Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Errol Spence: Mikey Garcia is Great Boxer, With a High Ring IQ

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boxing1013 View Post
    Are they both under Haymon? Haymon sacrificing Mikey to Spence to get him exposure with the Mexican fan base and try and make Errol a star? I would agree if that's the case

This whole thing was Mikey's idea. Shafer was against it initially so Haymon was probably against it too. Mikey probably had to ask them more than once to make the fight.

I don't see how this fight benefits Spence other than monetarily. Beating Mikey won't gain him much credit from boxing fans. And Mikey isn't risking much either. If he loses he can use the excuse he was outsized and he can go right back to being a champion at 140. I'd much rather see these guys unifying with guys in their own weight class.

Comment

Originally posted by Brooklyn926 View Post
      Yes, that’s exactly what’s happening to play up Errol to the Mexican fans for a bid at Canelo in the coming years if he can clean up the pbc ww’s
      I like Errol I hope he gets some shine. Not sure how he would do against the top guys at 160 but with time I wouldn't be surprised if he can compete at MW. I think he is top 5 pfp right now

Comment

Originally posted by Brooklyn926 View Post
        Mikey gonna have to set traps, disguise his power and walk Spence into something, he does have a great one-two Mikey, but he’ll have to catch Spence with something he don’t see over and over
        I just don't see how he can compete with Spence but we will see...I haven't watched a ton of Mikey but Errol is special...I predict early KO for Errol

Comment

Originally posted by jinx_htx View Post
          This whole thing was Mikey's idea. Shafer was against it initially so Haymon was probably against it too. Mikey probably had to ask them more than once to make the fight.

I don't see how this fight benefits Spence other than monetarily. Beating Mikey won't gain him much credit from boxing fans. And Mikey isn't risking much either. If he loses he can use the excuse he was outsized and he can go right back to being a champion at 140. I'd much rather see these guys unifying with guys in their own weight class.
          I agree with you on that. And yeah I can't really see the rationale for the fight either. Probably a good exposure fight for Spence but I would prefer to see him in against Porter Garcia and definitely Thurman and Crawford. I hate how some of these divisions get loaded up with a little talent at the top but the top guys never fight each other. Happened at JMW the last few years before a few of those guys moved up.

I think it's dangerous for Mikey in the sense that Spence is by far the best and biggest guy he has been in with. Similar to Brook and GGG, he risks taking a beating and injury imo

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing1013 View Post
            I agree with you on that. And yeah I can't really see the rationale for the fight either. Probably a good exposure fight for Spence but I would prefer to see him in against Porter Garcia and definitely Thurman and Crawford. I hate how some of these divisions get loaded up with a little talent at the top but the top guys never fight each other. Happened at JMW the last few years before a few of those guys moved up.

I think it's dangerous for Mikey in the sense that Spence is by far the best and biggest guy he has been in with. Similar to Brook and GGG, he risks taking a beating and injury imo
            I agree. This could get really bad really quick.

Comment

Sweetness34

Mikey never said he was going to KO Spence, it was Mikey's team..

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
                I agree. This could get really bad really quick.
                What's your prediction Tony? I say Spence within 3 rounds. Garcia stays down after the second KD or something like that.

Comment

Iam picking Spence to win but I wouldn’t be surprised if it goes to the cards and I think Mikey is going to do a lot better than a lot of people are predicting . I don’t see a blow out . A late round stoppage of it happens . Mikey is gonna be boxing all night he will not stand toe to toe with Spence .

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTheBoxer View Post
                    Why don`t you fight Chocolatito than, he is even better boxer.
                    Chocolatito is not better than Mikey García, no fuc.king way

Comment

May the better boxer win. That's all I got.

Comment

Working...
                      X