No announcement yet.

Eddie Hearn Offers Deontay Wilder and Tyson Fury 60/40 Split For AJ Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
    Well yea, but thats a two way street. To the winner goes the spoils & the popular opinion will be had by Team Joshua, Team Wilder or Team Fury whoever comes out as #1 of this top 3 when it does get decided.

Again sure, but Hearn doesn't want Joshua to be some UK HW Broner type where people pay to see him lose. Joshua has taken the SRL superstar path anyway so people are paying to see him win not to lose. He's not as sellable as "the bad guy". Sure Joshua isn't going to the penthouse to the outhouse if he lost his next ten fights straight, but that doesn't mean the money stays the same either. Joshua sells better as the good guy than the bad guy.

And while I favor Joshua over Wilder myself I think Fury is a whole other animal & if he regains more of his previous form moving foward I think he can virtually 12-0 both Wilder & Joshua oddly enough no matter what the bookies may or may not say.

I do contend none of these fights are walkovers as things stand now & none are unbeatable to the other two & I see all fights in the 60/40 range with maybe some debate on 70/30. Although the actual outcomes could look like it was 100/0 specifically Joshua vs Wilder cuz that could end in a minute either way as I see it.

I will say Fury is the most unbeatable of the 3, but only if he gets his sh^t fully together & keeps it that way. I got no faith in Fury holding it together, but I got a ton of faith in him ruling the division for awhile if he's able to hold it together.

Answering questions is one thing. Throwing shade is another. Hearn knows & realizes this.

As I keep saying Hearn the boxing promoter shines the best for Matchroom & his fighters when he's hyping fights & fighters not dogging sh^t left & right like some young Arum type.

Business was looking better when Hearn was operating like that despite the situations that have arose as of late that were to the hard work & dedication of Old Eddie not this New Eddie messing sh^t up.

But it usually is harder to sustain high level success they say over reaching it for a short period of time as most cats who win a title would statistically prove also.
    Overall I think nothing Hearn has done has been that offensive or embarrassing especially when in comparison to other promoters. The main thing is his rivals are telling people it's embarrassing and thats regurgitated by their fans. Most fans of AJ will stick to their guns if they get and only will be provided or watch pro UK/AJ media (which Hearn needs to provide with these titles that he is trying) so he will not be negatively affecting his own or UK fanbase I doubt. It maybe the opposite but effect for US media however even then AJ came across reasonably well.

The situation as I read it is both teams know the fight builds the more it's delayed.

So Hearn sent low offers to be negotiated to drag time out and Wilders team don't respond timely and when they do they don't define what they want they just complain. I don't think they've had a meeting about it but I think they both know they're doing enough just to keep blaming eachother. We eat it up and when all is said and done eventually they fight and cha ching they get paid double or more than originally.

AJ is already earning big tbf and once he fights Wilder I doubt that either will get a fight in their career that makes as much unless some flash new kid comes through or Wilder beats AJ first and fights Fury. So maximising that fight would make sense to both of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Jax teller View Post
      Overall I think nothing Hearn has done has been that offensive or embarrassing especially when in comparison to other promoters. The main thing is his rivals are telling people it's embarrassing and thats regurgitated by their fans.
      I'm a Hearn fan at the end of the day not a regurgitator of his rivals stances. I've watched more 1hr interviews with Hearn & some random Youtube dipsh^ts than virtually everyone in the US & I gotta be in the top 1% of viewers for the UK too I'd imagine.

I'm not "riding with Wilder" or any other HW really. I do think Wilder is the most fun to watch HW cuz of his power & ability to fight (not necessarily box doe lol) & I do think Joshua is the most marketable & the guy whos improved the most since he reached the tip top level & I do think Fury has the most talent & ability for this game. I don't think my stances are based upon any fanboyism or haterism towards any of these fighters or those with affiliations with them, but are based on reasonable takes of these high level yet very different athletes.

The situation as I read it is both teams know the fight builds the more it's delayed.

So Hearn sent low offers to be negotiated to drag time out

So maximising that fight would make sense to both of them.
      Unless the whole fight gets popped cuz one or both lose. And Hearn was the one who played to that end from the start cuz he's got the golden goose who's younger so he wants to secure some more walkover paydays & let Wilder get a lil older so he'll be an easier, less risky fight for Joshua ideally. So I get it. But once again its not how Hearn built his brand doe & it requires tactics he's not good at employing.

