Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Alvarez vs. Daniel Jacobs Finalized For May 4

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not a Canelo fan as I believe he was given 2 bogus decisions against Ggg but much props to him for taking this fight. Styles make fights and Jacobs is a huge middleweight and much taller than Canelo.

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
      thank you Noel

but apparently, I was wrong.....

I actually believed that the NEW offer from Hearn was legit

I know, I know..... fool me once, shame on you..... blah blah

it appears that Fast Eddie was talking shlt..... AGAIN !!

"Certainly not, we’ve never had that offer,” he told The Telegraph..... “No offer’s been sent to me. Hearn sent an offer to Tyson over the weekend but it certainly was not 60/40 and it was quite a derisory offer for Tyson..... “So that’s it. We haven’t even responded to it it was so derisory." ~ Frank Warren
      https://www.boxingscene.com/warren-r...s-fury--135452

I fell for it, despite knowing 100% that they have been avoiding Wilder up until this point..... and I believed that because..... 1) I did not think that Hearn was a Arum-level liar..... a common bullshlt-artist, sure..... but I did not think that Hearn would lie about you, while standing next to you, while looking you in the eye..... and, 2) because I really wanted that fight

oh well, back to the old drawing board

but you are correct..... 40% is a GOOD offer, one that Wilder (and Fury) should accept immediately if they really want that fight..... I would have stood by that comment if the offer had been legit, pity it wasn't

THAT, is why I wait and hear both sides
      I like your style. Ok listen from 1min 30 seconds. Again as you pointed out this is Hearn but both Tyson and Wilder could come out and say Hearn is lying. Have you noticed they have both been Quiet. You are convinced he doesn’t want the fight so unless either fighter comes out and agrees you will never see it any other way but AJ is ducking

https://youtu.be/NYzlzGkoUJ8

Comment

• Originally posted by JonDelPrado View Post
        As does any perceived big puncher by the way. I don’t necessarily agree it’s a Canelo-specific bias. Time and time again big punchers have gotten the benefit of the doubt in close rounds
        But GGG was percieved as a bigger puncher than Canelo, and he didn't get the benefit of the doubt, Canelo did.

Comment

• Originally posted by twosweethooks View Post
          This comes down to real SIMPLE:

If You KO Canelo you win

If it goes to the judges YOU LOSE

THOSE JUDGES will be paid handsomely!!😂😂

All clenelo has to do is stay above the mat and he wins😂
          stfu chicken...

Comment

• Originally posted by Jab jab boom View Post
            I can't stand Canelo but anyone talking down on this fight is being unreasonable. This was the best fight that could be made at mw.
            fair game to you...

Comment

• This is why canelo is who he is. Always fighting the best since the beginning of his career. He doesn't sit on his little belts like these other fighters , crying out for others to make his careers for him.

Some fighters define themselves by their belts. Other fighters like canelo are the ones who define the belts.

Isn't it interesting how of all the little boys crying and moaning and saying they're the best and canelo is scared and going to answer to them, the one fighter who didn't say a word was the one who got the shot.

Take notes little boys.

#RealChampsFightRealChamps #LessTalkingMoreWalking #TakeNotes

Comment

• Jacobs cant pull the trigger, thats his biggest problem, he fought to survive vs a 35 year old GGG who he outweighed by 15lb, so he most probably will be in another close fight and lose to Canelo, Canelo losing on the cards vs Jacobs? How so? Jacobs went life and death with Derevyanchenko, many people thought the fight was a draw or even Sergey won. Canelo is in his prime, much younger and will probably be on the best juice and has the judges in his pocket + stacked handwraps on fight night.

Jacobs will have too much respect and fight to survive and then complain that he didnt get the decision. I would love to see a knockout for whoever but I just dont see it, i see another close decision for Canelo.

Comment

• Originally posted by AKAcronym View Post
                  Wonder how the WBC new hydration policy plays into this
                  basically the same as the one from IBF which jacobs holds the title for...

Comment

• Originally posted by Jax teller View Post
                    Meh it seems like you was just throwing unessary question on Oscar trying reduce Jacobs payday.
                    Whaaaaat? Reduce Jacobs payday? That's what you took from the post? Ha!

No, I pointed out how he randomly threw that tweet out last week when GGG never in the plans for May. And once again, I listed two reasons why he did that.

Comment

• Originally posted by james240 View Post
                      Jacobs cannot decision Canelo he needs knockdowns problem is Canelo has a titanium chin.

Agree on Charlo dude must be wondering what the **** has Jacobs done to earn Canelo over me.
                      If you really think that Charlo had done anything to deserve the fight over Jacobs your crazy! Charlo just lost regardless what the outcome was against someone that had not really been heard of. 35 or 36 and not one notable fight besides Charlo. Charlo's best win was against Canelo's left overs in Trout where it was a SD not even a solid win at 154 not 160.
                      Jacobs on the other hand has fought multiple Champions and for multiple belts at 160. He also fought a tough fight in which many people including myself thought Jacobs did enough to beat GGG when they faught.
                      Big difference between the two. Jacobs has made himself worthy of a Canelo fight where Charlo truly shouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence.

Comment

Working...
                      X