Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Eleider Alvarez, Sergey Kovalev - Face-Off, Final Presser

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post
    I don't think it'll matter. He was clearly outboxing Alvarez before the KO and the scorecards rightfully reflected that. If he gets his stamina right this time he'll win. That's a big question at age 35 though.
    It's no longer a case of stamina, but chin. Ward cracked it, Alvarez busted it open. In his prime, Kovalev would've dusted off shots like that. We might indeed see him outbox Alvarez for some rounds, but a KO shot will always be lurking.

Comment

Krusher i can't get behind you when you go around breakin' *****es faces and all that. Alvarez, destroy this racist drunk once and for all.

Comment

A war of jabs

Kovalev possesses the better overall skills but Alvarez is great at what he does well. I give Kovalev the slight advantage but the truth is it’s a very even match up. First fight was good fun 175 action and I expect more of the same here. Kovalev was begin to show fatigue but he absorbed a lot of solid hard jabs that made that good full contact. Can he stay on his toes the full 12? Alvarez has a granite chin and pit bull determination. Fun stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by PittyPat View Post
          It's no longer a case of stamina, but chin. Ward cracked it, Alvarez busted it open. In his prime, Kovalev would've dusted off shots like that. We might indeed see him outbox Alvarez for some rounds, but a KO shot will always be lurking.
          That out the ring lifestyle is starting to catch up to him and chipping away at his warrior spirit. I give him a solid shot but won’t be surprised if he actually folds. Good match up.

Comment

Originally posted by bulldognyc View Post
            That out the ring lifestyle is starting to catch up to him
            Any sources for these drinking problems everyone keeps referring to? Also, I thought he was married with a kid, so when was the divorce? I haven't read anything on here about it.

Comment

Any sources for these drinking problems everyone keeps referring to? Also, I thought he was married with a kid, so when was the divorce? I haven't read anything on here about it.
              Other then him just saying he celebrates too much during the holidays, no sources. There was a article on espn some time back before the first fight where he talked about changing his lifestyle after a crazy car accident. He talks about his old training methods and diet and such. Idk anything about his marital status. But he’s saying he’s strong and healthy now. I like his fights so I’m excited to see this rematch.

Comment

Sergey is trash.

Comment

He won't defend against that Alvarez jab. It couldn't miss him last time, and I haven't seen Kovalev do any great head movement since the Hopkins fight.
                  I agree. I thought Alvarez for a few rounds in the first fight got away from using it. Needs to utilize start to finish.

Comment

Hopefully Sergey has his head together after the accusations and possible trial ahead. May the better boxer win.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenNinja111 View Post
                      Sergey is trash.
                      Troll.

On the serious note krusher is coming back to get that belt back and he will... no worries.

Comment

Working...
                      X