Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Teofimo Lopez Drops, Beats Down, Stops Magdaleno in Seventh

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That 7th round shouldn't have happened. What was the point in letting the fight continue? It's like a lot of you on here have said bad on the ref's part, bad on the corner's part, bad on the medical dr.'s part. You can make a case argument that Magdaleno was talking smack to Lopez during the fight but people get emotional in the sport, in any sport. How Lopez handled himself post fight celebration was foul and unnecessary and poor sportsmanship. Even worse on his celebration, is the answer he gave to Bernardo Osuna. He basically was saying I don't give a fu*ck what people think I'm gonna do what I want to do. Lopez wasn't that impressive. They just matched him against someone who was small with no punching power. It looks easy when you know you have the more advantages against your opponent but wait till you face an elite it won't be fun and games. Karma is a bi*ch and it's coming.

Comment

Originally posted by Nusky View Post
      Lopez looked impressive. I like his style and aggression. He can be flat footed at times so I see now what Haney claims he exploited in sparring. Can't wait for them to meet in a real fight, hopefully sometime next yr.
      The way Haney was getting touched up in his last fight, there is no way in hell his people put him anywhere near Lopez

Comment

Originally posted by Devils Advocate View Post
        He can be coached on showing respect and concern for a hurt fighter but Magdaleno was talking ish during the entire fight
        The fight was over. No need to do what he did after the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxingfanatic75 View Post
          No, no it isn’t if you know absolutely anything about boxing. This kid is scary dangerous. Loma doesn’t have a fraction of the power needed to KO this guy. This guy walks through Loma punches, smiles and KOs him in easy fashion. This kid is good
          In boxing, you don't need to KO to win...you contradicted yourself, I think you're the guy who doesn't know anything about boxing. Lopez' opponent was a walking punching bag. Loma MOVES! Just because you can walk through someone's punches DOES NOT MEAN YOU WIN. In fact, you lose points.

Comment

Originally posted by HIGHNESS View Post
            In boxing, you don't need to KO to win...you contradicted yourself, I think you're the guy who doesn't know anything about boxing. Lopez' opponent was a walking punching bag. Loma MOVES! Just because you can walk through someone's punches DOES NOT MEAN YOU WIN. In fact, you lose points.
            Trust me Loma gets knocked cold. He cannot run the entire fight this guy closes distance fast

Comment

Teofimo Lopez beat the **** out of Haney in sparring not viceversa.....and Devin Haney is not yet even close to the level of this young man, Lopez too strong indeed......

Comment

that ref! Magdeleno was taking a serious beating and the ref was acting like it was a sparring session. Even with the final brutal KO, the ref was so casual and even started counting.

Comment

No one trust you, Loma doesn't run,he is ever in front of the opponent... he moves in and out plus short steps/lateral movements throwing punches from all angles....you better don't talk about you don't know, seriously!!!

Comment

I agree with you

Comment

RIP Loma. He better pray teofimo moves up soon

Comment

Working...
                      X