Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn Claims Joshua Fight Offers Ignored, Wilder's Team Silent

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
    Showing interest and accepting are two different things. I would view the situation a lot differently if AJ had accepted the offer in principle, then had another contractual obligation that would preclude the agreement. That's a lot different than saying I'm not selling my soul.

One thing I never heard from either AJ or Eddie (well, AJ said it once...) is that they were willing to fight Deontay Wilder for $50M. Once the offer was made, there was never an acceptance.
    Accepting inf principle is just showing interest, it's not actually accepting is it. They found a no lose way of getting publicity for Wilder. Congrats to them. We now know they weren't serious. They wouldn't have been negotiating with BT when they know Joshua is tied to Sky if they were serious. You are wanting to rag on Joshua not accepting a BS offer instead of the BS offer. That's some fanboy ****.

Comment

• Wilder is fighting Fury....Hearn been acting desperate every since Wilder/Fury was signed and even more after The fight got so much attention. Dude was giving Wilder a deadline whrn he was already set to fight Fury....While that snake knew who he had lined up to fight AJ before that.....same now...Hearn is angling for Wtye rematch...So why is he playing game??..Oh yeah for the dumbass fans who hate Wilder so much that they would actually believe the bs come out Hearn snake ass mouth lol

Comment

AJ also said he wasn't selling his soul, and said you train and fight Wilder, so we have a bit of conflict there. A yes from Eddie Hearn, the boss, would have been nice too. I never saw a real acceptance of principle.

You also don't make big historic business deal with someone who hasn't agreed to do business.
        Yeah but details come before agreeing to a deal.

If you want someone to take a deal you oblige them with a meeting which they had already booked anyway. I presume Wilder expected to earn 25 mil ish if the offer was serious,. I'd be pissed if I had a member of staff that didn't meet even if there was a 1% chance of getting that 25 mil, they could have sold the deal to Hearn. Not meeting doesn't add up if Wilder wanted that money too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
          I think there has been a ton of bad faith tactics by Hearn that makes this whole thing waaaaay past bs right now. What may or may not be happening now or 7 months ago doesn't mean sh^t as we speak.

I think all moves by Hearn right now are face saving moves cuz he knows there is a rematch in play that leaves Joshua holding his dick & waiting. Thus giving more negotiationing power to Wilder's side.

Hell between Hearn's all over the place Arumistic logic from the past few months Wilder vs Fury either wasn't going to happen at all or if it did neither could fight Joshua next anyway cuz there was a 2 fight agreement in place. So why is he expecting to make the fight if Wilder can't by Hearn's former logic? If that isn't showing you the impressive amount of bs Hearn keeps putting out there about other peoples business idk what would.

The reality is Hearn used to make fights for Joshua & now he's playing games with fights.

Hearn is in a whole new world than he's used to with a guy so big he's scared of what he's created & doesn't wanna be the guy who shoots the golden goose. Thats what I think Hearn is dealing with in reality behind the scenes.

Hearn took risks to make Joshua what he is, but now he's trying to keep him as big as he can for as long as he can & that follows the logic of playing games with the biggest most threatening opponents out there. Thing is at some point avoiding them too long & letting the narrative shift to a negative as Joshua being criticized more as of late by UK fans.

Its a fine line Hearn walks & he's clearly confused & alternating strategies all the time once all the jumble of differing viewpoints he's always out there tossing around hoping something lands or keeps fans confused.

Lol that's ******ed. Afraid? Afraid isn't even really a thing at this level of the game I've always felt like. Not really. You don't get to where either guy has gotten by allowing fear entering your decision-making process.

Wilder or Joshua both would fight each other or anyone else. This is business, ego & gamesmanship ship now doe cuz of how Hearn choose to play this situation. The dollars just gotta add up & the bs & gamesmanship needs to end. Once its started its hard to stop it doe. Hearn used to make fights like I keep saying doe. He's playing games & playing against type with all this safety first don't go risking the golden goose sh^t he's stolen from Arum's Business of Boxing class post-Klitschko near crash & burn situation making Joshua Joshua.
          This post is so biased .. seriously mate, I'm disappointed in you now!

You're condemning Hearn for bad faith tactics when both sides have shown bad faith ... the only differences being that Hearn doesn't insult my intelligence with his bullshit like Finkel does, and he now seems to be making a genuine attempt to get the fight made.

Finkel made AJ an offer via social media which had a 24 hour take it or leave it deadline, then cancelled a scheduled meeting with Hearn and refused to tell him the details of the offer unless AJ publically accepted it first.

It was later confirmed by Frank Warren that BT Sport were funding the offer, that he'd told Finkel that Hearn would never accept it because of AJ's Sky Sports contract, and that he wouldn't have accepted it himself, if he'd been in Hearn's position!

Do you call that negotiating in good faith?

I believe Wilder is afraid of AJ because he has a fragile ego and is too concerned with what other people think and say about him, proven by his frequent emotional social media meltdowns and the ridiculous excuses he has been coming out with since getting embarrassed by Fury.

He knows that if he fights AJ there is a very real chance of him ending up out cold and twitching on the canvas, the way he loves to brag about leaving other guys, and I don't think he is prepared to live with the consequences of that happening, in terms of what people will think and say about him afterwards.

It's always bad for fighters to start believing their own hype and bullshit, which Wilder is trying desperately to do.

Comment

AJ also said he wasn't selling his soul, and said you train and fight Wilder, so we have a bit of conflict there. A yes from Eddie Hearn, the boss, would have been nice too. I never saw a real acceptance of principle.

You also don't make big historic business deal with someone who hasn't agreed to do business.
            He was clearly talking about how difficult it was to reach a deal with Wilder there.

And yes, I know Fury didn't find it difficult, but Wilder was very confident of beating him, and Fury accepted that he was the B Side in their negotiations.
            Last edited by kafkod; 01-04-2019, 10:11 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by KillaMane26 View Post
              Wilder is fighting Fury....
              Possibly .. but the point is that he doesn't even seem to be considering a unification fight with AJ as another possibilty, if the rematch with Fury doesn't happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by lefthooklead View Post
                How does AJ starch Fury when he can't even land clean on Parker and can't starch Takam?
                You think Fury can stand up to AJ’s power ?

Comment

• Originally posted by kafkod View Post
                  Possibly .. but the point is that he doesn't even seem to be considering a unification fight with AJ as another possibilty, if the rematch with Fury doesn't happen.
                  Surely Wilder’s preference is Joshua not Fury.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Scott.Weiland- View Post
                    Surely Wilder’s preference is Joshua not Fury.
                    It isn't though. He's made that abundantly clear.

Comment

• Originally posted by kafkod View Post
                      It isn't though. He's made that abundantly clear.
                      Nonsense.

I hate to ask you this and I know you’re nearly sixty but are you a virgin ?

Comment

Working...
                      X