No announcement yet.

I see a lot of people picking Plant over Uzcategui

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
    Yeah man I really don't see why it's so hard for people to just give a fighter props. Jealousy maybe? Or maybe just not man enough to admit they were wrong, nothing wrong with that
    Yeah that’s one of the things that really bothers me about a lot of new people that join the board. It’s either my guy wins or it’s a fix. F-cking ridiculous. Worse is how mad people get at pro fighters that pick against the guy they like.

Ugatezi is a good boxer but it wasn’t like picking Plant should make people upset like picking a journeyman to beat prime Ali or SRR.

Comment

Yeah man I really don't see why it's so hard for people to just give a fighter props. Jealousy maybe? Or maybe just not man enough to admit they were wrong, nothing wrong with that
      Made money on Plant and I could tell Uzcategui threw the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by WallabeeKing View Post
        Made money on Plant and I could tell Uzcategui threw the fight.
        Threw the fight huh

Please tell me how that benefits his career. What would giving Plant a win do for him? Not like it's going to catapult Plant into some type of superstar stratosphere. He simply couldn't do what he wanted in the ring due to Plant being a better fighter than Jose anticipated. It's really that simple

Comment

Threw the fight huh

Please tell me how that benefits his career. What would giving Plant a win do for him? Not like it's going to catapult Plant into some type of superstar stratosphere. He simply couldn't do what he wanted in the ring due to Plant being a better fighter than Jose anticipated. It's really that simple
          Get him a nice check for handing the belt over. The most he made in his career was a 100k ffs, and like PBC wanted 3 of their stars all being exposed on two straight cards.. Caleb opened up as +300 underdog, and that lasted for about 12 hours, so people on the inside knew the deal. I've never seen odds flip so fast in my life. Caleb probably had no idea, but it's so obvious. I wouldn't expect someone with Plant all over his avi and sig to understand though.

Comment

Originally posted by WallabeeKing View Post
            Get him a nice check for handing the belt over. The most he made in his career was a 100k ffs, and like PBC wanted 3 of their stars all being exposed on two straight cards.. Caleb opened up as +300 underdog, and that lasted for about 12 hours, so people on the inside knew the deal. I've never seen odds flip so fast in my life. Caleb probably had no idea, but it's so obvious. I wouldn't expect someone with Plant all over his avi and sig to understand though.
            So just assumptions huh, yeah thought so. If not you should take all this "evidence" you have to the commission and blow this whole thing up

What I understand is instead of giving a fighter his props you would rather throw garbage conspiracy theories out there. Sad

Comment

So just assumptions huh, yeah thought so. If not you should take all this "evidence" you have to the commission and blow this whole thing up

What I understand is instead of giving a fighter his props you would rather throw garbage conspiracy theories out there. Sad
              I'm here trying to make a profit, while you just rooting for your guy. We see things differently.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
                You're not in the minority. Seems like the majority are riding with Jose.

We need a poll here.
                You're absolutely right of course (and the same is borne out on the Pick 'em) but there's a strange phenomenon goes on NSB, like a kinda siege mentality where folk who are in a majority (or at least not a significant minority) only actually notice the stuff which runs counter to their own opinion. Same way you often get fanboys and haters declaring the site is overrun with guys from the other side, when in fact the numbers are roughly equal with a majority of fairly neutral posters making up the balance.

Think it's human psychology maybe - the things that are a challenge to our narrative are the things we tend to notice most - things that are already in line with our worldview are taken for granted.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                  I hope you are man enough to be honest about why you had an issue with people picking Plant and then be man enough to discuss him actually winning.

Hopefully you can accept the fact that not everyone sees the same guy winning and not all picks are rooted in something nefarious or negative.

I also hope you don’t do what I’ve seen others that picked Ucagetzi to win and decide the fight was fixed or rigged because Plant won.
                  I hope you get off your high horse.

I also hope you don't act fcking gay in my threads ever again.

But I do give props to Plant. He won and it was fair and he looked good doing it. I thought he was just some bearded douche Floyd wannabe... I mean, he is but he's also much better than I thought.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
                    I hope you get off your high horse.

I also hope you don't act fcking gay in my threads ever again.

But I do give props to Plant. He won and it was fair and he looked good doing it. I thought he was just some bearded douche Floyd wannabe... I mean, he is but he's also much better than I thought.
                    High horse? You were the one that made the pick based on emotions and feelings. The answer to my question is no, you are not man enough. How you equate this post to acting gay illustrates the problem I am highlighting.

Instead of basing your pick on the boxers and their attributes, you picked one guy because the other IYO emulates the best and most successful boxer in the last 25 years. and you don't like that.

AT least you aren't a complete tool and suggest the fight was fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                      High horse? You were the one that made the pick based on emotions and feelings. The answer to my question is no, you are not man enough. How you equate this post to acting gay illustrates the problem I am highlighting.

Instead of basing your pick on the boxers and their attributes, you picked one guy because the other IYO emulates the best and most successful boxer in the last 25 years. and you don't like that.

AT least you aren't a complete tool and suggest the fight was fixed.
                      I give Plant full credit and I did last night and today. I'm not sure what else I can do, man. I picked wrong and I'm eating crow. Is he a personal friend of yours or something?

Comment

Working...
                      X