Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bernstein: Fury Did Not Get Long Count, Wilder Rematch is 50-50

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Bernstein: Fury Did Not Get Long Count, Wilder Rematch is 50-50

Showtime's veteran boxing broadcaster, Al Bernstein, was beyond impressed with Tyson Fury's performance in last month's world title fight with WBC heavyweight champion Deontay Wilder. The contest, which took place at the Staples Center in Los Angeles, ended in a controversial twelve round draw.
    [Click Here To Read More]

If the rematch happens it’ll be the same as before

If Fury can outbox Wilder without getting touched he wins if Wilder hits Fury with the hammer Wilder will win

I’m a fan of Fury but his reluctance to talk about a immediate rematch makes me think he knows he escaped that fight by the skin of his teeth with the KD in the 12th and wouldn’t be suprised if he’s still waking up in the middle of the night in cold sweats having nightmares about that KD

Fury’s profile has done a 180 as most feel he won the fight but if a rematch happens and Wilder catches him ( which there is a very good chance and he probably wouldn’t be getting up this time ) he’ll lose whatever momentum he’s built from the first fight

Comment

In reality it's 60-40 in furys favour. But if fury don't want to be favourite and feels he performs better as underdog let it be 51-49 in wilder favour.

Comment

It was that daft black prick who started it when he posted the video of the "long count", but he started the count before Fury had touched the canvas. You know it's the same type of prick that screams racism every couple of hours but they have no issues with lying their pathetic backsides off when it suits them. We have them on the 'white side' and we call them Golovkin, Kovalev and now of course Usyk fanboys who can't accept it when their heroes look less than stellar. Get tired of these fkn crybabies on all sides.

Comment

i see Wilder coming in smarter in the rematch. more patient. and possibly bigger!?

Comment

Because fury seemed to be out cold we automaticallly assumed he would not wake up and beat the count but it was not as long as some of the 10 counts i have seen and each time i watch i see him getting to his feet at the 9.9 mark and if he is upright and astute he can fight on...wilder fans just trying any reason to try and avoid the fact the big dosser totally outclassed by fury.
            I saw wilder actually get a 30 second count added on to a minutes rest last time he boxed ortiz....30 seconds for the big dosser jeez

Comment

Originally posted by Marvlus Marv View Post
              It was that daft black prick who started it when he posted the video of the "long count", but he started the count before Fury had touched the canvas. You know it's the same type of prick that screams racism every couple of hours but they have no issues with lying their pathetic backsides off when it suits them. We have them on the 'white side' and we call them Golovkin, Kovalev and now of course Usyk fanboys who can't accept it when their heroes look less than stellar. Get tired of these fkn crybabies on all sides.
              doesn't matter anyways, because 90% of idiots don't seem to understand that it's NOT a 10 second count, it's a refs discretionary ten count, and that's why it's not ****ing timed!

I blame Don King after the Tyson/Douglas thing. After that, people started screaming "slow count" all the time.

Comment

I timed it and also got between 9 and 10.
                Many count 1 when he hits the canvas when that is zero.

But it's hype that he was unconscious. When the camera zooms into his face at 3-4 sec, you could see his eyes were to his right looking at the ref. He was either never unconscious or at most for a second or two.

Comment

Lol. The time is on bottom of the fooking screen during fight. Hahahaha. I've never heard of such dumbness as the long count question and weirdo belief. Can't believe it got read even once lol

Comment

The count was not long. However the ref did seem to give Fury "extra time" on his feet, recovering, before waving Wilder on.

Comment

Working...
                    X