Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canelo most overrated boxer of the modern day era??????????????

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nah hes legit world class. Im giving the title to adrien broner, his hype was off the charts.

Comment

Originally posted by DARKSEID View Post
      Golovkin is the most overrated boxer of the modern day era.
      True, bar absolutely none.

Comment

I cant hate on him now that he's finally fighting people.

Comment

Originally posted by Divine Hammer View Post
          absolutely. tell me. what good fighter has he beaten without needing gift from judges????? lara should have won. trout fight should have been a draw at best. struggled against old way past prime bloated cotto. easily lost against ggg twice. even got a gift card against floyd hahahahahahahahahaha. what a joke. farce. he can only beat up subpar opposition.

so why does he get so much praise???? why does he get talked about like some legendary hof'er????? explain.

jacobs without a doubt will need a KO to win. canelo can lose easily and still win on teh cards. hahahahaha what a joke.
          why dont you do a poll koresh ??
          lets see what the forum thinks...
          even more i dare you to add ggg to your poll and ask to see who is the most overrated fighter...

Comment

Originally posted by Bjl12 View Post
            You're exaggerating how much help he gets, but he definitely gets preferential treatment.

Even if he lost Lara and both GGG fights it wasnt by more than 5-7...meaning draws in either of those fights wasnt unquestionable and definitely not a "robbery".

The problem for Canelo is the Draw card against Floyd, the 10-2 card in GGG1, and his crazy cards against Lara or Trout.

Canelo is clearly a great boxer because even if he lost to Lara, Trout, Cotto, or GGG...he was neck and neck with them the whole way.

I dont like judging corruption, but it's not something that's limited to Canelo.

Look at Deontay Wilder for example. He had insanely generous cards against Ortiz and Fury...before the KO against Ortiz Wilder was up on all 3 cards which, if you saw the fight, was outrageous. And the Fury fight couldve legitimately been 10-2 or 9-3 and probably at worst 8-4, but one guy has Wilder winning 8 rounds - which is honestly madness.

The best fighter today, in any order, are Loma, Crawford, and Usyk followed by guys like Inuoue, Mikey, and Rungvisai. The third rung of top fighters is Canelo, GGG, and A.J.

It's a good thing that Canelo is only 28 years old and we've got another 2-3 prime years of him and hes still actively fighting best avail opponents.

For contrast Errol Spence claims to be the best fighter in the world yet hes only fought a drained Kell Brook who was coming off his first loss, first stoppage, and reconstructive surgery..and that was 4-4 after 8 rounds. Now Errol is fighting a LW - how impressive...

At least the Canelo and Lomas and Mikeys and Usyks are fighting the best guys available during their prime. It's a food thing
            Again Solid post agree with a lot of what you wrote

And I get what you’re saying , but he get preferential treatment every time out

And yeah you can make a case 7-5 against Lara / Golovkin ( More realistically 8-4 ) but it’s proof in fights most agree he loses he scrapes by with a decision , In fights that are
            Close ( Trout / Cotto ) he’s awarded wide cards in his favour

It’s not just a 1 time thing it’s every fight he gets generous cards.
            You have to win 9-10 clear rounds to get a decision off him and if Canelo can get at least 4 the fight will either be a draw or he’ll win

I’m sure every elite fighter would have no problem fighting the best fighters and taking risks if they only had to win 4 rounds to get a draw or a W

But whatever , It’s just frustrating as a fan when you know his fights won’t be judged on a level playing field

As for the Wilder thing I’ll agree the Ortiz cards were suspect and while I didn’t score the Fury fight I’m not all that outraged with the draw because of how it played out and thought Wilder got some of the early Rounds and the 2 KDs

Wilder probably is in the same boat as Canelo l. Canelo has a fan friendly style attracts ladies and can draw in the largest most loyal fanbase in a North America. Wilder is a HW with nuclear power and probably has the best chance of attracting American casuals to the sport. Probably why they get special treatment because they bring in $ but it’s still BS can we at least pretend the sport isn’t on some corrupt Bullsh.it

Again solid posts have a good one man

Comment

Originally posted by icha View Post
              why dont you do a poll koresh ??
              lets see what the forum thinks...
              even more i dare you to add ggg to your poll and ask to see who is the most overrated fighter...
              I wouldn’t take what this forum thinks as proof

Years ago there was a poll who’d win Brandon Rios / Floyd Mayweather and Rios won by a landslide

Not exactly the most unbiased crowd here

Comment

Originally posted by R_Walken View Post
                I wouldn’t take what this forum thinks as proof

Years ago there was a poll who’d win Brandon Rios / Floyd Mayweather and Rios won by a landslide

Not exactly the most unbiased crowd here
                he created a poll to ask a question, he certainly cares about what the forum thinks, or is he just trolling ?

Comment

Originally posted by R_Walken View Post
                  I’ve stated this before if Canelo was judged on a level playing field like most other fighters he’d have taken Ls against the top dog at 147 ( Mayweather ) 154 ( Lara ) & 160 ( Golovkin )

His career trajectory would look completely different because he’s be looked at as a guy that always lost to the best in the division whenever he fought them.

Add in the fact that he’s popped dirty and if treated like any other fighter the consequence would have been more then a slap on the wrist and probably a forever tainted legacy. But everyone from the media to the sanctioning bodies to his fans are quick to brush it under the rug like it never happend
                  yup. should have 4 losses and draw against trout. people who don't think canelo was given gifts throughout his career are big time dummies.

many in the media thought that the trout fight was super close and easily a draw or either one barely winning it. yet canelo gets the widest scores imaginable. TRUTH.

lara easily beat canelo. many in media had larar winning it. yet again canelo had the widest scorecards imaginable. TRUTH.

canelo struggled against an old bloated past prime cotto. was easily a 7-5 type of fight. yet as always canelo somehow wins almost all of the rounds on judges rigged scorecards. TRUTH.

and we all know the story with GGG. GGG robbed twice. MORE TRUTH.

heck even canelo won on one scorecard against floyd hahahahahahahahaha. a fight where canelo didn't even win a round.

none of thsi is made up. it's all verifiable documented information easily accessible by the public. please take time to educate urselves.
                  Last edited by Divine Hammer; 01-19-2019, 11:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
                    I cant hate on him now that he's finally fighting people.
                    we can hate on him for being a manufactured hype job ATM for golden boy and the #1 recipient of gift decisions and for being a steroid abuser.

Comment

Originally posted by W1LL View Post
                      Without a doubt yes. But having said that he still has several years to secure his legacy, and to be fair he is building a pretty solid resume. They hyped him to the moon, knowing they could milk a certain demographic, and it worked. I am still not convinced, because his biggest wins are not clear, fair and square results. They will give him all the plaudits, throw all the accolades at him, claim he is the best of his generation etc. But he will never be an ATG-level fighter. In any P4P type scenarios with a leveling playing field he doesn't stand a chance.
                      a resume with many many asterisks. nowhere near as great as many people think he is. nothing controversial about this. just truth.

Comment

Working...
                      X