Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn Claims Joshua Fight Offers Ignored, Wilder's Team Silent

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JWHardin View Post
    Eddie Hearn and his idiot followers need to read the last sentence of the article to themselves over and over. Maybe it will sink in.

But then they’re also, I guess, planning a Tyson Fury rematch."

Wilder has said he's fighting Breazeale if not Fury. He wants no part of Joshua. He'd rather go back to earning 2 mil.

Comment

Any offer put out there by Hearn needs to be immediately challenged by team Wilder, demanding they provide proof of funds. Give them a 24hr deadline. Then say they are fighting someone else. Sound familiar? Of course it won't be $50 million dollars guaranteed like they turned down.

Even the rabid AJ fans will begin to see how blatantly Joshua ducked Wilder last fall. But to others, it simply won't sink in.

"You want to know the details of the offer and to meet regarding the biggest HW guarantee? Don't be ridiculous.

Say publicly that you accept our offer then we'll let you know what you actually have to do for the money."

You can't see any problems with this?

Comment

Any offer put out there by Hearn needs to be immediately challenged by team Wilder, demanding they provide proof of funds. Give them a 24hr deadline. Then say they are fighting someone else. Sound familiar? Of course it won't be $50 million dollars guaranteed like they turned down.

Even the rabid AJ fans will begin to see how blatantly Joshua ducked Wilder last fall. But to others, it simply won't sink in.
        It was Wilder that gave a 24 hour deadline and cancelled a meeting to negotiate. We later found out the offer was BS (which many of us expected), Haymon/Wilder were negotiating with BT knowing Joshua was tied to Sky, making it impossible for Joshua to accept. You got played for a fool.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jax teller View Post
          "You want to know the details of the offer and to meet regarding the biggest HW guarantee? Don't be ridiculous.

Say publicly that you accept our offer then we'll let you know what you actually have to do for the money."

You can't see any problems with this?
          Quite frankly, I don't. "Yes, I accept the offer on its face value. Now, let's see the details." The further details don't necessarily need to be agreed to, and AJ couldn't legally (at least US law) be bound to anything further than $50m

Comment

• Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
            Quite frankly, I don't. "Yes, I accept the offer on its face value. Now, let's see the details." The further details don't necessarily need to be agreed to, and AJ couldn't legally (at least US law) be bound to anything further than $50m
            But you see a problem with asking for the details before accepting? They were hiding something and we found out what later, they had BT involved. Which makes the offer a complete utter BS offer which was impossible for Joshua to accept anyway. Wilder fans shouldn't even bring it up it proves Wilder didn't want the fight, but they aren't the brightest bunch.

Comment

AJ had already said "Lets roll" what more do you want? Why wasn't that enough for a meeting?

You don't make big, historical business deals with someone who refuses to meet you to discuss details, thats how you get ripped off.

Also if you've got nothing to hide, want someone to take your offer and have already "wasted the time" it would have required to arrange 50 mil to offer someone you'd oblige them by providing all the details.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                But you see a problem with asking for the details before accepting? They were hiding something and we found out what later, they had BT involved. Which makes the offer a complete utter BS offer which was impossible for Joshua to accept anyway. Wilder fans shouldn't even bring it up it proves Wilder didn't want the fight, but they aren't the brightest bunch.
                I dont see the point in providing details if there was no acceptance in principle. Its like when my father was alive. He was a paint contractor. Property maintenance companies would offer jobs doing communities. Contractors would submit bids and if the bid was won, a real contract was drawn up. There's no need to draw a contract until the bid is accepted.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jax teller View Post
                  AJ had already said "Lets roll" what more do you want? Why wasn't that enough for a meeting?

You don't make big, historical business deals with someone who refuses to meet you to discuss details, thats how you get ripped off.

Also if you've got nothing to hide, want someone to take your offer and have already "wasted the time" it would have required to arrange 50 mil to offer someone you'd oblige them by providing all the details.
                  AJ also said he wasn't selling his soul, and said you train and fight Wilder, so we have a bit of conflict there. A yes from Eddie Hearn, the boss, would have been nice too. I never saw a real acceptance of principle.

You also don't make big historic business deal with someone who hasn't agreed to do business.

Comment

I dont see the point in providing details if there was no acceptance in principle. Its like when my father was alive. He was a paint contractor. Property maintenance companies would offer jobs doing communities. Contractors would submit bids and if the bid was won, a real contract was drawn up. There's no need to draw a contract until the bid is accepted.
                    Hearn wanting to meet and negotiate showed they were interested. If Joshua/Hearn accpeted then they'd pull out the BT card and Joshua would have to back out. Why was it so important for Joshua to "accept" publicly? Publicity stunt. You got played.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                      Hearn wanting to meet and negotiate showed they were interested. If Joshua/Hearn accpeted then they'd pull out the BT card and Joshua would have to back out. Why was it so important for Joshua to "accept" publicly? Publicity stunt. You got played.
                      Showing interest and accepting are two different things. I would view the situation a lot differently if AJ had accepted the offer in principle, then had another contractual obligation that would preclude the agreement. That's a lot different than saying I'm not selling my soul.

One thing I never heard from either AJ or Eddie (well, AJ said it once...) is that they were willing to fight Deontay Wilder for $50M. Once the offer was made, there was never an acceptance.

Comment

Working...
                      X