Comment

Originally posted by NahMean View Post
        You can’t be the B side to a lesser known B side fighter himself then expect to become A side with the biggest, most popular A side fighter.. that’s just common sense. AJ makes more money than Wilder and Fury made in their fight combined so why on earth would AJ now split his earning in half with someone who makes pennies compared to him.
        If Fury wins the WBC title, as he should have already, then Joshua/Fury should rightfully be a 50:50 fight. They are both household names in the UK. The fight would undoubtedly be the biggest British fight in history

Comment

I'm a Hearn fan at the end of the day not a regurgitator of his rivals stances. I've watched more 1hr interviews with Hearn & some random Youtube dipsh^ts than virtually everyone in the US & I gotta be in the top 1% of viewers for the UK too I'd imagine.

I'm not "riding with Wilder" or any other HW really. I do think Wilder is the most fun to watch HW cuz of his power & ability to fight (not necessarily box doe lol) & I do think Joshua is the most marketable & the guy whos improved the most since he reached the tip top level & I do think Fury has the most talent & ability for this game. I don't think my stances are based upon any fanboyism or haterism towards any of these fighters or those with affiliations with them, but are based on reasonable takes of these high level yet very different athletes.

Unless the whole fight gets popped cuz one or both lose. And Hearn was the one who played to that end from the start cuz he's got the golden goose who's younger so he wants to secure some more walkover paydays & let Wilder get a lil older so he'll be an easier, less risky fight for Joshua ideally. So I get it. But once again its not how Hearn built his brand doe & it requires tactics he's not good at employing.
          That is a risk but there not many outside of Wilder and Fury that stand a chance against AJ and even if they beat him in a first the chance of that happening a second time in the rematch that would be contracted seems slim to none, rematches of upsets generally seem to improve the excitement aroun involved fighters.

If Wilder loses to Fury this causes some problems but makes the AJ v Fury bigger and opens up Wilder to them lowball offers in the future if that fight was to take place, although at ultimately lower demand both probably would stand to make less.

It is gamble that I beleive Hearn thought took thinking Fury will be on his 5 comeback fight by the time AJ v Wilder happens and Wilder took thinking Fury wouldn't be quite as competive after his absense from the HW scene as many others would just logically assume. Fury seems to have thrown a spanner in the works for the moment.

Comment

That is a risk but there not many outside of Wilder and Fury that stand a chance against AJ and even if they beat him in a first the chance of that happening a second time in the rematch that would be contracted seems slim to none, rematches of upsets generally seem to improve the excitement aroun involved fighters.
            I'd argue Whyte & Big Baby are risks to Joshua's 0. Although lesser risks than Wilder & Fury.

Old Povetkin even caught Joshua nicely in there fight. Idk that Joshua's chin holds vs all these guys.

I think both Wilder & Joshua have L's soon enough. And idk why you'd think a rematch would reverse an L for Joshua. We've not seen Joshua deal with the same guy twice or deal with a pro loss. There is no reason to suspect he'd avenge what will likely be a KO loss since we are talking HWs & generally the standard is if you lose by KO you lose by KO quicker in the rematch.

although at ultimately lower demand both probably would stand to make less.
            Its the same either way. If Joshua or Wilder, two extremely beatable currently unbeaten guys, lose this fight loses value which equals these two & their promotional & managerial partners getting less money. Its a risk to both.

It is gamble that I beleive Hearn thought took thinking Fury will be on his 5 comeback fight by the time AJ v Wilder happens and Wilder took thinking Fury wouldn't be quite as competive after his absense from the HW scene as many others would just logically assume. Fury seems to have thrown a spanner in the works for the moment.
            I think its a tactic Hearn has taken to keep Joshua unbeaten for as long as possible. Problem is I think he knows Joshua isn't some modern day Joe Louis who gots 20 odd defenses in front of him. I think originally he wanted to avoid the biggest threats (Wilder & Fury, or he wanted to fast track a Fury he thought was done for as long as possible, but now he knows that Whyte is a lowkey threat. Ortiz is a threat. I think he even suspects Big Baby is a threat. Its a landmine field out there for Joshua. And Wilder is so wild a boxer he could come up short on his power any night & like he almost did vs Fury. If not for that big ending with his power Wilder loses a decision as he likely should have anyway.

Marinating a HW superfight is one of the dumbest things a promoter can do basically specifically when neither boxer is some great example of unbeatability & both have already had some tense moments of vulnerability.

Comment

I'd argue Whyte & Big Baby are risks to Joshua's 0. Although lesser risks than Wilder & Fury.

Old Povetkin even caught Joshua nicely in there fight. Idk that Joshua's chin holds vs all these guys.

