Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Oscar Rivas Knocks Out Bryant Jennings in Twelfth Round

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Curious about this one. Leaning Jennings way doe cuz I've not seen all that much to be hyped about with Rivas. Could be Rivas' coming out party & a fun fight if he's really world class doe.

And damn Jennings got some long ass reach to control the distance in this fight if he chooses to. If Rivas ain't got nothing at this level this could be a wide decision or late stoppage if Jennings has big success with his long arms & takes a more strategic approach to winning the fight.

Comment

Jennings has a crazy reach advantage and is the proven guy but im backing Rivas, mainly because the odds were too good to turn down / Jennings has a bad tendency to get drawn into firefights, you can get away doing that agaisnt Joey Dawejko but not agaisnt a guy that hits as hard as Rivas.

having said that Rivas couldnt even stop that MMA bum in his last fight? slightly worrying.. + theres the eye issues.

**** it WAR RIVAS
      Last edited by mlac; 01-18-2019, 06:39 PM.

Comment

So Adames already fought apparently, 3rd rd KO win

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post
          but im backing Rivas, mainly because the odds were too good to turn down
          What were the dog odds on Rivas?

But yea makes sense. If I was betting this fight without even knowing how much of a dog Rivas is this screams classic dog or pass situation betting-wise. Good luck.

+ theres the eye issues
          What IS his eye issue? I remember awhile back he got denied a license in some state over it but idr what the specifics were or if the specifics even got brought up.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
            What were the dog odds on Rivas?

But yea makes sense. If I was betting this fight without even knowing how much of a dog Rivas is this screams classic dog or pass situation betting-wise. Good luck.

What IS his eye issue? I remember awhile back he got denied a license in some state over it but idr what the specifics were or if the specifics even got brought up.
            jennings was a 8/13 favourite a week ago now hes 4/9 and Rivas 7/4.

i dont know the specifics either mate

Comment

Originally posted by BigZ44 View Post
              So Adames already fought apparently, 3rd rd KO win
              Nice. I hope they get him 4 more fights this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
                Nice. I hope they get him 4 more fights this year.
                He needs to get stepped up as well though, each of his last 2 opponents have been steps back. Needs to keep the weight under control as well, he weighed 156 tonight!

Comment

This Sosa-Delgadillo fight is actually pretty entertaining. Sosa dropped in rd 2

Comment

Originally posted by BigZ44 View Post
                    He needs to get stepped up as well though, each of his last 2 opponents have been steps back. Needs to keep the weight under control as well, he weighed 156 tonight!
                    Yikes.... I had high hopes for him at Welterweight

Comment

Originally posted by Bmore18 View Post
                      This Sosa-Delgadillo fight is actually pretty entertaining. Sosa dropped in rd 2
                      Definitely. But doesn't look good for Sosa getting back to a title shot. He should win though.

Comment

Working...
                      X