Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kovalev Gets Revenge, Outboxes Eleider Alvarez For WBO Title

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Kovalev Gets Revenge, Outboxes Eleider Alvarez For WBO Title

Their first fight ended with a dramatic knockout that shook up the Atlantic City Boardwalk. The rematch between Eleider "Storm" Alvarez and Sergey "Krusher" Kovalev will bring two of the light heavyweight division's biggest names to The Star.

Alvarez will defend his WBO light heavyweight world title against former unified light heavyweight world champion Kovalev on Saturday, Feb. 2 at Ford Center at The Star in Frisco, Texas, home of the Dallas Cowboys practice facility.

Alvarez (24-0, 12 KOs) scored a come-from-behind knockout against Kovalev on Aug. 4 in a major upset to shake up the division. Kovalev (32-3-1, 28 KOs), who has made nine title defenses across two reigns, will seek to become a three-time world champion and regain his position in boxing's pound-for-pound top ten.

7 p.m. – 10 p.m. — ESPN+ — Undercard Fights

10 p.m. – 12 a.m. — ESPN / ESPN Deportes — Oscar Valdez vs. Carmine Tommasone & Richard Commey vs. Isa Chaniev

12 a.m. — ESPN+ — Eleider Alvarez vs. Sergey Kovalev 2 & Teofimo Lopez vs. Diego Magdaleno

Kovalev: 174 lbs... Alvarez: 174.8 lbs...

Let's do this ladies!

Comment

Are we gonna have an RBR thread for Shobox tonight?

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post

Their first fight ended with a dramatic knockout that shook up the Atlantic City Boardwalk. The rematch between Eleider "Storm" Alvarez and Sergey "Krusher" Kovalev will bring two of the light heavyweight division's biggest names to The Star.

Alvarez will defend his WBO light heavyweight world title against former unified light heavyweight world champion Kovalev on Saturday, Feb. 2 at Ford Center at The Star in Frisco, Texas, home of the Dallas Cowboys practice facility.

Alvarez (24-0, 12 KOs) scored a come-from-behind knockout against Kovalev on Aug. 4 in a major upset to shake up the division. Kovalev (32-3-1, 28 KOs), who has made nine title defenses across two reigns, will seek to become a three-time world champion and regain his position in boxing's pound-for-pound top ten.

7 p.m. – 10 p.m. — ESPN+ — Undercard Fights

10 p.m. – 12 a.m. — ESPN / ESPN Deportes — Oscar Valdez vs. Carmine Tommasone & Richard Commey vs. Isa Chaniev

12 a.m. — ESPN+ — Eleider Alvarez vs. Sergey Kovalev 2 & Teofimo Lopez vs. Diego Magdaleno
        i see you are eager for this one. You forgot to add a poll, though.

Comment

i am looking for footage of the weigh-in but i can't find it.

Comment

Arguably the best card TR has put on ESPN/ESPN+ looking forward to this. Been a Kovalev fan, but think Alvarez gets the KO

Comment

Pay attention to my wife’s cousin Patrick Day fighting on the undercard

Comment

12am to start the co main? Jesus Christ, why??

Comment

Looks like this fight isn't going to be shown in Canada. ESPN site says "This sch!t ain't available in your cvnt-tree! Fvkin dirty cvnts!
                  Grrrrrr Grrrrrr

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
                    12am to start the co main? Jesus Christ, why??
                    Seriously crazy....I'm attending the fight here in Dallas, but Im bringing a pillow with me....11pm Dallas time for the main event is way past an old man's bedtime so I may need to snooze a bit.

Comment

Working...
                    X