No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Alvarez vs. Daniel Jacobs Finalized For May 4

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
    Glad that you're ready to acknowledge that you didn't know **** when you were talking about the business of Wilder-Fury, lol.

Daniel Jacobs is all of 31 years of age, likely 32 when the three-fight deal is up, lol. Very few fighters retire at 32 while still having ability, nevermind stay stuck somewhere without viable fights when they have options.

Think for a moment.

Scenario #1; Jacobs fights and beats Canelo in May, vacates the WBC title to fight Canelo again in September, and then fights Andrade to add the WBO belt to his IBF and WBA.

Logic tells you that 1) Jacobs will look for the biggest fight that he could get and 2) DAZN is not going to give him a guaranteed deal anywhere near what Canelo got.

WBC 160lb champ Jermall Charlo, Billy Joe Saunders, and possibly undisputed 154lb champion Jarrett Hurd moving up are options for him outside of DAZN, and you may even add Golovkin to that mix too.

If Hearn can deliver something like a 6-fight, $100m guaranteed deal after this three-fight deal is up, maybe Jacobs re-signs with him.

Outside of that, Daniel Jacobs would be the WBA/IBF/WBO champion, with the chance to become the undisputed middleweight champion (for as long as he can make the weight alright), with Barclays Center as his home venue, having fought his way back from a near death experience with cancer (who also happens to fight in a technical, but open and aggressive style).

You'd have another potential PPV star to build with! (Wilder is likely set to be a PPV star through the rest of his run, especially if he beats Fury and Joshua to stick up the division, and Errol Spence Jr is in a similar place if he can be WBC/WBA/IBF 147lb champion).
    lmaaooo damn u like to dream don’t u. Jacobs is the underdog vs Canelo. Not the favorite lol. He likely isn’t winning.

DAZN wouldn’t let Jacobs go. U already are on record saying Jacobs would never go to DAZN and would go back to pbc for his next fight. U already have been proven wrong.

What you should say is Jacobs will likely extend his contract before his third fight on DAZN and why not? Hearn has delivered 10 fold more than haymon ever did for him.

BJS lol. He can fight him on DAZN too. Charlo? Logic tells u he will be at DAZN sooner than later as well.

U already lost. U said Jacobs would never sign with DAZN. U did all your calculations and arthmetic and we’re 100% wrong lmao. Jacobs is just smarter than Charlo. Jacobs has a belt and still went to DAZN where the money at 169 is at. Charlo doesn’t have anything but an interim title and will continue to fight bums until he signs on.

Just like Haymon is shutting out Crawford, DAZN is doing the same thing and freezing Charlo until he signs.

Just wait till after Canelo gets past Jacobs and gbp asks for a third fight against GGG and the wbc okays it lol. Charlo will waste another year of his career. Lolol. Just facts.

When he could go to DAZN and fight Andrade or Jacobs after the Canelo fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by takenotes View Post
      I like the fight but unless Jacob's knocks him out he will lose. No way cheatelo loses in vegas
      No excuses!

Comment

• Originally posted by kafkod View Post
        The videos of Hearn outlining the offers he made to Fury and Wilder are on line for everyone to see. But he talks about both in the same interview, and some boxing fans won't be able to cope with that. Others will deliberately misconstrue what Hearn is saying in order to mislead the dumbos.

I'm not sure which category you fall into.

FACT: Fast Eddie did not offer Fury ANYWHERE near 40%..... what don't you get about that?

Comment

• Originally posted by kafkod View Post
          Lol at Canelo unifying 168!

SMW is his natural weight division, which means he will cherry pick his opponents there and won't go near any of belt holders while they are in their prime.

like Golovkin did at 160 ?

Comment

• Originally Posted by kafkod
            Fact: Jacobs asked the for the fight to be postponed for 5 months because he wouldn't be ready on the stipulated date.

Fact: Golovkin paid Jacobs more than his mandated split for a mandatory fight in order to get it made.

Bull****: What you wrote in the post I quoted.

Originally posted by kushking View Post
            Your house must be made of toilet paper because your so full of sht��
            Trust me I am NOT a Triple L fan but I do remember Jacobs saying he wasn't ready for golovkin months before the got the fight done. I was trying to find the interview & don't want to be looking for it forever but I did find this.

https://www.boxingscene.com/jacobs-t...int_friendly=1

Comment

• Originally posted by Lomadeaux View Post
              How's that?

as Canelo is beating the guys that Golovkin is too scared to fight..... you can call him whatever you want

I will call Golovkin two things..... over-rated, and done

Comment

• Originally posted by SweetPbfAli View Post
                He really is though. Can't believe dude really has haters that actually like boxing.
                They must not like him for a reason they won't say. Interesting isn't it?

Comment

• Originally posted by alexnation View Post
                  jeez are you saying GGG wouldn't beat Derevyanchenko? you haters are out of your minds

I am saying..... he was too chicken to find out

Golovkin got stripped for ducking his mando, so it is far too late to wander up and insist that Golovkin could have beaten him

if Golovkin was as confident as you..... no, HALF as confident as you..... he would have taken that fight and kept his title

Comment

• Originally posted by T.M.T View Post
                    Its about time
                    LOL....Told you he would fight Jacobs before he would fight Boo Boo.

Comment

• Originally posted by j.razor View Post
                      Originally Posted by kafkod
                      Fact: Jacobs asked the for the fight to be postponed for 5 months because he wouldn't be ready on the stipulated date.

Fact: Golovkin paid Jacobs more than his mandated split for a mandatory fight in order to get it made.

Bull****: What you wrote in the post I quoted.

Trust me I am NOT a Triple L fan but I do remember Jacobs saying he wasn't ready for golovkin months before the got the fight done. I was trying to find the interview & don't want to be looking for it forever but I did find this.

https://www.boxingscene.com/jacobs-t...int_friendly=1
                      I do remember what youre referencing which was before the fight was mandated by the IBF. But the simple fact remains that once the fight got ordered ggg spent over 9 mos "negotiating" because he didn't want to pay jacobs like 200k extra,ggg the diva used that as a way to drag up brook in a money spinning joke fight instead. it was all maneuvering to delay the Jacobs fight,Jacobs had to force a purse bid to get them to stop lowballing him over small change in boxing terms.

Comment

Working...
                      X