Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Anthony Joshua's Interminable Patience Will Pay Off in The End

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by earl-hickey View Post
    Agree entirely and when this happens I don't want a single one of these Wilder haters jumping bandwagon and I will mercilessly troll them if they try to
    get your book out mate and publish the wilder fanboys so we can all keep a look out for future turncoats...you have that Red k book already publish it nowwwwwwww lol

Comment

Rosenthal best US writer on this site..boy doe’s that kiddy know his boxing :-)

Comment

1 hour run , Lopez boxing , shoulderoll , hitting , kushking , Curt henning , skopedog , marchgianna or whatever his name is...add to list boys

Comment

Rosenthal, more like Rosendick

Comment

This has NOTHING to do with unending patience...it has EVERYTHING to do with ENDING UP where they are due to DUCKING, DODGING & IGNORING the SKINNY threat!! Hearn was backed into a corner due to his GREEDY SCARED RELUCTANCE to have his golden goose potentially shot down......now the 'go ahead' from Master Hearn is in effect because THAR SHE BLOWS!!! The OVERWEIGHT HUGE available punching bag that has fought ONLY Poshua type opponents is there for the taking(!!) - to impress the CLUELESS zombies!! The ZOMBIE writer of this misinformed piece is clearly into the hype...

Comment

I don't believe AJ was left in the cold at all. Wilder's cherry pick backfired in Fury and the rematch was always going to happen so AJ needed another figther. AJ had date and venue for Wilder which was Wilder's previous issue but its alright for Wilder? who made a 50 mill offer(from his own email address) with no date and venue with a 24 hour deadline with "no talk about but just agree terms" besides the 50 mill was for the fight to happen on BTSports but AJ is contracted to Skysports so therefore the fight wouldn't have happened. Surely Team Wilder were aware of this.

Comment

Brilliant writer Rosenthal, true scholar

Comment

Isn't it funny how people praise a writer today and condemned the same writer the following day? Michael Rosenthal has always been a perfect boxing feature writer and analyst and I respect his usually balanced articles. What he has here is his professional views which anyone can choose to swallow or not. That this does not suit Wilder's fanboys does not make him a bad writer

Comment

Not all articles should meet your expectation

Comment

This is pretty much the real story.

The guy who totally turned the HW scene upside down and created this situation that has left AJ out in the cold was Fury. Nobody expected him to have the brass balls to step up after what he'd been thru and take on Wilder. For Wilder to take the fight was a no brainer for him. Big fight and obviously he was going to kick the **** out of a rusty fat Fury. I was at that fight and he got one hell of a surprise. He got away with it barely.

Unlike this writer I suspect Fury has learned more from this than Wilder - he has a MUCH higher boxing IQ. Furthermore he will be in better shape. So I make Fury the odds on favorite. But Wilder does have dynamite and nobody knows that that last round did to Fury's punch resistance. He had a great chin, but now - nobody knows

The interesting thing is why these two are fighting each other now when either of them would make a lot more money fighting AJ immediately. The rematch is a great fight, to be sure, and I want to see it - but why now? I suspect that this may be Wilder's best chance of 2 good paydays. Even if he loses to Fury he is very unlikely to get KOd so people will still give him a real chance against anyone, including AJ, down the road. But if he fights AJ and gets KOd he loses a lot of his aura and marketability.

So people can moan but this is basically smart managers doing a good job for their fighters.
                      Fury outmaneuvered everyone.
                      Wilder got lucky.
                      AJ got left out in the cold.
                      F & W are counting the money before fighting AJ.

Follow the $$$.

Comment

Working...
                      X