Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I will respect GGG and his career IF....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
    jeez dude, stop and take a breath

you crammed all of those excuses into one gigantic sentence

Golovkin didn't even try, refusing to lift his little finger to make a meaningful fight..... even with superstars..... so now, his fans guess that he could have beaten those guys

#underachiever
    Yeah agree that underachiever will leave the sport probably worth a healthy 8 figures and be inducted into the HOF when it’s all said and done . I’m sure almost all fighters wish they could underachieve so badly when they leave the sport

It’s obvious we won’t agree on anything related to this topic , both our opinions are facts as we see them and won’t change. It’s all good though

I’m sure Golovkin like all elite fighters believes they can beat any fighter around their weight class and if their team set up a fight with anyone they think they’d win because that’s all they’ve essentially done since they were amateurs. but I’ll agree his team obviously didn’t take any extreme risks when navigating his career with the end goal a Canelo or similar figjter lotto type paydays , which eventually they got so I guess it worked although probably partly because he was the one actually ducked for years and his team wouldn’t take the risks needed to cement anything more then being the best MW in a extremely weak era when he fought in it. Probably the same way I view the Klits who for me careers lacked the big names needed for a Fighters of their stature and accomplishments

I view boxing as a business first and while top level fighters aren’t scared of no man their team if in the position almost always navigates them to try and max revenue and minimize risk. It’s a career and having fighters running through a non stop gauntlet always looking for the biggest challenge for fighters not established ( while
    Great for fans ) Would
    ends with them having a short career, being broke and probably physically disabled after.

For instance I never really cared that Frampton and LSC both jumped ship from 122 probably to avoid Rigo because both had better financial options and bigger fights available to them at 126 and fighting Rigo years ago would probably resulted in both losing for no $. But they have both carved out great careers and it’s Rigo whos career seems to always be stalled until he had to take a fight with Loma that he really never stood a chance of winning. I’m a fan of all 3 and get why those moves were made and don’t hold it against the fighters . there’s countless incidents like that it’s just part of the sport

Anyways have a good one man

Comment

• to be fair noone called frampton an elite or atg or hof, but 3G, for acheiving the same in the ring as frampton (won 1 title and made 4 defences versus framptons 2 in the ring and 3 defences), gets all three.

Originally posted by R_Walken View Post
      Yeah agree that underachiever will leave the sport probably worth a healthy 8 figures and be inducted into the HOF when it’s all said and done . I’m sure almost all fighters wish they could underachieve so badly when they leave the sport

It’s obvious we won’t agree on anything related to this topic , both our opinions are facts as we see them and won’t change. It’s all good though

I’m sure Golovkin like all elite fighters believes they can beat any fighter around their weight class and if their team set up a fight with anyone they think they’d win because that’s all they’ve essentially done since they were amateurs. but I’ll agree his team obviously didn’t take any extreme risks when navigating his career with the end goal a Canelo or similar figjter lotto type paydays , which eventually they got so I guess it worked although probably partly because he was the one actually ducked for years and his team wouldn’t take the risks needed to cement anything more then being the best MW in a extremely weak era when he fought in it. Probably the same way I view the Klits who for me careers lacked the big names needed for a Fighters of their stature and accomplishments

I view boxing as a business first and while top level fighters aren’t scared of no man their team if in the position almost always navigates them to try and max revenue and minimize risk. It’s a career and having fighters running through a non stop gauntlet always looking for the biggest challenge for fighters not established ( while
      Great for fans ) Would
      ends with them having a short career, being broke and probably physically disabled after.

For instance I never really cared that Frampton and LSC both jumped ship from 122 probably to avoid Rigo because both had better financial options and bigger fights available to them at 126 and fighting Rigo years ago would probably resulted in both losing for no $. But they have both carved out great careers and it’s Rigo whos career seems to always be stalled until he had to take a fight with Loma that he really never stood a chance of winning. I’m a fan of all 3 and get why those moves were made and don’t hold it against the fighters . there’s countless incidents like that it’s just part of the sport

Comment

• Originally posted by R_Walken View Post

Great for fans ) Would

judicious selection because of timing, is one thing..... playing the risk/reward game to death by refusing to fight anyone who poses a threat, is quite another thing entirely

wouldn't it have been easier for Golovkin to fight and beat those mid-level guys, than it is for his fans to run around for the rest of their lives making excuses

if you are happy with the path that Mr Businessman has taken..... which is tip-toeing through the tulips ad nauseum..... then good for you

I expect more from my guys

they ran around for SIX YEARS promising to fight "anyone from 154-168"..... but then they killed THREE HUGE fights over weight..... which is fkn ridiculous and totally laughable

there is only one word for that.....

#underachiever

Comment

• i am unsure GGG gets into hall of fame with just 4 defences of the only title he won in the ring. Thast a pathetic amount for hof.

Comment

Canelo won MORE than 4 rounds in the first fight

Canelo CLEARLY beat Golovkin in the rematch

I want you to say..... openly on this forum so I can quote you..... that Golovkin is a better fighter than Ward or Canelo
            I take you up on that. Golovkin is a better fighter than Canelo and a better fighter than Ward. There is a caveat concerning Ward.. No cheating.. Would he beat Ward. ID say no. Ward is almost as good but bigger. Quite a bit bigger.

