Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kovalev Gets Revenge, Outboxes Eleider Alvarez For WBO Title

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Although I never expected Kovalev to turn his career around at this stage - which will be good for the speeding up of unification fights - hopefully - I feel for Alvarez as he was my sentimental favorite.

I'm not sure of all the promotional alliances though I know Kovalev is with Top Rank, as is Gvozdyk, Bivol is with Ryabinsky and his company, Beterbiev seems to have finally settled with PBC, so the next LHW card is a good one featuring Bivol v Smith Jr along with Callum Johnson v Sean Monaghan.

Bivol appears to be the most vocal in wanting unification fights and stays the busiest. The rest are all good quality but I cannot see a situation where an undisputed champ emerges.

Comment

• Just saw the fight, good professional performance.

Comment

• It takes a lot of heart to come back from that kind of defeat at his age in that short amount of time. Kovalev proved that he is an ATG LHW and he's not done yet. It was a great performance.

Comment

• Alvarez definitely overestimated Kovalev! Alvarez looked soft, and he was definitely gassed by the 9th! Kov looked like he was in much better shape! I don't think he's ready for Gvozdyk or Browne, but he might get Beterbiev! Salute to Buddy McGirt! Good job!

Comment

• Originally posted by P4Pdunny View Post
            Just saw the fight, good professional performance.
            .. when you address good professional performance. do you mean clean professional performance or dirty professional performance... there are some differences here, you know...

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
              Alvarez definitely overestimated Kovalev! Alvarez looked soft, and he was definitely gassed by the 9th! Kov looked like he was in much better shape! I don't think he's ready for Gvozdyk or Browne, but he might get Beterbiev! Salute to Buddy McGirt! Good job!
              Alvarez didn’t look any softer than in their first fight. I think he expected a different gameplan from Kovalev, and did not expext a 12 round boxing lesson.

Also, Kovalev was prepared for that right counter, and deflected it with his shoulder on several occasions. A great boxing display from Kovalev, and a fantastic comeback.

Comment

• Good won for kovolev, usually fighters in his position get beat worse than the first time, and fade away.

But the fight itself was horribly boring and came on way too late.

Comment

• Sergey is made it clear he is an all time great light heavyweight

Comment

• Unification fights next, please.

Kovalev vs Gvozdyk (WBO/WBC/lineal)
                    Kovalev vs Beterbiev (WBO/IBF)
                    Kovalev vs Bivol (WBO/WBA Super)

Or if they can't make a major unification:
                    Kovalev vs Fornling (WBO/IBO)

Comment

• Any one else notice how PISSED Andre Ward was at Diego Magdalenos corner and the ref. for not stopping that BRUTAL beatdown??? Holy sht he was soo close to blowing up on the air...

Comment

Working...
                      X