Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hearn releases statement on AJ fight: 10 days to find opponent.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think they're delaying announcing the Whyte fight on purpose so they could act like it's a fight we wanted after announcement

No one gives a **** about AJ v Whyte 2 for the common wealth belt

Comment

Radio silence from Deyonce.

He needs to make sure Haymon pays him properly to fight Fury if he's going to turn down the chance to be undisputed against Joshua.

Or maybe he's under a slave contract and he has no say in the matter.

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
        I think they're delaying announcing the Whyte fight on purpose so they could act like it's a fight we wanted after announcement

Bingo that’s what Hearn is doing to pretend like he is wanted to make a fight with Wilder or Fury when Whyte was the choice all along.

Comment

I don't know, it seems pretty clear to me. The option is there for one of them.

The pay will be big, but you're not getting anywhere near 40/50% as a challenger (which they all are).

Plenty of people go on about Hearn/Joshua being all about the money. Well who isn't? Who's the one who will sacrifice a bit to go and get the biggest prize. They can write their own cheques if they win.

10 Days means there's some desperation. Now is a great time to negotiate... if you want the fight. You might not get a better opportunity.

Logic says Whyte steps up. Providing he can do a bit better than a mandatory payday.

The other two will fight for second best and a big payday. And people will laud them for it and call Joshua money hungry!

Comment

Originally posted by rolshans View Post
            A stance many promoters have taken.....and also a big reason why the UFC has replaced boxing....
            The UFC has not replaced boxing. The top boxers make much more money than any UFC fighter. White is a dictator who tells his fighters what to do, who to fight and how much they will get paid. Do you want boxing to be like that? If the UFC has replaced boxing why is Dana White trying so hard to start promoting boxing?

Comment

Originally posted by Toffee View Post
              I don't know, it seems pretty clear to me. The option is there for one of them.

The pay will be big, but you're not getting anywhere near 40/50% as a challenger (which they all are).

Plenty of people go on about Hearn/Joshua being all about the money. Well who isn't? Who's the one who will sacrifice a bit to go and get the biggest prize. They can write their own cheques if they win.

10 Days means there's some desperation. Now is a great time to negotiate... if you want the fight. You might not get a better opportunity.

Logic says Whyte steps up. Providing he can do a bit better than a mandatory payday.

The other two will fight for second best and a big payday. And people will laud them for it and call Joshua money hungry!
              I agree. If either Fury or Wilder wanted to fight AJ they could do it this April. If they want to rematch each other instead how is that AJ's fault? Ring magazine has AJ as the number 1 heavyweight, Fury 2nd, Wilder 3rd and Whyte 4th. I agree with those rankings. If Wilder and Fury won't fight him then Whyte is the highest ranked boxer he could possibly fight and a champion should not be faulted for fighting a top contender.

Comment

Meaning, they still don't want any part of Wilder or Fury.

Comment

Wilder should push for the Fury rematch. I thought he lost. Joshua might as well take on Whyte. Fury has the options.

Comment

Lol Eddie expectes people to jump because he says jump.

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post

You have said this shvvt so many times and no one give a fvvk about you.
                      You should stop crying while saying it. It's becoming too boring, try something new you Mudafvvka.

Comment

Working...
                      X