Collapse
No announcement yet.

OFFICIAL! Anthony Joshua vs Jarrell Miller June 1st New York

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm glad that there is an announcement of a fight but I'm pretty disappointed that its Miller. He doesn't deserve a title shot and he has a punchers chance of an upset.

I wouldn't be bothered if Joshua lost because I think it would be good for him to taste a defeat but expected it to be at the hands of Tyson Fury.

Lets hope the rematch and the mandatory fights get announced soon too.

Comment

Like this a lot more than the Whyte rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by SeGoodland View Post
        I'm glad that there is an announcement of a fight but I'm pretty disappointed that its Miller. He doesn't deserve a title shot and he has a punchers chance of an upset.
        You don't think Big Baby is a top ten guy? Top ten guys all seemingly being title shot approved.

I'd agree he's not the most deserving of a title shot, but I feel his ranking, usually in the top 5 or 6 by most indie rankings & pretty much across the board inside the top ten, warrants him being given a title opportunity.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
          You don't think Big Baby is a top ten guy? Top ten guys all seemingly being title shot approved.

I'd agree he's not the most deserving of a title shot, but I feel his ranking, usually in the top 5 or 6 by most indie rankings & pretty much across the board inside the top ten, warrants him being given a title opportunity.
          Yeah, I take it you mean TBRB, The Ring and BoxRec?

I do see him as a top 10 fighter but I guess, if you don't have another certain American fighter available or one who Joshua hasn't already beaten, Miller is a sound alternative.

Fingers crossed that its a fantastic card and overall, a quality event.

Comment

Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post
            I doubt Whyte/Breazeale ends up on there. Theyve surely gotta give something of a UK PPV to Sky.

My prediction would be the 4 main fights being

Joshua/Miller
            Andrade/Saunders
            Farmer/Quigg
            Katie Taylor
            Yeah I think having whyte on the card would really complicate things from a ppv split standpoint. Don’t you mean farmer/Carroll? But yeah that seems like a decent 4 fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Fabes88 View Post
              Yeah I think having whyte on the card would really complicate things from a ppv split standpoint. Don’t you mean farmer/Carroll? But yeah that seems like a decent 4 fights.
              Farmer/Carroll is next month. I could see Farmer coming out again in June rate he fights, seen Farmer/Quigg mentioned before.

Hearn's said there'll be 10 Brits on the card. Mentioned Burns/Beltran 2, Algieri/Coyle, Yafai/Nietes, Taylor/Persoon, Buatsi and Kelly, plus "other world title fights"

Comment

Originally posted by SeGoodland View Post
                Yeah, I take it you mean TBRB, The Ring and BoxRec?
                Yea basically. I think its rare a guy like Big Baby can be a top 5ish guy in other divisions without a signature win yet, but at HW with the lack of depth with proven guys on winning streaks & the even deeper desire for "pretty records" for guys on the way up still it doesn't seem as unusual to me.

I do see him as a top 10 fighter but I guess, if you don't have another certain American fighter available or one who Joshua hasn't already beaten, Miller is a sound alternative.

Fingers crossed that its a fantastic card and overall, a quality event.
                If they try to make this the "big PPV-like" DAZN show they said they'd be making twice a year iirc then I suspect even if this fight falls short it should be a overall quality event & by a mile the best US show Eddie has done thus far.

Hopefully the co-main will be BJS vs Andrade or Whyte vs Breazeale as people are speculating about already along with a solid main card.

Comment

If they try to make this the "big PPV-like" DAZN show they said they'd be making twice a year iirc then I suspect even if this fight falls short it should be a overall quality event & by a mile the best US show Eddie has done thus far.

Hopefully the co-main will be BJS vs Andrade or Whyte vs Breazeale as people are speculating about already along with a solid main card.
                  Come April his US shows will massively improve. Got Rungvisai/Estrada and Roman/Doheny unification on an April card. Usyk and Callum Smith double header in May.

Comment

Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post
                    Come April his US shows will massively improve. Got Rungvisai/Estrada and Roman/Doheny unification on an April card. Usyk and Callum Smith double header in May.
                    Callum is fighting in the US next? Interesting. Who's on the shortlist of opponents for him if you happen to know?

But yea those shows sound better than the ones he's put on.

I still don't know about Usyk being a draw in the US, but you gotta make the effort nevertheless. Loma hasn't even become a serious draw & he's on some fighting in the matrix sh^t up til his last couple fights where he hasn't impressed as much as usual. He is a lil guy doe so maybe fans will respond more to a bigger cat who's almost fighting in the matrix.

I'll obviously enjoy his fights either way doe, but I think making him a box office draw is gonna be difficult.

Comment

Callum is fighting in the US next? Interesting. Who's on the shortlist of opponents for him if you happen to know?

But yea those shows sound better than the ones he's put on.

I still don't know about Usyk being a draw in the US, but you gotta make the effort nevertheless. Loma hasn't even become a serious draw & he's on some fighting in the matrix sh^t up til his last couple fights where he hasn't impressed as much as usual. He is a lil guy doe so maybe fans will respond more to a bigger cat who's almost fighting in the matrix.

I'll obviously enjoy his fights either way doe, but I think making him a box office draw is gonna be difficult.
                      Not sure about Smith opponent, Barrera said hed been offered a big fight at 168, the assumption was it being Smith.

We should see Hearn announcing the summer schedule now Joshua's out of the way. Most the big summer fights are done now, except Wilder/Fury. Usyk/Smith card was talked about for May 18th, highly doubt theyd put it up against Fury/Wilder though. Soon as that gets its date everyone will start making their moves on the rest of the dates.

Comment

Working...
                      X