Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: De La Hoya: I Assure You That Canelo Will KO Golovkin in Trilogy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by komandante View Post
    It's the other way around, especially if VADA will do its job.
    No it’s not, Golovkin took a huge beating to the body and was visibly hurt in the second fight. Assuming Canelo gets past Danny, Golovkin will be stopped imo.

Comment

• Originally posted by SniXSniPe View Post
      How old will Golovkin be for the 3rd fight?

39?
      Everyone is now claiming how great Manny still is at 40, sooooo, your point?

Comment

• Originally posted by Robi13 View Post
        I get what you are saying. What I am saying is, team triple jab demanded 50 percent of the purse for fight 2 and didn't deserve that. They demanded full 160 for fight one and didnt deserve that (that's why they had to wait)... Now I believe team Triple jab, since they have no belts like you said, is probably demanding some number they don't deserve and canelo said I don't need these headaches ans DJ did the right thing and signed that fight quick! Triple jab is an idiot for letting the opportunity go. He won't make anywhere near the amount of money he would have had he facwd canelo. Also, time isn't on his side. Maybe triple jab declined the fight now so he can get older and when canelo disposes of him triple jab can live happy saying he was old.
        For ease of reading I'll comment on specific points of your response, but first: why call him "triple jab"? Unless, of course, you are a teenager and these petty and childish stings are just part of the package, I guess.

What I am saying is, team triple jab demanded 50 percent of the purse for fight 2 and didn't deserve that.
        ==================
        Is there an objective assessment of who deserves what? No such thing, we are not in a philosophy class here. Its not what you "deserve", its what you achieve or negotiate. I don't believe Kardashian deserves to have more followers than Neil De Grass Tyson, but that's subjective, isn't it? And I believe that a a future hall of fame, longest reigning champion with several belts deserves 50%. Btw, he didn't get 50%. But I'm glad he squeezed DLH's balls for 45%.

Triple jab is an idiot for letting the opportunity go.
        ==============
        Why? Its not Canelo or nothing. Unfortunately, he doesn't have other meaningful options at the moment to fight for a belt, but that's circumstantial. Besides, you know nothing about the reason why GGG is not fighting Canelo in May. You trust what DLH has to say and how he blamed this on GGG after 4 days? Well, good for you.
        Personally, I don't think GGG needs to fight Canelo anymore. He has already proved what's he's got against one of the best boxers in the world, who also happen to be in his prime. Unlike GGG.

He won't make anywhere near the amount of money he would have had he facwd canelo.
        ================
        Not for us to count his money. Maybe he has already made enough not to think about money for the rest of his life. Again, we don't know why he doesn't fight Canelo in May! I assume DLH, in line with some of the slime comments he made about GGG, lowballed GGG, but that's just an assumption.

Also, time isn't on his side. Maybe triple jab declined the fight now so he can get older and when canelo disposes of him triple jab can live happy saying he was old
        ==============
        At 36, when they first fought, he could have said this already. He didn't. Twice. And by the standard of any sport, he is an old athlete. With a handful of exceptions, no athlete is at the peak of their abilities at the age of 36. And this is what GGG could have done against Canelo on decline. Think about that for a minute. Unfortunately, there is an inherent risk in perception when a prime figher fights a fighter not of comparable age. We will never know who's the better one of the two had they both fought in their primes. So far, only Canelo did. We'll see how he will fare against DJ, who is in his prime, I believe, but at the same time I don't rate DJ as high as GGG even though he gave GGG a very good fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
          Getting back to the main point at this time the only leverage he has is public demand for a rematch and pressure from DZAN.
          97k fans isn't much and DAZN invested heavily on canelo so... Plus triple jab isn't signed to DAZN. Dazn has to put a package together yo sign triple jab not no pressure on canelo. Canelo is already a house fighter. What can a 37 year old get? 1 maybe 2 year 2-4 fight deal? Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Metho_4u View Post
            Everyone is now claiming how great Manny still is at 40, sooooo, your point?
            That's the thing, Manny is an ATG... Triple jab was just good against c level fighters

Comment

• Originally posted by alexjust View Post
              For ease of reading I'll comment on specific points of your response, but first: why call him "triple jab"? Unless, of course, you are a teenager and these petty and childish stings are just part of the package, I guess.

