Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Devin Haney on Teofimo Beating Mendard: 'I Softened Him Up'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by j.razor View Post
    I got Haney. Easy work.
    At this point I have DH as well, but "easy work"?

Comment

both Haney and Lopez make weight while still young, in 2 years they'll have better competition as they'll be fighting guys the same size as them at 140, then we'll see, who's now at 135, nobody, except for blown-up featherweight Loma and a jumping man and a rubber man Garcia

Comment

Originally posted by Satir View Post
        both Haney and Lopez make weight while still young, in 2 years they'll have better competition as they'll be fighting guys the same size as them at 140, then we'll see, who's now at 135, nobody, except for blown-up featherweight Loma and a jumping man and a rubber man Garcia
        135 has the potential of becoming a MONSTER division. You could very well see the likes of Haney/Lopez/Balderas/Stevenson/Lomachenko/Machado/Davis/Berchelt/R.Garcia at LW in the next two years. Stevenson may be pushing it, but I think it is possible. Heck, maybe Mikey as well but that is highly doubtful. Lopez will one day fight at WW and possibly even 154 as he has to frame to go up so hopefully he gets some of these match ups before he moves up.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
          135 has the potential of becoming a MONSTER division. You could very well see the likes of Haney/Lopez/Balderas/Stevenson/Lomachenko/Machado/Davis/Berchelt/R.Garcia at LW in the next two years. Stevenson may be pushing it, but I think it is possible. Heck, maybe Mikey as well but that is highly doubtful. Lopez will one day fight at WW and possibly even 154 as he has to frame to go up so hopefully he gets some of these match ups before he moves up.
          as long as Loma holds the titles at 135 the guys like Davis or Berchelt wont move up

Comment

Originally posted by Satir View Post
            as long as Loma holds the titles at 135 the guys like Davis or Berchelt wont move up
            If Loma fights Lopez early next year, he may not have a title. I'm interested in seeing how Top Rank navigates this situation. Could end up being a case of a bit too early and Lomachenko may be able to school him, or Lopez will just overwhelm him with his youth and size and end Lomachenko and ultimately end him being a big name....Though that would make Lopez a young STAR and could be a passing of the torch moment. Top Rank is by far the best at developing prospects and leading their careers early on so the likes of Trampler won't just put Lopez in that type of fight if they don't think he can win.

Either way, the LW division is going to be booming!

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
              If Loma fights Lopez early next year, he may not have a title. I'm interested in seeing how Top Rank navigates this situation. Could end up being a case of a bit too early and Lomachenko may be able to school him, or Lopez will just overwhelm him with his youth and size and end Lomachenko and ultimately end him being a big name....Though that would make Lopez a young STAR and could be a passing of the torch moment. Top Rank is by far the best at developing prospects and leading their careers early on so the likes of Trampler won't just put Lopez in that type of fight if they don't think he can win.

Either way, the LW division is going to be booming!
              I dont see Loma vs Lopez happening anytime soon. Bobs got a hot prosepct in Lopez who has potential to become a star and Loma is arguably his biggest star. No way he messes up the rise of either of them by putting them in together

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx23 View Post
                I dont see Loma vs Lopez happening anytime soon. Bobs got a hot prosepct in Lopez who has potential to become a star and Loma is arguably his biggest star. No way he messes up the rise of either of them by putting them in together
                It's not happening in 2019 that's for sure. And this is the thing, Lomachenko is his biggest or second biggest star behind Crawford. Him beating Lopez isn't going to make him any bigger, but if the opposite happens? You damn right better believe it takes Lopez to the next level. That's why I said it will be interesting in seeing how TR navigates this situation. Lomachenko is a smaller fighter and will be turning 31 this year. He can start to slip very soon and it would be FAR better having Lopez dethrone him than anyone else. But his skill level is so high even if he is small for his weight class that he may reign for another three or so years. Eventually they will pull the trigger on this fight IMO. And I think it happens mid to late 2020.

Comment

I want to see Haney vs Lopez, Teofimo would destroy this kid like he did Menard.
                  I can't see Haney beating Loma, Lopez, or Garcia at 135

Comment

It's too early to tell who will have their first title fight cause neither have been really tested and with some of the opposition they had average performances. Haney with Burgos and Lopez with Sanchez. But that's the part of being a prospect is learning and becoming experienced. They shouldn't rush neither cause both are still green and while it does look good when a prospect KO an experienced/veteran fighter it doesn't mean that the prospect is already a threat to the top 5 or top 10 pfp fighters of their division. Wait till they start matching them against B level opponents and see how they do. So far from what we've seen from both, it is looking promising.

Comment

Haney takes López too school, Teófimo is solid and quick but he’s too offensive oriented to beat Devin!

Devin will walk the ring and walk López into counters all night!

Comment

Working...
                      X