Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canelo most overrated boxer of the modern day era??????????????

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He lost to Lara on my card.
    Did enough to beat Trout.
    Got humiliated by Floyd.
    Beat Cotto.
    At worst lost by a point to GGG.
    Failed a drug test.
    Defeated ggg in the rematch.

He's a good boxer, but i sure ain't praising him

Comment

Originally posted by DARKSEID View Post
      When every Golovkin dickrider has to bring up Jacobs, and jacobs is the only thing they can bring up, that alone tells you all about Golovkin's resume lol

The only decent win on jacob's resume is quillin. And who has quillin beat? Nobody.
      He slaughtered Quinlan, it was a crushing loss for Quinlan and effectively ended his career.

Comment

Originally posted by earl-hickey View Post
        The thing that annoys me about the canelo fans is they can't just admit that the first GGG fight WAS A robbery.

Like it's not Alvarez fault and he put in a very good fighter but it was a robbery.

Defending it makes people not take you seriously.

My favourite fighter is Carl Froch bit I admit that Dirrell got robbed against him and Groves got stopped a bit too early first time fighting him.

It doesn't hurt to admit this
        I'll never understand "robbery" phrases. It's just hyperbole by Trump Fox News supporters.

In 1st fight all three judges gave Canelo rounds 1, 2, 10, 11, and 12. The one judge, Moretti, scored the fight for Gennady, gave Canelo 5 rounds in the 1st fight, and was selected by Abel/GGG to judge the 2nd fight...

The term robbery is usually used to explain fights like Lara v Paul Williams...where it was something lie a 9-3 or 10-2 route...

Jeff Horn v Manny Pacquiao was NOT a robbery. At worst it was a controversial decision which was made possible by a poor referee who allowed Horn to fight like a literal animal

Saying Canelo "robbed" GGG in either fight is flat-out wrong and disingenuous. Both fights were closely contested and while I had Canelo winning both I acknowledge that GGG is a good fighter because he went neck and neck with Mr. Middleweight Ca$hnelo and Mr. Pound-for-Pound Ca$hnelo twice!
        Last edited by Bjl12; 01-18-2019, 11:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Divine Hammer View Post
          absolutely. tell me. what good fighter has he beaten without needing gift from judges????? lara should have won. trout fight should have been a draw at best. struggled against old way past prime bloated cotto. easily lost against ggg twice. even got a gift card against floyd hahahahahahahahahaha. what a joke. farce. he can only beat up subpar opposition.

so why does he get so much praise???? why does he get talked about like some legendary hof'er????? explain.

jacobs without a doubt will need a KO to win. canelo can lose easily and still win on teh cards. hahahahaha what a joke.
          There is no point trying to explain to you why Canelo is highly thought of because you have your mind made up he is no good and you won't change it. Canelo gets favorable judging in Vegas but not by the amount you are saying, Ithough he lost both fights to GGG but they were close fights. Canelo probably got a few extra points he didn't earn by the judges but the scoring was not that bad, Canelo fought on even terms with GGG and a middleweight who can do that is a damn good middleweight. Jacobs does not need to KO Canelo to get the win but I think Canelo will KO Jacobs. Canelo clearly beat Lara in a close fight in my opinion, He clearly beat Trout and he easily beat Cotto. You are trying to say Canelo should have lost fights he clearly won just because he didn't knock the guy out.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
            I know why you mad Canelo broke your soul GGG tappped out a Mexican Style fight he cried for in the first place

GGG own trainer threw him under the bus and told the world he lost lol

But by all means keep crying about it LMAO
            Damn, guit lying GGG hater. When Sanchez told GGG you are losing at the end of the 8 th round he explained later he meant you are losing the way they score fights in Vegas. He said he actually had the fight even after 8 rounds and thought GGG won the last 4 rounds making his score card a 116 to 112 win for GGG. Keep telling that lie often enough and some of your fellow GGG haters will believe it.

Comment

This should be a Rigo thread.

Comment

Originally posted by hhs661 View Post
                He lost to Lara on my card.
                Did enough to beat Trout.
                Got humiliated by Floyd.
                Beat Cotto.
                At worst lost by a point to GGG.
                Failed a drug test.
                Defeated ggg in the rematch.

He's a good boxer, but i sure ain't praising him
                I'm a big Canelo fan and this seems to fair.

Personally I felt a draw was the worst outcome in the 1st GGG fight (for Canelo), but I can see how someone might have it 7-5 either way.

I can definitely see a Lara loss although that was probably 5-7ish

Trout was either7-5 for Canelo or 6-6

Cotto was close although I thought clear 7-5

Comment

Originally posted by Bjl12 View Post
                  Some people talk about fighting everybody, but Canelo walks the walk.

