Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Thurman Should Go After Pacquiao Right Now, Says Mancini

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Thurman Should Go After Pacquiao Right Now, Says Mancini

By Lyle Fitzsimmons - Keith Thurman has wanted it for a while. Now 30, the thoughtful Floridian was still six months away from 26 when he made the rounds at the Mayweather-Pacquiao weigh-in, telling anyone who'd listen that a big fight was on his agenda. It made perfect sense at the time. He was the World Boxing Association's champion in waiting back then, toting around the organization's dubious "regular" welterweight belt and hoping the winner of the pay-per-view extravaganza would call his name for a blockbuster dance...
    [Click Here To Read More]

Definitely an intriguing fight. Can a 40 year old Pacman beat " one time"? would love to see it!

Comment

Of course he should cash out if he can. He can barely beat a bum.

Comment

Freddie roach talking all that sheet, biatch please! They just want Thurman because he looks vulnerable after almost getting ko'd by Lopez. If Spence kills Mikey Garcia I bet Manny's team aren't going to be saying "line them up". I promise they won't be pursuing a Spence fight if he dominates Mikey like he's expected to, the same way Manny ducked Terrence Crawford.

Comment

Chaniev will upset Commey

Comment

“I think Thurman should go after a Pac fight now,” Mancini said. “It ain’t gonna be any tougher than what he just had. And if he did do another one (beforehand), who’s to say it would be easier than what he just had. No, go for the big fights now.”

That's right and exact! Thurman needs Pacquiao ASAP! No marinade needed, no tune-ups needed! Just pen and paper!

Comment

Originally posted by jinx_htx View Post
              Freddie roach talking all that sheet, biatch please! They just want Thurman because he looks vulnerable after almost getting ko'd by Lopez. If Spence kills Mikey Garcia I bet Manny's team aren't going to be saying "line them up". I promise they won't be pursuing a Spence fight if he dominates Mikey like he's expected to, the same way Manny ducked Terrence Crawford.

Yeah pac has to be carefully matched. Even if you say that Pac was robbed vs Horn, he still struggled, he took a lot of punishment himself and couldnt put horn away. Look at how easily Crawford handled him. Mannys punches dont have the same effect they did 10 years ago and he gets hit way more. Theres a reason they picked someone like Broner who doesnt throw vs a skilled pressure fighter like Porter. But now they see how badly Thurman struggled and it makes that fight interesting.

Comment

Thurman is a smart enough boxer to beat Pacquiao, especially at this stage. He will study Manny's fight with Floyd to learn how to make the fight more of a non-violent affair instead of a brawl by beating Pac to the punch, timing him with hooks, lead rights, keeping a jab in his face, and tying him up when he comes in. Thurman fights well off the back foot, so Pac is actually a good style match-up for him, imo.

Comment

Thurman did look like he lacked some pop in his punch against lopez. Not sure going after Pac-Man is smart right now. Then again it’s now or never when you get a shot at a legend. Pac-Man might just whoop his ass!

Comment

Originally posted by jinx_htx View Post
                    Woh! Thurman was the one who is challenging Pacquiao not the other way around. You are full of crap boy. Straighten up your facts.

Comment

Working...
                    X