Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Serious question, Was floyd scared to fight pac in 2009?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serious question, Was floyd scared to fight pac in 2009?

Why floyd suddenly ask for something that he didn't ask for his previous 40 opponent? Was floyd got so spooked to a prime pac?

Originally posted by Bumlovkin
    If anything it was Pac who ducked Floyd foo. Pac said he was scared of needles and makes him weak, yet he was fine being tested by VADA when fighting bums
    Why floyd suddenly demand something that he didn't do in his previous fights?

Comment

I think no one can answer why floyd suddenly make a demand on pac that he hasn't done in his previous 40 fights. It could be that he's so scared that he can't believe what pac had done.

Comment

You will be an old senior and still tell these stories to your grandchildren lol

Your idol lost and he got over it. You should too.

Comment

well im not saying its true pac was doping but Floyds whole camp suspected Pacquiao was on something so before they wanted to fight him they wanted to call his bluff and see if he was willing to prove he is clean

the fact he started messing around with cut off dates and saying he was scared of needles ect probably made Floyd think something fishy is going on so there was no fight

for the record I blame them both for not making the fight for various reason between 09-10 we should have had one of the best fights in history instead we got a fight where they were both at id guess 70% of their peak regardless Floyd was and is the better fighter

Comment

Originally posted by pasawayako View Post
            Why floyd suddenly ask for something that he didn't ask for his previous 40 opponent? Was floyd got so spooked to a prime pac?
            Yes he was. Team floyd invented some drug name that makes you walk thru a shot gun lol (search for links guys)
            He said he’s not gonna work with arum, he said manny doesn’t deserve 50-40% and should accept a flat fee.
            He said manny should sign to tmt promotions.
            But after 6 years when manny looked like shyyte already. Planked against marquez and can’t KO the algierias of the world.
            Suddenly he’s okay working with arum. He okay with 40% for pac. Didn’t matter where pac is signed lol

Manny even sent Koncz to floyd’s camp to negotiate. What kind of scared fighter sends his manager to his opponent’s camp.
            While floyd was busy taking long vacations, “self preservation quotes”, rants on youtubes.. all the while laughing at pac “that he’s desperate for their fight” lol

Comment

No Pacquiao was on PEDs. No other reason to turn down a 50/50 offer from Mayweather.

Comment

Originally posted by pasawayako View Post
                Serious answer: top flight professional fighters aren't scared of each other. A lot of reasons fights don't happen but fear ain't generally one of 'em.

Comment

in my honest opinion. i dont think he was scared like shaking scared. but i think he wasnt in a hurry to fight manny. that's why he started asking for random test then say he cant work with bob and top rank, etc. floyd was in no rush to make the fight.

Comment

Plenty of people in the game were suspicious of Pac, not just Floyd. Even Roach later said he isn't sure what Ariza was giving him.

Floyd may have demanded testing, but Manny wasn't too happy to accept that, which possibly justifies Floyd asking anyway.

That aside, i don't think either were afraid to fight each other but i think both them and their teams were both happy to act as if they're the no.1 fighter and didn't want to risk the loss in that big rivalry at the time on that huge stage, neither would live it down.

On a smaller scale, it's kinda like how Khan will fight anybody expect Brook, because the whole country is watching. If he doesn't fight Brook, he can just claim he's the better fighter without having to risk losing on that stage.

A loss to your biggest rival always stays with you.

Comment

Working...
                    X