Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

There's no reason Wilder can't fight AJ next. None.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
    Wilder should fight Fury next to clear up exactly who won. IMO I thought he won that fight.
    What's wrong with negotiating both in case the Fury fight doesn't get made? You don't want Wilder-Breazeale do you?

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
      What's wrong with negotiating both in case the Fury fight doesn't get made? You don't want Wilder-Breazeale do you?
      Nothing wrong except for the logistics of it. I'd like to see him fight both guys.

Comment

I don't think you can begrudge Wilder for taking the Fury fight again. Most of boxing fans believe he lost to Fury and he needs to prove himself.

But if his ultimate goal is to become undisputed that is also there to take as well

Obviously he wants Fury next.

Comment

Originally posted by EnglishOxide View Post
          None of what you posted is relevant to what is going on today. Stop living in the past and living on false narratives.

It was never a requirement that Wilder fight Whyte before Joshua. The final offer before the Fury fight to Wilder was 15mill. Which he rejected and took less money to fight a man with no titles. And he REQUESTED the contract knowing there was no date or venue. The 50m offer was funded in part by BT sports and legally couldn't be accepted because Joshua was contracted to Sky Sports. Do your research.

No 'Brit' is afraid of this fight happening, we all want to see it. You are again pushing a false narrative. Everybody wants to see this fight. Everybody knows it is the end of Wilder if he takes it. He is the biggest ducker in boxing if he dodges Joshua next. He has a bigger split, a 2 way rematch clause, a percentage. Everything he wanted he has gotten. And his only damn bargaining chip is the WBC belt.

He is a disgrace to the American heavyweight boxing scene and you should be shaming him, not making excuses for his bumslaying and ducking and diving to take less money for less reward fights.

No more excuses.
          Everything I posted is relevant to what's going on today, nice dodge though. False narratives? What part of my post are you contending is false?

When the negotiations for this fight first started, Hearn said Wilder would first have to fight Whyte, are you saying this didn't happen?
          The final offer may have been 15 million (still too low) but the original offer was a paltry 12 million. Again, are you saying this isn't true?

50 million is 50 million who gives a crap where it comes from. When you name your price and when that price is met and you won't take the fight, that's a duck plain and simple.

And now Wilder wants to rematch Fury (you remember him the lineal heavyweight champion) to clear up the issue of a past fight that most (me included) thought Wilder lost and all you mutton eaters can do is bytche. If team Joshua had made Wilder a fair offer to begin with this fight would already have happened.

Now Whyte is complaining about being lowballed for a rematch. Are we seeing a pattern here?is
          No more excuses
          Last edited by just the facts; 01-15-2019, 11:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rolshans View Post
            Personally I'd rather see AJ against Fury, since Fury clearly won his last match.
            This right here is what I'd prefer to see.

Comment

Originally posted by DaNeutral. View Post
              Lol how come this thread is full of Wilder fans trying to tell us reasons why he should not take the Joshua fight? I dont know why im asking that the rest of us always knew, all that 1 face 1 name bla bla baddest man on the planet bla bla, all the Joshua is a coward bla bla. Well here we are and its the Wilder fans hoping he backs off. No surprise what so ever. Though its been a tough few days for Wilder fans with that 50 million nonsense being completely destroyed by their own people and now a massive offer when both fighters are free and now hes running away and his fans are trying to defend it.
              Wilder fans on here won't be around much longer so enjoy the comedy while it lasts. Wilder will be lucky if he's a belt holder after this year , in fact it's easy picturing Breazeale laying him out which would poetic and put a flat line on all of them.

Either way you can't fix stupid so in the meantime it's almost as fun just watching them squirm on here at every turn making excuses why the fight won't happen, why it shouldn't happen , and why it doesn't need to happen . The Wilderettes are in for a really bad reality check sooner or later , my money's on sooner !

Comment

The thing here is "IF" Fury beats Wilder then you have to think would there be a rematch? The last fight am sure they didn't negotiate for a rematch in case the fight ended up been a draw. So if Fury wins then Wilder activates his rematch, this means we dont get the undisputed fight for another few months/years.

Comment

Originally posted by just the facts View Post

50 million is 50 million who gives a crap where it comes from. When you name your price and when that price is met and you won't take the fight, that's a duck plain and simple.
                  There's something simple here, but it's not your post.

50 million is only 50 million if it leaves you with 50 million. If it forces you to do something that finished your 50 million, then it's not worth 50 million to you any more.

Mind you, if there's no contract then 50 million is worth sweet FA.

Comment

Originally posted by earl-hickey View Post
                    If he come out and announced he's fighting AJ next but that Fury will get the first shot at the undisputed title, there'd be a bit of minor grumbling from a few fury fans online but that'd be it.

So stop with the BS narrative that he HAS to fight fury next

No he dont

Eddie Hearn has consistently been funny with the money, whether on Joshua's behalf or simply as his own thinking.

He's shorted Wilder, he's shorted Fury, and now he's even shorted Dillian Whyte.

Wilder and Fury sat and came to a fair deal for the first fight, and the camps are again sitting down and working out a fair deal for the rematch. No posturing nonsense.

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
                      Wilder fans on here won't be around much longer so enjoy the comedy while it lasts. Wilder will be lucky if he's a belt holder after this year , in fact it's easy picturing Breazeale laying him out which would poetic and put a flat line on all of them.

Either way you can't fix stupid so in the meantime it's almost as fun just watching them squirm on here at every turn making excuses why the fight won't happen, why it shouldn't happen , and why it doesn't need to happen . The Wilderettes are in for a really bad reality check sooner or later , my money's on sooner !
                      Hang on Wilder is an interesting fighter because he isn't a great boxer but has huge power. Nothing wrong with enjoying his fights. I don't think anyone is stupid if they like Wilder.

Comment

Working...
                      X