No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Allowed To Hold Both WBA Belts, Per New Order

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Frankie2Jabs View Post
    The whole article justifies the situation because Mayweather was allowed to hold the 154 belts for 2 years without fighting there until his retirement. This is what the article is detailing.

Mayweather set the blueprint
    Canelo now gets to do everything May did without question?

Comment

Originally posted by Golden Boi 360 View Post
      I thought he just vacated the 168 belt
      He did, but they let him keep it because of futures. Completely corrupt, but he's the darling of Mexico so.

Comment

lmao, Canelo vacated that trinket because he doesn't want to be pressured into fighting at 168, and WBA is like "noooo dont goo Nelo, you can hold our paper belt as long as you want, take all the time you want, just dont go!! "

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
        Yeah, it's called the Cash Cow Privilege

Last edited by lopetego; 02-07-2019, 10:27 PM.

Comment

actually the question is, per the article, why did Mayweather have the WBA and WBC for 2 years at 154 without defending them? this "per New Order" contextualizes Floyd Mayweather.

Remember Thurman complaining about the Regular WBA situation in rotation for Floyd? We all thought that Floyd would pass the torch to Thurman during the establishment of PBC and instead he fought Berto. Lara was waiting for Floyd.

Ironically, Canelo IS THE ACTIVE Fighter. It's rather simple justification by GBP. It makes perfect sense. That's the double standard presented per the article.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie2Jabs View Post
            actually the question is, per the article, why did Mayweather have the WBA and WBC for 2 years at 154 without defending them? this "per New Order" contextualizes Floyd Mayweather.

Remember Thurman complaining about the Regular WBA situation in rotation for Floyd? We all thought that Floyd would pass the torch to Thurman during the establishment of PBC and instead he fought Berto. Lara was waiting for Floyd.

Ironically, Canelo IS THE ACTIVE Fighter. It's rather simple justification by GBP. It makes perfect sense. That's the double standard presented per the article.
            Why are you even quoting me to talk about Mayweather then?? Has nothing to do with what I posted.

oh, wait, 2 months old acct with 600 posts.... never mind. I see what's going on here. Whichever troll you were previously, I'm not interested...
            Last edited by Redd Foxx; 02-07-2019, 10:41 PM.

Comment

It's not even surprising anymore

Comment

Why are you even quoting me to talk about Mayweather then?? Has nothing to do with what I posted.
                Because it’s not a big deal. I’m thinking many people didn’t read the article.

It’s been about 45 days since Canelo has held the WBA Regular 168 belt. The article says Mayweather did not defend his 154 belts in “2 years” 24 months.

So we are comparing a 45 day belt holder vs a 24 month belt holder. The article is a smear campaign against Mayweather. It’s rather obvious

Comment

BNO: Boxing New Order

Comment

I don't like canelo...but it's nice to see that a Mexican rules and controls boxing..

Comment

He is the new cash cow bro and face of boxing so yeah I can see it

Comment

Working...
                      X