have a chance against GGG. You can argue about ATG should be relative to status in their era, but even then GGG would rank very highly in the MW ranks.

As far as overall talent, athletes are just getting bigger and stronger. GGG would have eviscerated someone like Monzon and almost every other past MW champ. Hagler, these comments notwithstanding, would have been a problem for anyone. If you could box and move you could trouble him but if you tried to go to war with Hagler, well then RIP. Him and GGG going to war would have been a hell of a fight to watch.

a truly horrible post

ATG consideration comes down to one thing.....

WHO did you beat, with consideration given to when/how

nothing more

who did Golovkin beat ?

why do you even have the nerve, let alone the lack of boxing knowledge, to insinuate that a guy without a career-defining win is somehow an All Time Great?

not being aware how to score a fight is not your only boxing shortcoming lol

Comment

Originally posted by Outlaw420 View Post
              Bronze,silver,gold,diamond,regular,super....etc

https://www.totalsportek.com/boxing/...ere-in-boxing/

"6000 boxing belts worldwide: one of the biggest boxing statistics site called “boxrec” has produced a list of titles and they calculated around 350 little known titles at different levels of boxing pyramid alongside 4 major titles in every division, now there are around 17 weight classes and multiply 350 to 17 and you get around 6000 belts floating around the world of boxing from lower levels to elite level of boxing."

Good lord. Yeah. I think that's a about 5990 too many.

Comment

Originally posted by A-Wolf View Post
                When GGG gets wins over talent the caliber of a prime Winky Wright and Ike Quartey I'll consider that, moron.

Don't tell me what you need. You clearly know very little about this sport. I'll decide what you need, idiot.

that is exactly right

there are talk'ers and there are do'ers.....

GGG and his bunch of merry-men..... are just talkers

Golovkin had to take the fights that he avoided if he wanted to be mentioned for ATG consideration..... and we ALL told the G-strings that back when G was tip-toeing through the tulips

Comment

People still thinking G avoided fights back in his prime...

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing1013 View Post
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhUGbzsx0S8

How can anyone watch someone like Monzon and say he would have a chance against GGG. You can argue about ATG should be relative to status in their era, but even then GGG would rank very highly in the MW ranks.

As far as overall talent, athletes are just getting bigger and stronger. GGG would have eviscerated someone like Monzon and almost every other past MW champ. Hagler, these comments notwithstanding, would have been a problem for anyone. If you could box and move you could trouble him but if you tried to go to war with Hagler, well then RIP. Him and GGG going to war would have been a hell of a fight to watch.
                    Stopped reading after you said Monzon would have no chance against Golovkin. You clearly don't know what you're talking about.

Comment

Well said. McNulty’s words are self evident; his timelines are skewed, he intentionally omitted facts, and his insults were childish and unoriginal. You are 💯🎯; he’s holding some kind of personal grudge. He supported arguments with inaccurate facts; the excuse that frequently changing titleholders and two losses were the cause of Hagler’s delayed title shot; WRONG. The revolving-door 160 lb crowns-more specifically whose hands they kept transitioning through- was the very evidence McNulty claims is non-existent. Hagler avenged-twice-the only legitimate blemish (vs Willie Monroe) a good 3 years prior to his overdue title shot. The draw, against Sugar Ray Seales, happened in ‘74, with no title shot implications for either man, as neither were top 10 ranked at the time. BTW; by the start of ‘78, Hagler was the #1 contender; despite no losses or loss of rank, was passed over for title shots by lower-ranked fighters Hugo Corro, Antefuermo and Minter. As previous champ Rodrigo Valdez had done, Corro ducked Hagler for lesser-ranked opponents. After the controversial draw against Antefuermo, Hagler was denied an immediate rematch as Vito opted for 3rd ranked Minter. Hagler avenged his final blemish by KOing Watts. As for the men he beat during the WBA/WBC lockout; Finnegan, Geraldo, Hamani, Briscoe and Colbert(#1 contender & unbeaten) were all top-ten ranked. Lastly- Mugabi. Mugabi wasn’t some blown-up jr middleweight; he fought at both 160 and 154 with equal effect prior to the Hagler fight.Smaller opponent? WRONG. Hagler had 1 inch advantage in both height & reach. Identical weight. Mugabi had thicker arms, legs and torso. About those four names mentioned as better choices instead of Mugabi? All were years away from entering the 160 lb division. Curry was still a WELTERWEIGHT, who was conned into remaining there by Leonard and Mike Trainer (to secretly pave the way for Leonard’s challenge of MMH). Oh, and Mugabi fought Stackhouse over 3 YEARS after the Hagler bout. Completely irrelevant regarding Mugabi’s high ranking in the 80’s. All this coming from my “tiny brain”.Dirty? Nah, this one’s a clean, reached the count of ten, knockout.

Comment

Working...
                      X