He fought Floyd (and conceded in weight), fought Mosley, fought Cotto, fought Lara, fought Angulo (people said he'd duck and it was rated as a 50/50 fight on these very boards...I've shown the links and polls time and time again), fought Gennady, fought Trout (people said he'd duck), and now he's fighting Danny Jacobs (people said he'd duck).

Canelo has the single best resume in boxing today aside from Pacquiao. He's moved up in weight and fought the best available fighters every time...Lara/Trout @ JMW (Trout was the guy after beating Cotto), Floyd between 147-154, Gennady at 160.

Yes, Gennady receives favoritism in scorecards. No, that does not mean he hasn't earned every win.

Canelo-Lara was a 7-5 swing fight. Depending on what you like you could have either guy winning.

Canelo-Trout was a 7-5 swing fight. Depending on what you like you could have either guy winning.

Both Canelo-GGG fights were swing fights. I've gone over time and again how I find it insulting that people think Canelo "robbed" GGG the first time out.
                  • First fight: All 3 judges, even the guy who scored for GGG, gave Canelo rounds 1, 2, 10, 11, and 12. That's 5 rounds. Even Harold Lederman, who hates "boxers", gave Canelo round 3. Personally I gave Canelo 1-4 and 10-12 in first fight. I was okay with a draw because it was that kind of fight.
                  • Second fight: I haven't been able to watch a HD version of the rematch yet...trying to find a link if anyone knows. The fight wasn't overly difficult to score live though, but on first watch I felt a draw was warranted. I had Canelo 7-5, but again could definitely see a Draw...that kind of fight. Again.

Canelo has earned his Floyd treatment where, unless he absolutely dominates, people accuse and belittle or whine about ducking/performance. There are dozens of posters here, literally, who are ALREADY complaining about Canelo fighting Danny Jacobs in May - literally the best possible opponent Canelo could've chosen...moreso than Gennady (who Canelo TRIED to fight, but Gennady declined the offer)...and some "posters" have complained that it's GGG's leftovers (a fight that could've legitimately been 114-113 for Danny...) or Canelo's ducking "X, Y, and Z".

People don't understand when you hate on a fighter so much you are indirectly praising them. Canelo is the face of boxing, and much like Anthony Joshua, he gets criticized no matter who he fights...the #1 guy, #2 guy or #3 guy...it's never enough.

What separates Canelo from every other boxer is he fights the #1, #2, and #3 guys at their weights (152, 160, 164, 168, etc.) and always gives an honest effort. No Canelo is not a 1st ballot HOF (yet), but he's building a strong case.

He has 2 major flaws...he can't fight moving counter-punchers and he can't distinguish himself in legacy fights (Trout, Lara, Gennady, Cotto, etc.). Aside from that Canelo is everything you want in a fighter

Good point. Any little thing and its open season. That's how you know you're the top dog.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                    Damn, guit lying GGG hater. When Sanchez told GGG you are losing at the end of the 8 th round he explained later he meant you are losing the way they score fights in Vegas. He said he actually had the fight even after 8 rounds and thought GGG won the last 4 rounds making his score card a 116 to 112 win for GGG. Keep telling that lie often enough and some of your fellow GGG haters will believe it.
                    Again, these GGGstans just make figures and things up. Abel has long said his fighter lost round 12:

ABEL SANCHEZ "I THINK GGG TOOK OFF THE LAST ROUND; DIDNT DO ENOUGH TO WIN IT CONVINCINGLY"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2w3h_xJ9s4

"Canelo deserves all the credit for the victory tonight". "It was a 1 round fight for a different outcome".

GGG's own damn trainer said GGG lost the 12th and didn't do enough to win.

And yet GGG fans are STILL IN OUTRIGHT DENIAL. Do you need GGG himself to say he lost? Because fighters don't do that. When they do it's time to retire because their competitive edge is gone.

Comment

I’ve stated this before if Canelo was judged on a level playing field like most other fighters he’d have taken Ls against the top dog at 147 ( Mayweather ) 154 ( Lara ) & 160 ( Golovkin )

His career trajectory would look completely different because he’s be looked at as a guy that always lost to the best in the division whenever he fought them.

Add in the fact that he’s popped dirty and if treated like any other fighter the consequence would have been more then a slap on the wrist and probably a forever tainted legacy. But everyone from the media to the sanctioning bodies to his fans are quick to brush it under the rug like it never happend
                      Last edited by R_Walken; 01-19-2019, 02:38 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X