No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Badou Jack To Launch Promotional Company

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by filup79 View Post
    Most of the time they get a flat fee just like GB was getting a flat fee to promote Mayweather fights. Those fighters get their purse in their name and then get a check written out to their promo company from a percentage of the revenue. Been a proven fact when Chavez Jr. posted a pic of his checks. One check to him and one check to his promo company.
    I've never knew or seen Chavez Jr to have his own promotion company.
    So if they all get an extra check for being promoters then why does Al Haymon need TGB, Dibella, and Ringstar??? Why keep them around and pay them to be promoters of Charlo fights and Broner fights if they already promoters themselves??

Comment

Originally posted by Golden Boi 360 View Post
      Doesn't Devin Haney have his own promotional company now? Mikey Garcia too I believe.
      Devin Haney is a real promoter cause he promotes his own fights and Mikey Garcia does have a Small promotion company that he started with his brother Robert. They promote local shows in southern California.
      But I don't consider the Charlos, Spence JR or Adrian Broner to be real promoters. They came up with a bullshet name and called it a promotion company....
      The day they promote a card on their own without a major promoter doing all the legwork for them then that's when they'll be considered real promoters. Till then it's just a name that makes them happy.

Comment

Oscar De La Hoya paved the way for other boxers to turn promoters.

Comment

Originally posted by BigStomps View Post
          LoL, that's exactly the point I'm trying to make! They are copying each other just for the fucc of it!
          Dont be silly. it is so they get a bit more slice of the money pie.

Comment

Originally posted by medium-deek View Post
            Dont be silly. it is so they get a bit more slice of the money pie.
            I'm sure that's the plan but who's doing all the legwork when promoting fights??
            Why do they still have multiple promoters on every PBC event??
            Adrian Broner has had "About Billions promotions" for like 3-4 years now but every fight he has it's promoted by either Dibella promotions or TGB promotions in association with "About Billions Promotions",..... Why??????
            If Broner is really a promoter then why does he need other promoters to help promote an event??
            Isn't that taking money from him????

Comment

Working...
            X