Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where does De La Hoya RANK in the history of greatest jabs of all-time?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
    He had a very good jab and left hand in general. He did get outjabbed by Quartey who I’d definitely consider a better jabber.

I don’t think of De La Hoya when thinking of the greatest jabbers in history. I think of the following in that category - Larry Holmes, Harold Johnson, Marvin Hagler, Lennox Lewis, Sonny Liston, Tommy Hearns, Sugar Ray Robinson, Jose Napoles, Ken Buchanan, Ricardo Lopez, Marco Antonio Barrera, Winky Wright, Tommy Loughran, Fighting Harada, Ike Quartey, Benny Leonard, Joe Gans, George Benton, Gene Tunney, Rafael Marquez, Joe Louis, Bob Foster, Archie Moore, Curtis Cokes etc;
    why Sugar Ray Robbie

Comment

Originally posted by Floyd is TBE View Post
      Not good enough to avoid being nullified and countered by the true TBE
      yep Floyd jabbed back making Oscar jab less

All of Floyd's different jabs stopped Oscar's head jab

Comment

Originally posted by Floyd is TBE View Post
        Not good enough to avoid being nullified and countered by the true TBE
        Yup so far behind that he lost by 1 point where several people at the time also felt Oscar deserved the decision but I love how after some time has passed they make it out to seem like fuxxxkk boy Floyd dominated Oscar . Lol

Comment

Originally posted by kidbazooka View Post
          Yup so far behind that he lost by 1 point where several people at the time also felt Oscar deserved the decision but I love how after some time has passed they make it out to seem like fuxxxkk boy Floyd dominated Oscar . Lol
          Nobody credible thought Oscar won that fight.

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
            Who the fuuckkk is credible lol

Bottom line is Floyd ****kk boys try n act like he dominated that *****tt when anyone who doesn’t have Floyd dixkkk in their mouth knows that wasn’t the case.

That was a super close fight but just like alotta of his other fights(including the one he lost against Castillo) biitch boy was the spoiled baby of boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
              No, one judge and Floyd's own father and many of us did.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
                He had a very good jab and left hand in general. He did get outjabbed by Quartey who I’d definitely consider a better jabber.

I don’t think of De La Hoya when thinking of the greatest jabbers in history. I think of the following in that category - Larry Holmes, Harold Johnson, Marvin Hagler, Lennox Lewis, Sonny Liston, Tommy Hearns, Sugar Ray Robinson, Jose Napoles, Ken Buchanan, Ricardo Lopez, Marco Antonio Barrera, Winky Wright, Tommy Loughran, Fighting Harada, Ike Quartey, Benny Leonard, Joe Gans, George Benton, Gene Tunney, Rafael Marquez, Joe Louis, Bob Foster, Archie Moore, Curtis Cokes etc;
                No Ali? Maybe the fastest jab of all.
                And Buster Douglas, when he was on, is also at the top.
                With his jab in bout before Tyson, KDed his opponent 2x with his jab. Rare for any weight, but esp for HW.

Comment

Originally posted by kidbazooka View Post
                  Who the fuuckkk is credible lol

Bottom line is Floyd ****kk boys try n act like he dominated that *****tt when anyone who doesn’t have Floyd dixkkk in their mouth knows that wasn’t the case.

That was a super close fight but just like alotta of his other fights(including the one he lost against Castillo) biitch boy was the spoiled baby of boxing.
                  Definitely not you.

Comment

Originally posted by johnbook View Post
                    No, one judge and Floyd's own father and many of us did.
                    The judge was obviously not credible. There was bad blood between Mayweather and his father at the time and they were estranged. So no, he wasn't credible either

Maybe you can show that list of the "many" that thought Delahoya won?

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                      Oscar had a great and powerful jab and a mediocre right. He is left handed but boxes from a right handed stance putting his power hand up front and giving him a powerful left jab and left hook and a right hand that was just average. Sonny Liston, Trinidad and Quartey were also converted southpaws with powerful jabs and left hooks. Liston and Trinidad also had a great right hand that Quartey and Oscar dd not have. Oscar's jab was excellent and among the best.
                      How did I not know Trinidad was a converted south paw?! But yeah Oscar could jab and hook. But what I noticed about him was his chin tucked into his chest and his eyes up. He had a solid chin. He also dragged his left foot and kept it low as opposed to Trinidad who kept his high. I remember watching him fight bazooka live. Great fight. He could finish a fighter.

Comment

Working...
                      X