Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pacquiao was a shadow of himself last night. It wasn't pleasant to see.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pacquiao was a shadow of himself last night. It wasn't pleasant to see.

He looked old and unable to land. Yes he did land two hard shots and flurries after that, but he was having a very difficult time landing.

Pacquiao won more rounds, probably 9-3 but there were a lot of close rounds were he barely won those rounds.

Maybe Broner was a bad matchup from him. Maybe Broner defends well against southpaws, I don't know.

He looked vulnerable and desperated to land at times and if Broner was some other welterweight he could have landed something big on him.

The fight sucked apart from 2-3 rounds.

I streamed it so maybe I'm wrong but let's keep it real. It was no domination.

If anything, Broner's the one who looked old. Pacquiao was fast and throwing volumes of punches, as usual. It's hard to land on someone who's willing to sacrifice their own offense to avoid being hit.

Comment

I haven't even seen the fight, just read about it, and I agree with you. I've been calling him to hang them up for a while before someone like Spence separates him from his senses. However, if he could make great money with people he could beat, all the power to him.

His ceiling at PBC is Danny Garcia, a tier-two welter in the same category as Broner, Vargas, Horn. Steer clear of Mikey, Spence, Crawford.

Comment

You can say that about the Bradley trilogy.

Pac has never been a real 147 pounder. He's the smallest welterweight and a bloated one at that.

But he can still compete at the elite level. And his performance has always been consistent at welter.

No one in their right mind would take on Pacquiao at 140. Pac only fought two rounds at 140 and we all know how that ended.

Comment

I think the last fight he's looking a little better then before, i mean like the Horn fight for example, he's still pretty damn fast and more aggressive again. 40 years old and shutting down Broner,think it means he's got a few fights left in him

Comment

Seeing him beating Dany Garcia come on Haymon make it happen.

Comment

He looked old, well he is.

Plus he had the flu.

I've been calling for him to retire for sometime. After Vargas I said he should just fight some bum in his country and retire.

Comment

He is ****ing 40 years old. He IS old.

I would say he looked pretty good for a 40 year old. Clearly a man who has a lot of talent to still compete like he is at 40. One of the best ever.

Comment

Agreed.

Pac's done IMO... It was great to see him last night and hats off to him for being able to do that at 40.

It's difficult to explain but he doesn't seem to have that snap and raw explosiveness anymore.

I remember watching a prime Pac... always rocking from side to side with that lateral movement, throwing a combo, angle, another combo, another angle... He'd probably eat a shot in the process but shake it off. He was always unorthodox but that was part of the intrigue. There are not many fighters in history who you can watch and be completely blown away by, Pacs one of them. I'll never forget what he did to David Diaz, Hatton, Cotto and Margarito.

At the weigh-in, he was in shape but looked soft... He's got that old man muscle now.

Its been a pleasure Pac... Plan a few safe-ish fights and then call it a day. You have nothing else to prove.

Comment

True but Broner getting his heart snatched played a role as well.

Comment

Working...
                    X