Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Devin Haney on Teofimo Beating Mendard: 'I Softened Him Up'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want to see Haney vs Lopez, Teofimo would destroy this kid like he did Menard.
    I can't see Haney beating Loma, Lopez, or Garcia at 135
    They sparred before. Both sides claim to have gotten the better of the situation. Hopefully promotional issues don't prevent a fight between the two in the future...

Comment

Good to see a San Francisco born fighter (Haney) getting some attention, we don't have many.

Lopez looks tougher, stronger, and a little more experienced at this point, but no question I'm pulling for homeboy. Looking forward to seeing him in action this weekend against the undefeated South African.

War Devin!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
        Haney might be correct (that he softened him up), but Teofimo Lopez's KO was way better!
        Nah man, Menard was KO'd twice before the Haney school lesson and Lopez sent Menard into retirement. Both good wins.

Comment

These two need to fight each other instead of taking setup fights. This is the kind of match up boxing fans dream of! Makes ZERO sense to let this marinate because one or both of them will lose and the luster will go away; it happens in boxing. This should be targeted for late 2019 or early 2020 at the latest.
          Last edited by richardt; 01-08-2019, 04:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
            These two need to fight each other instead of taking setup fights. This is the kind of match up boxing fans dream of! Makes ZERO sense to let this marinate because one or both of them will lose and the luster will go away; it happens in boxing. This should be targeted for late 2019 or early 2020 at the latest.
            I agree. I seen some fights on ShoBox Generations where they have a prospect against another prospect (both undefeated) fight each other. Example, James Wilkins vs Misael Lopez. I'm sure TR can do the same by giving us Haney vs Lopez to fight for a title

Comment

Originally posted by Satir View Post
              as long as Loma holds the titles at 135 the guys like Davis or Berchelt wont move up
              Davis is moving up this year (maybe his next fight). He'll fight Lomachenko next year, probably Cinco de Mayo, if both remain undefeated.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                Haney might be correct (that he softened him up), but Teofimo Lopez's KO was way better!
                No Haney isn’t correct he didn’t soften shht up. Fact is Teofimo would have sparked that dude out the same way regardless if Haney hadn’t beat him first.

Comment

It's difficult to get so excited about prospects fighting lower level competition while their promoters and networks rev up the hype machine.

However, a Lopez-Haney fight would be great - winner gets to re-arrange Ryan Garcia's face on his instagram page.

Comment

I don't see Lopez fighting Loma. He would be too green to fight Loma up until next year and he would too weight drain to fight at least at 140 in the next 3 years. Lopez and Crawford would most likely be the in collision.

Haney is too green to fight a puncher with skill like Lopez at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by True-Boxing-Fan View Post
                      No Haney isn’t correct he didn’t soften shht up. Fact is Teofimo would have sparked that dude out the same way regardless if Haney hadn’t beat him first.
                      I totally agree, but I have to acknowledge that Menard was stopped just a few months ago!

Comment

Working...
                      X