No announcement yet.

Interesting quotes from today’s Sunday Times interview with Tyson Fury

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting quotes from today’s Sunday Times interview with Tyson Fury

“Fury has also recently sent a text to Wilder, who was so fortunate to get a draw with Fury and thus to hold on to the World Boxing Council (WBC) version of the world title: “Hey, Champ, hope Christmas and New Year went well. Let’s get the biggest fight in the world made as soon as we can. I’m ready when you are. April would be good.”

“No reply. Not a good sign,” Fury said.

Fury would welcome a rematch with Wilder as a chance to correct an injustice. He is equally keen to share a ring with Joshua in what would surely be the biggest match ever in British boxing. But judging from another recent exchange of text messages, between Joshua’s promoter, Eddie Hearn, and Fury, that showdown is not imminent.

Hearn: “Before we make our move, is it worth having a conversation about the fight?”

Fury: “I’m ready. How much?”

No reply, so Fury sent another text: “Have you gone cold on me?”

Hearn: “No. I want to do things properly.”

Fury: “Send me your offer in writing. How much?”

Again, no reply and the Wilder rematch remains most likely. The WBC has set a February 5 deadline for terms to be agreed by Warren and Shelly Finkel, the American promoter who acts for Wilder. If they cannot agree, it will be put out to purse bids with Fury entitled to 40% of the purse rather than the 30% normally allowed for the challenger.

Those negotiating for Fury, Wilder and Joshua are much exercised by percentages and a big stumbling block has been the 50% demanded by Warren and Finkel for their men to fight Joshua, and Hearn’s refusal to countenance an even split.

But Fury himself is solely concerned with the bottom line. “I’m not interested in percentages. I don’t do that stuff,” he said. “I want a minimum guarantee. I’m not interested in what Wilder or Joshua make. As long as I’m happy with what I’m earning, they can get £400bn. I don’t care.” Nor is Fury concerned about whom he fights next. “Wilder I’ve already beaten, and Joshua is a big, stiff robot. There’s nothing to worry about.” “

Full interview is behind a paywall here: https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/s...onth-7rs2x2z97

... “I’m not interested in percentages. I don’t do that stuff,” he said. “I want a minimum guarantee. I’m not interested in what Wilder or Joshua make. As long as I’m happy with what I’m earning, they can get £400bn. I don’t care.” Nor is Fury concerned about whom he fights next. “Wilder I’ve already beaten, and Joshua is a big, stiff robot. There’s nothing to worry about.”

... Fury is right................

Comment

I love fury, he talks a lot of ***** but at the same time he’s always the most honest of the bunch.

Comment

Fury is the man

Comment

Both Hearn and Warren confirmed Hearn sent Fury an offer, so he's lying.

Comment

Spot on by Fury. He used to irritate me but since his courageous effort against Wilder he has gone up in my estimations and he has proved he is willing to fight anyone anywhere. The constant arguments about a few percent is doing my head in. Just fight!

Comment

Fury, Finkel, Wilder, DiBella, Warren, Espinoza all seems to be telling us conflicting things all the time. Whether you believe what Eddie Hearn says or not he atleast sticks to his story.

So far here Hearn said hed sent an offer, Warren said he didnt, Fury said he did, Warren said ok then he did but not to me it went straight to Fury, Hearn confirms it went straight to Fury and now Fury is saying he didnt even though his promoter who said he didnt amd then said he did. Only thing consistent here is what Hearn said while Fury and Warren are contradicting each other and then themselves.

You guna keep lying and making stuff up you better know how to keep to it and not get caught out. We already seen the mess Team Wilder did with the "50 mill offer" fiasco.
              Last edited by DaNeutral.; 01-20-2019, 10:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Butt stuff View Post
                I love fury, he talks a lot of ***** but at the same time he’s always the most honest of the bunch.
                Honest ?

“I’m not interested in percentages. " T.Fury

" And you know what I want mate. You know the deal. I told you the split. And it begins with a big six and a zero. To this man.’ " T. Fury

https://metro.co.uk/2018/11/28/tyson...oshua-8185910/

The hard truth he does anything but tell the truth and is a walking contradiction..heres his twitter also..

TYSON FURY
                tyson_Fury

eddieHearn please stop useing my name on a daily basis to build AJ vs Parker, you have had your chance to make me vs AJ & declined many times! I've already told you it will be on my terms & the split will be 60/40 my end, see you summer/autumn 2019 .
                Last edited by REDEEMER; 01-20-2019, 10:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Butt stuff View Post

Ped User most honest ok! lol

Comment

Originally posted by REDEEMER View Post
                    Honest ?

“I’m not interested in percentages. " T.Fury

" And you know what I want mate. You know the deal. I told you the split. And it begins with a big six and a zero. To this man.’ " T. Fury

https://metro.co.uk/2018/11/28/tyson...oshua-8185910/

The hard truth he does anything but tell the truth and is a walking contradiction..heres his twitter also..

TYSON FURY
                    tyson_Fury

eddieHearn please stop useing my name on a daily basis to build AJ vs Parker, you have had your chance to make me vs AJ & declined many times! I've already told you it will be on my terms & the split will be 60/40 my end, see you summer/autumn 2019 .
                    Fury is known for constantly contradicting himself. And I say that as a Fury fan.

Comment

Working...
                    X