No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Warren Reacts To Hearn's Offer Claim For Joshua vs. Fury

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jim Tom View Post
    Joshua won Olympic gold which means he can box. Fury is very good and difficult to nail but fighting Joshua will not be as easy as people think. If Joshua could catch Parker a more fluid boxer than Fury make no mistake about the AJ-Fury outcome. Joshua is not a one punch ko artist but he is a cumulative puncher who cuts the ring way better than Wilder. If Wilder who is uncouth, coarse and unrefined can catch Fury then know that Joshua will land more than double. Also Joshua is a big guy who can clinch and tire his opponents.
    Parker isnt 6 foot 9 with massive long arms

Comment

Originally posted by SeGoodland View Post
      A good and valid point.

But...considering that Fury was on the path to comeback, had two very poor tune ups, 30% and a title shot was a fantastic offer for the first fight.

If this business was all about the money (and I know it isn't), Fury should be thanking Hearn for offering 40% and a title shot and not allowing Warren to speak for him.
      Dont forget the PPV buys.

325k x $75 = $24 million.

/2 for network = $12 million to split. Fury made probably around $9- 13 million.

What was Hearns flat fee$$ 12.5 million then raised to $15???

Flat fee = Dont really want the fight.

Cant wait until Jacobs loses. Then you clowns can drop him and find someone elses nuts to hang from

Comment

Originally posted by makaveli1875 View Post
        Parker also BARELY beat Fury. Hughie Fury the shty Fury.

Comment

Originally posted by makaveli1875 View Post
          Also, when did AJ catch Parker?

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
            Parker also BARELY beat Fury. Hughie Fury the shty Fury.
            He also lost to Ruiz Jr. on my card.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
              He also lost to Ruiz Jr. on my card.
              Lol! I forgot about??? Ruiz was the aggressor won the ealry rounds and Championship rounds..

That DOPE compared Wilder to Parker??? LMFAO! Wilder would KO Hughie, Parker, and Ruiz.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
                Lol! I forgot about??? Ruiz was the aggressor won the ealry rounds and Championship rounds..

That DOPE compared Wilder to Parker??? LMFAO! Wilder would KO Hughie, Parker, and Ruiz.
                I'm a big fan of Andy too. He just signed on with PBC the other day, so I'm hoping for big things. I read he's got a fight coming up in April.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Tom View Post
                  Warren doesn't want the fight. He is prepared to take 60-40 with Wilder who has one belt and brings far less money to the table but won't take 60-40 with AJ who has many belts and brings way more money? Fish eye can go to hell.
                  The 60/40 split was mandated by the WBC, not Warren.

Comment

Originally posted by MisanthropicNY View Post
                    Fury should take the 40%. It'd be an easy fight. A guy with an old Tyson's head movement and Ali's footwork against a stiff body builder who beats guys who have no movement (including a very old Wlad).

Fury would school Joshua easier than he schooled Wilder. At least Wilder has athleticism.
                    Athleticism means nothing in boxing if you have novice level skills and zero ring IQ, like Wilder.

Comment

Derisory... as in it was a truly lowball offer? More likely it was an offer for more than Fury has ever earned or even dreamt he'd earn. The problem being that Joshua was set to earn that much more, being the ticket seller and all that.

Comment

Working...
                      X