Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Whyte: After Fans Booed Joshua, He Went Home and Cried!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
    Vacant titles don’t get thrown in though, regardless of if you think Joshua would have beat the guys on the list. That’s not how it works. It should have been Klit vs Ortiz like every other vacant title is done. If that couldn’t be done, then Klit vs Ustinov. The WBA played favoritism and a lot of people were angry at the time.

A few months ago the WBO stripped Saunders and had to go down the rankings list to set up a fight. Ended up being Andrede vs a guy nobody had ever heard of. ******, but fair. The WBO didnt throw the vacant belt into the Jacobs match but Rankings are there for a reason.
    I take your point, but are we really arguing for maintaining fairness under a boxing organisation? We know their rankings are horse shit.

It stinks, but it always stinks. From a fan perspective it was a more worthy fight for the belt.

Does it damage the WBA's credibility? Do they have any credibility? 3 champions plus region champions and guys in their top 10 that will never get near a title fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Toffee View Post
      I take your point, but are we really arguing for maintaining fairness under a boxing organisation? We know their rankings are horse shit.

It stinks, but it always stinks. From a fan perspective it was a more worthy fight for the belt.

Does it damage the WBA's credibility? Do they have any credibility? 3 champions plus region champions and guys in their top 10 that will never get near a title fight.
      They have no credibility. I hate the WBA more than the other three by far. And I wasnt attacking you, just saying why the WBA belt being on the line was an issue at the time. Them turning around and elevating it to Super after the fact was another thing entirely

Comment

• Originally posted by SeGoodland View Post
        Oh man, you are embarrassing yourself.

You are just regurgitating the same thing that other posters use when they have no facts to back it up. Its always the same with Anti-Joshua posters.

The $50m offer was not a legitimate offer. Period. End of. If it was 100% about the money, Joshua can just sit back and fight mandatories and bring in £100m from his contract with Matchroom.

The bottom line is, Hearn made Wilder a flat fee offer which was more than Wilder had ever earned from a single fight. Fact. That's what Hearn thought Wilder was worth at that time.
        50 mil is a joke to brits that earn 15 mil a fight thats what he's paid as a unified champ. Floyd earned 100s of millions fighting under the same people that called joshuas bluff. 50 mil is good in america i dont know about britain. Thats ****** to fight for 15 an not 50. Unless you don't believe in your self. Or somebody on that side know he isnt ready. Mayweather an canelo have both signed contracts over 250 mil. And they fight in america. What is fake about fighting in vegas for 50 mil an you have 5 belts. its been 100 mil dollar checks passed in vegas.1 fight generated 600 mil clocked in 1 night. All FACTS

Comment

Working...
        X