Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lacy: "Tarver Doesnt Have The Heart To Fight Me"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As much as I don't like Tarver he makes a good point in that artical when he said "How much did he make for fighting Robin Reid in Florida? Two fights ago he was making $150,000. I'm trying to give you $1.5 million" Lacy has never seen that kind of chulupa he needs to stop being greedy knock taver the **** out and get that money

Comment

Originally posted by run_for_your_effing_life
      As much as I don't like Tarver he makes a good point in that artical when he said "How much did he make for fighting Robin Reid in Florida? Two fights ago he was making $150,000. I'm trying to give you $1.5 million" Lacy has never seen that kind of chulupa he needs to stop being greedy knock taver the **** out and get that money
      But Lacys camp is denying that kind of offer was actually even made.

Comment

Originally posted by RAESAAD
        But they also said they would turn it down if there was no gate split included

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP
          But they also said they would turn it down if there was no gate split included
          Yes I read that Pump.......I don't know what to think like I posted earlier IMO I want him to fight a guy like Joey Spina or something for a tune-up before fighting a guy like Tarver.Tarver is still a very good fighter and I would hate to see lacy lose two in a row although I do think he could pull it out against Tarver.

Comment

I think the 1.5 is a fair offer, but they should split the gate, I mean neither of them have a belt(I don't think), & they're both coming off of shut-out loses.

Comment

antonio tarver beats bernard hopkins 9/10 times..tarver knocks out LACY

Comment

Originally posted by RAESAAD

Oh I must of missed that part. But I really can't stand Tarver I'd whip his ***** ass for free

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP
                  According to a recent report by Anwar S. Richardson of The Tampa Tribune, the proposed October clash between former super middleweight champion Jeff Lacy and former light heavyweight champion Antonio Tarver has hit a few stumbling blocks from making the fight a reality.

Antonio Tarver is claiming that there was an offer of $1.5 million made to Lacy and his promoter Gary Shaw to stage the fight as the main event of an HBO telecast in the St. Pete Times Forum in Flordia. Three problems hit the proposed deal in the last week, it was revealed that Lacy would not be receiving any of the gate revenues, or any of the national and international licensing money. [details]
                  You know, Lacy really shouldn't be talking smack against Tarver...or anybody after that whuppin' Calzaghe laid on him. I think Lacy can beat Tarver; but still....

Both men received first class schoolings from two of the game's preeminate boxers and neither can really talk any smack at the moment...neither have any room...both got schooled royally.

Comment

The luster has definately been taken out of both men recently but if there is a fight out there that gets me fired up this is certainly one of them!

Talk about the definition of an "ALL IN" type fight!

****....both guys and their handlers would have to be very nervous going into this one...if there is a clear cut loser in this fight then that loser is really ****ed....the clear cut loser will never ever see "bigtime" money again(most likely).

I have a feeling that the much older Tarver has a lot more too lose and is probably the one who does not want this fight right out of the gate after and embarrassing (near shutout) loss...from what fight fans know of Jeff Lacy is that he will take any fight any where any time...(Tarver probably would love to make Jones 4 and 5 and then retire on Glenn Johnson 3)

What a great fight where the old adage "winner takes it all and loser takes a fall" could never be more true...

Hey Toney T., Hey Left Hook...you engage is this fight and then get thrashed...guess what...your pretty much ****ed, too the loser: welcome to the world of B-class fighters and B-class money.

Go Left Hook!

Comment

Lacy is one of the "good guys" in boxing, we need more like him. Tarver is a tool. I hope Lacy knocks AnHOnio the F out!

Comment

Working...
                      X