I think both Wilder & Joshua have L's soon enough. And idk why you'd think a rematch would reverse an L for Joshua. We've not seen Joshua deal with the same guy twice or deal with a pro loss. There is no reason to suspect he'd avenge what will likely be a KO loss since we are talking HWs & generally the standard is if you lose by KO you lose by KO quicker in the rematch.

Its the same either way. If Joshua or Wilder, two extremely beatable currently unbeaten guys, lose this fight loses value which equals these two & their promotional & managerial partners getting less money. Its a risk to both.

I think its a tactic Hearn has taken to keep Joshua unbeaten for as long as possible. Problem is I think he knows Joshua isn't some modern day Joe Louis who gots 20 odd defenses in front of him. I think originally he wanted to avoid the biggest threats (Wilder & Fury, or he wanted to fast track a Fury he thought was done for as long as possible, but now he knows that Whyte is a lowkey threat. Ortiz is a threat. I think he even suspects Big Baby is a threat. Its a landmine field out there for Joshua. And Wilder is so wild a boxer he could come up short on his power any night & like he almost did vs Fury. If not for that big ending with his power Wilder loses a decision as he likely should have anyway.

Marinating a HW superfight is one of the dumbest things a promoter can do basically specifically when neither boxer is some great example of unbeatability & both have already had some tense moments of vulnerability.
              If you think Hearn is taking the easy route to not get AJ beaten then he wouldn't have put against Klichtsko who was regarded a greater threat as no 1 above Wilder at the time they could have easily took a similar path to Wilder as he was alread making decent money pre klitchsko.

AJ is beatable but it is unlikely these guys do it and even less unlikely they do it twice AJ has a decent chin and has less 10-8 knockdown rounds than Fury and Wilder to back it. Althought they are a slight threat and as long as AJ recovers the belts (legitimately) in the rematch his value will be fine if anything I think that would improve his value as he seems to have stagnated a little. Ortiz is old that fight will go the same way as Povetkin if you ask me. Whyte, AJ has beat with no real trouble he has improved but so has AJ and you can tell AJ wants to fight Whyte if you look at his reaction after what Whyte said to him after the Chisora fight, he looked ready to go there and then lol. Miller bit unknown but he is not recognised to have power just a good engine for a large guy with a come forward style, potential walking straight onto an AJ uppercut or straight right.

Also if you think Hearn is representing AJ poorly should check out his Blue Blood TV interview the place that's gonna try the hardest to make him look bad. He comes across well whether you beleive he's telling the truth or a silver tongued devil.
              Last edited by Jax teller; 01-18-2019, 11:43 AM.

Comment

If you think Hearn is taking the easy route to not get AJ beaten then he wouldn't have put against Klichtsko who was regarded a greater threat as no 1 above Wilder at the time they could have easily took a similar path to Wilder as he was alread making decent money pre klitchsko.
                Thats when I was a fan of Hearn's moves with Joshua. Thing is that Klitschko fight is what really made Joshua, but they've eased off the gas since that fight & therein lies my issues with Hearn as of late. And its why I say Hearn isn't doing the samw tactics with Joshua now that he does with the rest of his roster.

AJ is beatable but it is unlikely these guys do it and even less unlikely they do it twice AJ has a decent chin
                What makes you so certain no one on the scene right now beats Joshua? This seems ridiculous to say to me.

I think the only thing he's better at than Fury is power & Fury has shown himself unable to be hit for long periods of times vs high level guys already. The issue with Fury is focus & him showing up.

And Wilder is awkward & more deadly with his power I feel like & is of the high risk high reward strategy in fights so I could see Wilder KO Joshua in 91 seconds or get KO'd by Joshua in 91 seconds.

And a "decent chin" at HW is a pretty meaningless boast. Joshua has been hurt in 3(?) fights now I believe. Thats not gonna change in the future & if anything his chin will be more exploitable.

Whyte, AJ has beat with no real trouble he has improved but so has AJ
                Whyte is one of the guys who's hurt Joshua. I wouldn't call that "beat with no real trouble"

and you can tell AJ wants to fight Whyte if you look at his reaction after what Whyte said to him after the Chisora fight, he looked ready to go there and then lol.
                Looking ready to go doesn't win you fights. In fact I'd argue getting more emotional about an opponent is more often a negative than a positive.

Also if you think Hearn is representing AJ poorly
                Overall I think Hearn has done great with Joshua, but he's dropped the ball hard pretty much since this DAZN deal started or there abouts anyway. So the last 6ish months or so.

Comment

Working...
                X