No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: George Groves Decides To Retire From Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: George Groves Decides To Retire From Boxing

Former world super-middleweight champion George Groves has announced his retirement from boxing. The 30-year-old has called time on his career four months after losing his belt to Callum Smith in September. Groves, who is also known for two high-profile fights with Carl Froch, became world champion at the fourth attempt when he beat Fedor Chudinov in Sheffield in 2017.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Last edited by BIGPOPPAPUMP; 01-28-2019, 11:07 AM.

Right thing to do.

Degale fight is outdated now, nothing he can do at SMW, LHW he'd get flattened.

Comment

good decision, although he'll be missed from the 168 division he was getting clipped too often lately

Comment

enjoy retirement champ

Comment

I was a little surprised to hear this as I read an interview with Shane McGuigan the other day which had me thinking that Groves would be up for a DeGale rematch if he had gotten past Eubank.

I think it's the right decision though. I feel the fights with Froch took a little out of Groves, as did the Gutknecht fight, for different reasons.

He's been a good fighter and had a nice career (British, Commonwealth, European and World champion), as well as some solid wins.

He's being picking up a few injuries, so now is probably the right time to go out on his own terms.
          He doesn't strike me as the kind of guy to make a return once he's made up his mind. So good luck to him. I've enjoyed following his career.

Comment

Damn, wanted to see him whoop DeGale before calling it quits. He ascends into Sainthood now!

Comment

Comments Thread For: George Groves Decides To Retire From Boxing

Former world super-middleweight champion George Groves has announced his retirement from boxing. The 30-year-old has called time on his career four months after losing his belt to Callum Smith in September. Groves, who is also known for two high-profile fights with Carl Froch, became world champion at the fourth attempt when he beat Fedor Chudinov in Sheffield in 2017.
              [Click Here To Read More]

Comment

Nice one George good move.

Comment

Happy retirement champ

Comment

Did the best he could with his talents and had a mega fight at wembley.

Still was a serial loser and lost nearly all of his big fights.

Comment

Working...
                    X