Comment

• Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
              I take you up on that. Golovkin is a better fighter than Canelo and a better fighter than Ward. There is a caveat concerning Ward.. No cheating.. Would he beat Ward. ID say no. Ward is almost as good but bigger. Quite a bit bigger.

you are an absolute fkn tool

there is a reason why you were the ONLY person who took up that challenge

you have proven time-and-time again..... that you have no real feel or understanding for this game

a very VERY stupid post..... even by your " standards "

Comment

judicious selection because of timing, is one thing..... playing the risk/reward game to death by refusing to fight anyone who poses a threat, is quite another thing entirely

wouldn't it have been easier for Golovkin to fight and beat those mid-level guys, than it is for his fans to run around for the rest of their lives making excuses

if you are happy with the path that Mr Businessman has taken..... which is tip-toeing through the tulips ad nauseum..... then good for you

I expect more from my guys

they ran around for SIX YEARS promising to fight "anyone from 154-168"..... but then they killed THREE HUGE fights over weight..... which is fkn ridiculous and totally laughable

there is only one word for that.....

#underachiever
                You must think the world of Golovkin and really thought the he was the goods and the greatest MW ever like some of his fans you claim to hate , if you think his career is a underachievement When he pretty much guaranteed to get into the HOF , Probably retire with enough $ to support his kids and Maybe their kids for their life . Came to America at 30 as a unknown foreigner and became one of the sports most popular and marketable fighters in the States.

Yes you say he spent his career not beating the mid level guys , but’s that exactly what he did was beat all the 2nd tier MWs and that’s the 1 knock on him is the lack of the 1st rate MWs or 2nd tier MWs with some cache to their name he fought in his career. but you know but won’t admit those guys in and around his age the Sturms , Sergio’s , Quillens , Lee’s and countless others didn’t want that work so you now magically make the younger newer era of MW fighters that This 36 MW swerved and proof of his bit.chness . When Charlo wasn’t in the division until recently, Saunders a couple years ago was on record saying Golovkin would stomp him out. Devre hadnt even had a professional fight . Exclude Cotto never a real MW . Canelos team thought he was too young and waited and made a special division for him to fight at. These are who he swerved

Yes I’m sure you like almost every other fan of the sport claim fighters as your guy when their a hot commodity but quick to drop them if they stumble in their career or meet your lofty expectations of fighters concerning themselves with legacy and putting that over $ when literally almost no fighter or their team works that way

And your probably right my low standard I have for fighters allows me to consider myself a fan of probably 100 or so active fighters and allows me to be interested in the sport most weeknds because it’s just that a sport for my entertainment, I don’t place these guys on a pedestal and think they should make decisions that other wouldn’t make or care about the expectations I have for them

Again you win , don’t respond I agree Golovkins a ho.e

Don’t lets FACTS get in the way of your emotions

Comment

you are an absolute fkn tool

there is a reason why you were the ONLY person who took up that challenge

you have proven time-and-time again..... that you have no real feel or understanding for this game

a very VERY stupid post..... even by your " standards "
                  And you've proven time and time again you're blind to the faults of fighters you like. It's stupid because you say so. Don't make me laugh..

Comment

• Originally posted by DreamFighter View Post
                    i am unsure GGG gets into hall of fame with just 4 defences of the only title he won in the ring. Thast a pathetic amount for hof.
                    Yes Golovkin wasn’t officially a Champ until he used his jab and rammed it down Lemieuxs throat to a easy W , Unlike Golovkin Lemieux who was definitely deserving of his strap he had you know the vacant one where he beat the mighty N’dam to get it. Legendary

But I don’t believe you believe Golovkin won’t be a HOF like you appear to be behind a screen

If your as confident as you make it seem that Golovkin isnt making the HOF and it isn’t just a empty statement made over the net and want to put some $ on it , let’s see if you would be willing to back your statement with something tangible . Msg me privately and see if we can agree on a time frame that Golovkin has to make it in the HOF after his retirement .Ill bet however much you want up to 25k . I have no problem letting you know who I am and I’m sure we can find someplace agreed upon to hold the funds that will make it legit and give us both piece of mind until it’s time for one of us to cash in

If you think I’m the type who’s BSing and not serious or the type of scumbag that wouldn’t honour a bet even one placed over the Internet with someone I’ve never met or Know go ask Shadow702 if I didn’t pay on a bet that that we agreed on this site which I lost and ask if he got his $ from me the day after the fight with no Bs or games

Are you confident in the statements you make or the type who’ll type something you don’t believe because you don’t actually have to be accountable for them

Comment

• Certain people here really have a very unhealthy obsession with certain fighters. Yes, I know, GGG is exciting, he is amazing and you people love to talk about him. If GGG has such a big impact on your life that you have to write about him day and night, I dont know, how should I call such a behaviour? Secretly in love??

Comment

Working...
                      X