Why doesn’t GGG just FIGHT Canelo “Kazakh Style!”

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lion81 View Post
    Pretty much this.

If GGG comes forward, Canelo switches to a counter strategy. Or Canelo comes forward to the body and GGG has no answers and takes another L. Or they box and Canelo is too skilled and slick and UD's GGG.

GGG has to land a few great shots to win, hoping for a ko and I don't see it.

If you're a gambler, take Canelo for a win.
    Exactly! People think GGG should've just mowed him down and KO'd him, but that was met with resistance....resistance as in a fighter who doesn't fear him and will give him something to think about.

Still like GGG, but he can't KO somebody who isn't willing to get walked over because of his power. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by KingKrypton View Post
      Cause he can't pander to the Mexican fans. He uses Mexican style as a mask for his piss poor defense. Abel hasn't taught him how to move his head after all these years.
      If you're making large head movements you ain't set to punch back with any power... it's part and parcel of his style. You'll notice Spence doesn't move his head that much either. Same reason. You rely on good distance management, blocking and parrying and rolling with those that get through. As long as you got a decent engine, heavy hands and you're still outlanding the opponent it's a very effective strategy.

All styles are a balance between different factors, man, prioritising different aspects of the game. If his defense was such a liability he would have at least been KDd by now for sure and absolutely couldn't have lasted 24 rounds with Supernelo.

That said, I never did like the whole 'mexican Style' bullchit... always did strike me as very contrived and a bit silly.
      Last edited by Citizen Koba; 01-17-2019, 11:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie2Jabs View Post
        Karma in this case simply means BJS and Fury. For example, posters using BJS or Fury to decorate their profiles, PED users, isn’t so much Karma since such posters aren’t them, but moreso “ownage.” Like posters using Kell Brook as well, another suspect part of the Ingle gym like BJS, steers away after Hearn did a great job sneaking on VADA for the Andrade vs BJS fight. Another easy Champ for Matchroom. Only the naive think Hearn had nothing to do with that. It was a new Matchroom Champ vs a Frank Warren former Champ. Hearn knew what to add in the contracts and consult with VADA-Conte, since Hearn knows what goes on in the UK!
        That makes as much sense as I've come to expect from you ... which is no fckn sense at all. It made me laugh though, so thanks for the response.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
          Canelo has a jaw of iron. He also has a good defense. Knocking him out is extremely difficult even for a great KO artist like GGG. Canelo has never been down and only staggered once when he was a teenager.
          Bumlovkin is NOT a "great KO artist." Not even close..

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
            If you're making large head movements you ain't set to punch back with any power... it's part and parcel of his style. You'll notice Spence doesn't move his head that much either. Same reason. You rely on good distance management, blocking and parrying and rolling with those that get through. As long as you got a decent engine, heavy hands and you're still outlanding the opponent it's a very effective strategy.

All styles are a balance between different factors, man, prioritising different aspects of the game. If his defense was such a liability he would have at least been KDd by now for sure and absolutely couldn't have lasted 24 rounds with Supernelo.

That said, I never did like the whole 'mexican Style' bullchit... always did strike me as very contrived and a bit silly.
            I once posted a comment saying that Spence reminded me of Golovkin in the way he handled incoming fire while stalking his opponents, and got slagged off by someone calling me a moron who DKSAB.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
              You are dead wrong. GGG is a good boxer and a great puncher and an excellent all around fighter. You don't win all the amateur fights he won and be a world middleweight champion with 20 successful title defenses and 18 KOs in a row by being just a brawler. GGG has boxing best left jab by actual jabs landed count. The jab is the trademark punch of boxers, not brawlers.
              Boxers know how to fight off the back foot and practice good defense.

Bumlovkin, OTOH, fights in straight lines, CAN'T fight going backwards and likes to block punches with his face.

Calling him a good brawler is being kind..

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
                That makes as much sense as I've come to expect from you ... which is no fckn sense at all. It made me laugh though, so thanks for the response.
                Of course it wouldn’t make sense to you, that’s expected. You go to saying “Clenelo” yet you enjoy decorating your profiles with BJS and Fury... that’s why they coin “fanboyism.” It supersedes rational thought and it applies to fan perspective towards boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
                  I once posted a comment saying that Spence reminded me of Golovkin in the way he handled incoming fire while stalking his opponents, and got slagged off by someone calling me a moron who DKSAB.
                  Yeah that's one of the reasons I like the way Spence fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Nay_Sayer View Post
                    Boxers know how to fight off the back foot and practice good defense.

Bumlovkin, OTOH, fights in straight lines, CAN'T fight going backwards and likes to block punches with his face.

Calling him a good brawler is being kind..
                    Well seeing that Canelo got out landed to the head by quite a bit in both fights your criticizing the wrong guy. Canelo knows a only one way to deal with Golivkin's jabs and power shots. Catch them on the head.. Go out and buy a clue.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
                      Yeah that's one of the reasons I like the way Spence fights.
                      Yes, he is good to watch.

Comment

Working...
                      X