What I am saying is, team triple jab demanded 50 percent of the purse for fight 2 and didn't deserve that.
              ==================
              Is there an objective assessment of who deserves what? No such thing, we are not in a philosophy class here. Its not what you "deserve", its what you achieve or negotiate. I don't believe Kardashian deserves to have more followers than Neil De Grass Tyson, but that's subjective, isn't it? And I believe that a a future hall of fame, longest reigning champion with several belts deserves 50%. Btw, he didn't get 50%. But I'm glad he squeezed DLH's balls for 45%.

Triple jab is an idiot for letting the opportunity go.
              ==============
              Why? Its not Canelo or nothing. Unfortunately, he doesn't have other meaningful options at the moment to fight for a belt, but that's circumstantial. Besides, you know nothing about the reason why GGG is not fighting Canelo in May. You trust what DLH has to say and how he blamed this on GGG after 4 days? Well, good for you.
              Personally, I don't think GGG needs to fight Canelo anymore. He has already proved what's he's got against one of the best boxers in the world, who also happen to be in his prime. Unlike GGG.

He won't make anywhere near the amount of money he would have had he facwd canelo.
              ================
              Not for us to count his money. Maybe he has already made enough not to think about money for the rest of his life. Again, we don't know why he doesn't fight Canelo in May! I assume DLH, in line with some of the slime comments he made about GGG, lowballed GGG, but that's just an assumption.

Also, time isn't on his side. Maybe triple jab declined the fight now so he can get older and when canelo disposes of him triple jab can live happy saying he was old
              ==============
              At 36, when they first fought, he could have said this already. He didn't. Twice. And by the standard of any sport, he is an old athlete. With a handful of exceptions, no athlete is at the peak of their abilities at the age of 36. And this is what GGG could have done against Canelo on decline. Think about that for a minute. Unfortunately, there is an inherent risk in perception when a prime figher fights a fighter not of comparable age. We will never know who's the better one of the two had they both fought in their primes. So far, only Canelo did. We'll see how he will fare against DJ, who is in his prime, I believe, but at the same time I don't rate DJ as high as GGG even though he gave GGG a very good fight.
              Ok all valid points. But for the sake of having to respond to all that... I'll just day this... Triple jab is done with, welcome to Canelo Era!

Comment

• Originally posted by j.razor View Post
                Leave the excuses out.
                Truth hurts

Comment

• Originally posted by Robi13 View Post
                  97k fans isn't much and DAZN invested heavily on canelo so... Plus triple jab isn't signed to DAZN. Dazn has to put a package together to sign triple jab not no pressure on canelo. Canelo is already a house fighter. What can a 37 year old get? 1 maybe 2 year 2-4 fight deal? Lol
                  Probably 2 or 3 fights at that age. This brings up a good point. Read the Ali act. Pretty sure it reads a broadcaster cannot deny an opponent access to their fighters unless he or she signs with them.

c) PROTECTION FROM COERCIVE CONTRACTS WITH BROADCASTERS- Subsection (a) of this section applies to any contract between a commercial broadcaster and a boxer, or granting any rights with respect to that boxer, involving a broadcast in or affecting interstate commerce, regardless of the broadcast medium. For the purpose of this subsection, any reference in subsection (a)(1)(B) to ‘promoter’ shall be considered a reference to ‘commercial broadcaster’.

Section a (1) (B)

‘(B) A coercive provision described in this subparagraph is a contract provision that grants any rights between a boxer and a promoter, or between promoters with respect to a boxer, if the boxer is required to grant such rights, or a boxer’s promoter is required to grant such rights with respect to a boxer to another promoter, as a condition precedent to the boxer’s participation in a professional boxing match against another boxer who is under contract to the promoter.

‘(2) This subsection shall only apply to contracts entered into after the date of the enactment of the Muhammad Ali Boxing Reform Act.

The truth that a fighter has to sign with DAZN to fight one of their fighters bugs the hell out of me.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
                    You joined Oct 2018 days AFTER Canelo whooped up on GGG. The day after GGG got his face broken MEXICAN STYLE there was a massive purge of accounts on boxingscene. We lost probably half of the GGG fangirls that day and magically new usernames popped up. So who's alt account is this? Canelo ruined lives up in here lol

U Mad?
                    There was no massive purge of accounts that I noticed.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
                      You joined Oct 2018 days AFTER Canelo whooped up on GGG. The day after GGG got his face broken MEXICAN STYLE there was a massive purge of accounts on boxingscene. We lost probably half of the GGG fangirls that day and magically new usernames popped up. So who's alt account is this? Canelo ruined lives up in here lol

U Mad?
                      There was no massive purge of accounts that I noticed.

Comment

Working...
                      X